Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to sentient weapons?

1EMPTYSPACE1

A while ago DE teased those giant arm cannon looking sentient weapons, since they've obviously planned for some major game style changes have these been canned or going to perhaps be part of plains of eidolon? Also has shield gating been put to one side for now?

Who knows? Maybe Eidolon's 'Bursa-Raptors' - or other Sentient war machines - might happen to drop parts for Sentient weapons.

Though I agree; beyond (Broken) War and the Pakal gear, I'd like to see the Conculyst staff and Battalyst cannon become weapons - reusing their existing meshes and textures, and being like how Wraiths and Vandals are at the moment (not paintable, save for Supra V).

Sentient Fighter weapons for Warframes:

Spoiler

The Conculyst staff would be a fast-swinging staff, having high puncture, and it's unique ability would be, when executing the charge attack, doing the Conculyst tornado attack, rendering the user with [weapon damage total amount] in overshields during the attack. The attack is fueled by the combo counter and the 'fuel' doesn't linger; it's constantly decaying. Only Chroma can keep the 'fuel' for a short time using the weapon.

The Battalyst cannon would use Broken War's handle section for the trigger grip, and would be held like a shotgun (the cannon's prongs being top/bottom instead of left/right); it's initial shot requires charging, but after successful hits, the weapon's charge time shortens. The amount of damage this weapon deals also scaled with this special effect.

Batta-Concu staff-cannon; built from both the previous weapons, it classes itself as a speargun. Instead of being thrown, the alt-fire toggles it into a melee weapon, meaning you cannot bring a melee weapon with this equipped. It also has both the effects of the previous weapons included in their respective modes, and uses speargun animations in gun mode.

14 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

In the developer art panel at tennocon they showed concept artwork for a sentient fortress, geoff said that that's going to tie in with sentient arm cannons, so de's got plans.

Yes, I was there. They made it sound like it's still a ways off though. The Outpost are still in the concept sketch stage 

Sorry for going offtopic, but did anyone hear anything about super weapon(non-setient), on tennocon weapon panel ? its supposed to be three weapons(primary,secondary and melee) that when equiped together form some kind of super weapon, ive heard about this on reddit and I am confused no one mentioned on forums and was wondering if thats some kind of incorrect info or did people miss this info, here is where I found out about this weapon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6m5f4r/tennocon_2017_weapons_panel/

you can also see it here:

https://imgur.com/a/tM1TX#wVjkpdw

its the third pic.

Edited by Culaio

I think it would be pretty great to have the heavy Sentient weapons in Eidolon, you could blast them off the sentient, then pick them up and use them mid-battle. bearing in mind DE originally said these would be disposable weapons (like power ups) where once they run out of ammo, that's it, but they do massive damage to compensate for their limited use. plus we could use them on the Grineer out there as well!

as for shield gating, DE should take all the time they need, and double check then triple check their shield-gating system, to make sure that it works and it's balanced correctly.