Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please do something about QT staggers?

(PSN)zeroexalpha

As it stands there are very few niche uses for Quick Thinking, most of the time you'll probably get stuck in a stagger lock (Flamethrower says hi) and you'll be forced to watch your character stagger into death.

For 15 points this mod does not have enough pros to outweigh the cons.

Can we put a 2 second delay between staggers, so quick thinking can actually allow us to think quickly?

2 minutes ago, evilfluffy said:

I don't think any stun is needed to be honest.

Mhm. Realistically if something is damaging your energy pool you only have a few precious seconds to react, and those seconds are often occupied by the staggers you'll be receiving 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

As it stands there are very few niche uses for Quick Thinking, most of the time you'll probably get stuck in a stagger lock (Flamethrower says hi) and you'll be forced to watch your character stagger into death.

For 15 points this mod does not have enough pros to outweigh the cons.

Can we put a 2 second delay between staggers, so quick thinking can actually allow us to think quickly?

Or you could equip the exilus mod "pain threshold".

Increase stagger recovery by 160%.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Makes the stagger animation much quicker but it's frequently still a stunlock. It looks a bit funny, but you're still very dead. 

I dunno why this stagger is a thing and I feel like it came out of nowhere because I don't remember it happening before when I started building most of my frames with it. It destroys the point of QT when you get stunlocked forever and die anyways.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

It does not affect QT to the best of my knowledge. At least it didn't the last time i tested it.  

//testing

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Interesting.

But when else would a player stagger?

Staggering enemies include:

When a roller bumbs in to you is the most common.  Some guys on the wiki say in the comment that now it works with it, I`ll have to test it. I must have missed this during the Harrow Update. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Staggering enemies include:

When a roller bumbs in to you is the most common.  Some guys on the wiki say in the comment that now it works with it, I`ll have to test it. I must have missed this during the Harrow Update. 

Nice.

As a Trinity main I forgot about staggering enemies since I use link fairly often.

It is currently bugged since Chains of Harrow update. Did consoles just get the patch? It staggers a lot more than usual for some reason and it isn't fixed on PC either.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

45 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Looks like Pain Threshold does indeed affect QT now. Maybe the longer stagger is intented and not a bug after all, so we`ll have a reason to use PT not? 

You could be right about the logic behind it. But I tested that mod prior to Chains of Harrow and I was not impressed. It did offer me some protection against stun locks but I would still get staggered midair while preforming bullet jumps or aim gliding. You try to jump over a group of high level grineer and it feels like trying to fly a blimp over a parade of flak guns. It actually makes you an easier target then if you were just hiding behind a box, which is something you'd expect from Gears of War and not Warframe.

You could  equip an  actual  mod that helps  you not the  stagger me to death mod... In all seriousness  , quick thinking would be hella  OP again if  they removed the stagger ,  Back in the  day  it used  to have no stagger , and  pretty much all builds  were rage  +quick thinking LOL i never die  spam 4 builds

should  remove the stagger and  Give ita  a   Cooldown on effect IMO  that way it  wont  be an OP crutch again  and it wont  stagger you to death

As I've said before, if you want to make the most of a mod that allows you to cheat death you're going to have to pay a heavy price elsewhere in your frame's mod load out. 

I run my Mag with QT, Pain Threshold, Handspring, and Aviator and I still play carefully because I only intend for her to be slippery, not to compensate for my lack of situational awareness.

53 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

As I've said before, if you want to make the most of a mod that allows you to cheat death you're going to have to pay a heavy price elsewhere in your frame's mod load out. 

I run my Mag with QT, Pain Threshold, Handspring, and Aviator and I still play carefully because I only intend for her to be slippery, not to compensate for my lack of situational awareness.

I agree, but my point is that it is too punishing for actually using it. A stagger would be fine if it didnt loop infinitely for each incoming bullet.