Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.1.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Pegasy said:

Fix quick thinking please

I wholly and truly wish DE would just inform us of the bugs that they are currently looking into.  So many times I see posts like yours everywhere week after week and it suddenly pops up into some patch notes that it was fixed.

While this technically doesn't sound like a bug and more of a balancing issue I'm am certain DE is at the very least aware of it and will likely be addressing it soon, the problem is they never tell us what is on the semi-urgent-because-players-bug-us-constantly-about-it todo list so we just keep going on and on about it out of sheer frustration.

To reduce that to a simple response - SoonTM!

25 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

While this technically doesn't sound like a bug and more of a balancing issue I'm am certain DE is at the very least aware of it and will likely be addressing it soon

Since U21 the mod does not work as it did before so I'd call it a proper bug unless we want to call it a stealth nerf. And yeah I'd hope they will sort it out very soon!! :)

I'm sorry but the simulacrum changes is this most recent patch are... absolutely horrible.  Enemies not dying when you go back to the platform basically means If somehting can snipe you, or teleport you off, e.g. battalysts or commanders,  then Say good bye to ever being able to do anything in simulacrum.   2nd -   resetting the "spawn" bar every time is a stupid change,.  I now ahve to search every time I want to spawn the same thing I';ve spawned multiple times.   Not to sound rude, but I do not understand this change AT ALL.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.1.1

Changes

• Companion Kavats will now get knocked back and dissolve (instead of just vanishing) when they sadly die because you either left them or didn’t make it in time. 

You make it sound like it's a bad thing....

4 hours ago, jamae said:

Still no fix for unscannable security cameras. Damn cameras - last incomplete item in my codex (and damn it twice as corpus and as an object).

.. and the for luv of God give the apothic imprint scans to all who did the quest but never unlocked those 3 apothic imprints in their codex, because there is really no other way around to get those scans... it puts codex completionists on tilt actually

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes

• Fixed Mesa’s Peacemaker not acquiring new targets if it fails to find a target within a short period of time after firing.

This was not the problem. This implies the following:

1. Peacemaker successfully acquires targets upon activation and while still activated new targets were not acquired (sometimes, I suppose).

That was not, and still is not, the issue (which is not fixed). 

The issue was \ is below:

1. Upon activation Peacemaker does not recognize and acquire targets within the firing reticle.

2. Peacemaker must be deactivated.

3. Player has to fire a shot with a weapon.

4. Peacemaker must be re-activated and then, maybe, it will work. 

I believe that I still have video footage of this prior to the "fix" as well as footage of when it used to work. 

Since it appears that this wasn't QA tested (I literally duped the issue within 5 minutes after patch) I'll dive in and do some real testing. 

Thanks for the effort. 

Edited by RevoDinAlt
grammar

27 minutes ago, RevoDinAlt said:

1. Peacemaker successfully acquires targets upon activation and while still activated new targets were not acquired (sometimes, I suppose).

1. Upon activation Peacemaker does not recognize and acquire targets within the firing reticle.

I believe that I still have video footage of this prior to the "fix" as well as footage of when it used to work. 

Since it appears that this wasn't QA tested (I literally duped the issue within 5 minutes after patch) I'll dive in and do some real testing. 

Thanks for the effort. 

I don't really like the layout of The Simulacrum for play testing anyway. However, with the recent changes, it's nails driving into my brain dealing with the current issues. 

After my last post I tested Peacemaker in The Simulacrum and could only get the failure to recognize and acquire targets issue when using Streamlined Form. I think my first post on this issue mentioned that jumping \ bullet jumping and then activating Peacemaker was the issue. However, after subsequent updates, the issue got worse. Speed Holster, on the other hand, without Streamlined Form, does not present the issue (not in my testing but remember the nails in my brain from the Simulacrum). If the issue is with Streamlined Form then please don't break the mod or "fix it" so it doesn't work the way that it did prior to this Peacemaker bug. :D

-Revo

16 minutes ago, Shaistra said:

id still like to see a fix to harrow not effecting hydroid gaining energy from using tentacles when harrow uses his 3rd ability which is suppose to reward mana on kill and does not effect hydroid

Is the harrow actually killing to supply energy or is the hydroid killing everything. Cause its definitely a bug if harrow is killing but not giving energy to hydroid while he use tentacles. Its not a drain power like exalted blade so he should get energy whenever harrow kills something (and in range)

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're looking into a fix for this - thanks! 

Oh my god finally I have complained about this in almost every patch notes update after the initial Harrow update I was beginning to think harrow was a doof who holds shields backwards .

I've realized that debilitating nerfs to Mesa would make me quit this game. :(

There's literally no other frame that I would like to play on a daily basis and wouldn't mind taking to every mission out there. If DE took that away from me I'd log in so much more infrequently ending up with me quitting the game.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan Why hasn't the tint job for Wraiths and Vandals shipped yet? They were clearly ready when we saw them on TennoCon, as well as the TennoGen stuff.

Also update seems to have broken dual wielding, slam attack cannot be used unless aimed directly down and center when using melee with a pistol, when in melee only mode instead of combos all melee attacks become sliding attacks. Air attack in melee only mode results in a charging the glaive mid-air animation instead of slam/air attack.

Edited by CephalonYuuki

13 hours ago, Monskiller said:

Quick Thinking starts staggering the player at every damage tick, basically stunlocking them to death.

I've noticed this happening increasingly more on each of my frames. At first it was only nova, and now it's any with Quick Thinking. Anywhere from the simulacrum to missions and for about a week now.

8 hours ago, RevoDinAlt said:

Thanks for the effort. 

Well, peacemaker locks again, but somehow it seems it was nerfed. Either that or it just doesn't escalates mods equipped on secondary as previously...? Last week I played Mesa with no problem at all.

11 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I wholly and truly wish DE would just inform us of the bugs that they are currently looking into.  So many times I see posts like yours everywhere week after week and it suddenly pops up into some patch notes that it was fixed.

While this technically doesn't sound like a bug and more of a balancing issue I'm am certain DE is at the very least aware of it and will likely be addressing it soon, the problem is they never tell us what is on the semi-urgent-because-players-bug-us-constantly-about-it todo list so we just keep going on and on about it out of sheer frustration.

To reduce that to a simple response - SoonTM!

If it was done for balancing purpose it should still be in the patch notes, just changing how something works without any mention is just bad practice and feels like they either don't know what they did to break it or try to hide it. 

And yea, I would love to have a list of stuff they they are currently working on fixing / what they already know about. Even better would be if they would let community influence parts of it (maybe using something like uservoice or similar site) because now it feels very random what they choose to fix and what to ignore. "Oh no the energy colors are wrong on elytron vents" gets fixed or addressed before a mod that has existed for 3+ years and suddenly changed how it works. 

6 hours ago, uAir said:

I've realized that debilitating nerfs to Mesa would make me quit this game. :(

There's literally no other frame that I would like to play on a daily basis and wouldn't mind taking to every mission out there. If DE took that away from me I'd log in so much more infrequently ending up with me quitting the game.

I have a mixed-balanced build with mesa. Very fun to play.. Easy to make long runs in axi survivals or high level sorties.. If you want i can share that build with you =) 

Why are people bringing up heavy caliber's accuracy stat NOW? Its been like that for i don't even know how long. Longer than the 3 years I been playing.

(Same for magnum force or do people not bother with that untill more 100 accuracy side arms appear?)

Edited by BlueTunicLink

17 hours ago, Nirrel said:

Since U21 the mod does not work as it did before so I'd call it a proper bug unless we want to call it a stealth nerf.

Then I have to ask, why is the link provided posted in general feedback?  We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to bugs.  Also, granted I only read the OP of the post, it sounds like its technically working as intended, though I haven't used it in ages so that's just a guess.

If the way the mod works has changed, yes that's a bug if it wasn't intentionally in the patch notes.  So it should be reported as one, maybe it was already though, I didn't look.  

Anway, there are 5+ pages worth of responses, of which I read none, so I don't know the tone of the overall thread, but I really feel like DE is likely aware of the issue by now.

5 hours ago, Pegasy said:

If it was done for balancing purpose it should still be in the patch notes, just changing how something works without any mention is just bad practice and feels like they either don't know what they did to break it or try to hide it. 

No where did I say such a thing and I find it disconcerting that you'd misinterpret my words so severely.  Let me attempt to clarify.  I see a lot of threads about a particular topic (let's go with JV bugs), and NOTHING is given as an official response, for weeks (as is the case now with JV I believe, and also quickthinking).

Then I read patch notes some random wednesday and see "FIXED - so and so JV something or other" in the patch notes.

We had no idea, due to total lack of response from DE for weeks prior that they were even looking into the problem, so people will continue to post about it in desperation in every single thread that a DE staff member replies to or makes a thread on, even if the topic of the DE response has nothing to do with the problem being paraded around.

>DE response to random thread - Wow, great artwork!

>RandomPlayer (seeing a notify DE replied somewhere) - Hey DE person, since you said great artwork, can you please FIX so-and-so bug?!  

After which, seeing there is no response from DE, they repeat the process any time they see a reply or post from someone in DE.

But yeah, changes that were intentional, whether nerf or buff or otherwise, should always be in patch notes.  I did not mean to indicate otherwise.  

I only mentioned it possibly being a balancing issue as a cause or reason of it not yet being fixed.  DE is likely still in the process of determining the best course of action for an alternate solution.  Not that changes made for balancing reasons shouldn't be in patch notes.

Edited by Xekrin