The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login rewards, what should be next?

Fallen_Echo

The latest two login rewards we got were the Zenith and the Primed Shred.

While the zenith is just an okay gun (just an opinion) the primed shred is a nice mod for the slow chargerate or slow firerate weapons we have.

What should be the next?

Another sundial weapon? Perhaps a shotgun or a launcher?

Or a new primed mod? Primed firestorm, Primed vacuum or Primed equilbrium?

What do you guys want to see next?

honestly, at this point I don't think there should be any more weapons locked behind login timewalls. The three we have right now are OK, mainly because the zenith isn't exactly the most overpowered weapon.

But look at zenistar.

Sure, it's only a 300 day login reward, but its overpowered as all hell, encourages AFK behavior, interferes with allied sightlines... but let's just stick with the fact that its powerful for now. This is at 300 days, mind you.

The zenith is at 500...

the next will be at 700...

Eventually, if DE keeps coming out with weapons locked like these, one will be a powerful weapon. And it will be outrageously hard to get.

Cool it with the weapons. Make a syandana, sigil, sekhara etc. Something cool to work towards, but nothing that will leave new players in the dust powerwise.

i hope they stop it, maybe just put something like potatoes, maybe platinum, or this kind of things.

just not other weapons (primed mods are fine imo, they don't change your playstyle so much, and aren't obbligated mods), but weapons? the zenith is 500, the next one will be at 700 days, which is 2 years of gameplay, for a weapon that or it's a mastery fodder (and so why even try to reach it) or op (and still, i have to play 2 years to get it and there's no way to get it before)....

Btw i would say that a 700 we get a syandana

4 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Sundial warframe ftw!!!

Sundial Warframe BP day 700

Sundial Warframe Helmet day 800

Sundial Warframe Chassis day 900

Sundial Warframe System day 1000

Clockotium(special resource for Sundial Warframe) day 1100

/s

37 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

honestly, at this point I don't think there should be any more weapons locked behind login timewalls. The three we have right now are OK, mainly because the zenith isn't exactly the most overpowered weapon.

But look at zenistar.

Sure, it's only a 300 day login reward, but its overpowered as all hell, encourages AFK behavior, interferes with allied sightlines... but let's just stick with the fact that its powerful for now. This is at 300 days, mind you.

The zenith is at 500...

the next will be at 700...

Eventually, if DE keeps coming out with weapons locked like these, one will be a powerful weapon. And it will be outrageously hard to get.

Cool it with the weapons. Make a syandana, sigil, sekhara etc. Something cool to work towards, but nothing that will leave new players in the dust powerwise.

Mainly this yes!

Godz.....no Cosmetics!!!

I was heartfully in pain when we got the Dex syandana. That was just a smacketh to the anticipation department for myself and my son's that play the game. 

It was the equivalent of getting for Giftmas 3 game consoles you wanted each year.....and then getting socks for the last one. 

Give us something that we can play the game with....not more dressup and color items. We are warriors that want to do battle....not runway models that want to Vogue....oh wait, forgot there is FashionFrame that is EndGamers. 

Listen....Linda listen.....the 700 days should be something epic and worthy of those that put in the hours played before we went to this style of logins as well as those who did the logins to get that many logins. Give us something that speaks to the dedication to say "I HAVE BEEN HERE!!!"

If it is a cosmetic item, i hope to all that is created, will be created, and still only exists as dreamware....make it something that can actually be USED AS A WEAPON...such as a Syandana that when you spin has force waves that slam enemies away or armor set that increases slam damage from melee attacks. Give this UNIQUE 700 days of logging in item some POWER! 

Or not......

4 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

i hope they stop it, maybe just put something like potatoes, maybe platinum, or this kind of things.

just not other weapons (primed mods are fine imo, they don't change your playstyle so much, and aren't obbligated mods), but weapons? the zenith is 500, the next one will be at 700 days, which is 2 years of gameplay, for a weapon that or it's a mastery fodder (and so why even try to reach it) or op (and still, i have to play 2 years to get it and there's no way to get it before)....

Btw i would say that a 700 we get a syandana

Potatoes are unneeded it would feel like a kick in the nuts to get a premade potato for day 700.

DE gives platinum reward for logging in for 700 days, im sure if you repeat it enough times in yourself youll notice how impossible it sounds.

Consumable items should never be given out as login rewards especially when they are this cheap.

Fashion items are important for people who are doing fashionframe but for the others its just trash and even from the avid fashionframe users if it does not look gorgerous enought it will only make people salty as hell. @(Xbox One)DShinShoryuken is right getting a "fancy" coat or some armor pads is not a reward, its a bad joke.

The ONLY rewards what are appreciated by everybody are weapons and mods.

55 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Potatoes are unneeded it would feel like a kick in the nuts to get a premade potato for day 700.

well... i was not referring to a single potato, and anyway i prefer that than an other lens as sortie reward, but that's an other story

i'm against having too many weapons locked behind a time wall, and we are also talking of a giant time wall, 2 years are a really long time

10 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

well... i was not referring to a single potato, and anyway i prefer that than an other lens as sortie reward, but that's an other story

i'm against having too many weapons locked behind a time wall, and we are also talking of a giant time wall, 2 years are a really long time

Well yeah its a long time but its equal to everybody, i remember i played games where they given out event rewards based on the time players spent there. My brother got the five year marks some nice unique weapons, premium cash, fashion, those who played for less didnt get as much cash and as the time window decreased those who were new but still wanted something from the anniversary got some lame fashion accessories and yet no one had a problem with it becuase it was their reward for staying this long ingame.

7 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

but nothing that will leave new players in the dust powerwise

Not even taking login rewards into account, new players already start in the dust. A player could be MR10 before even getting Serration, which is considerably more useful to them than any of the primed mods. Most new players won't even have the resources to rank up a primed mod until halfway through the star chart anyway. If new players are only focused on what veterans have instead of enjoying playing through the game as intended, they are playing for the wrong reasons.

Limiting login rewards to cosmetics will render them meaningless to me. I want something actually useful after putting in 2+ years, which is why I think the current login reward system is fine. The rewards all have niche uses, but are by no means needed for any new player to experience the game fully.

14 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Not even taking login rewards into account, new players already start in the dust. A player could be MR10 before even getting Serration, which is considerably more useful to them than any of the primed mods. Most new players won't even have the resources to rank up a primed mod until halfway through the star chart anyway. If new players are only focused on what veterans have instead of enjoying playing through the game as intended, they are playing for the wrong reasons.

So far regardless of the constant material farming, prime hunting and various other grinding i done, needed to buy serration and hornet strike becuase it never ever dropped for me. That was when i was rank 9, now im rank 17 and they still didnt drop for me ever.

If we really want to improve the new player experience DE needs to actually make useable tutorials for everything becuase "check the wiki" is not supposed to be the norm.

21 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Limiting login rewards to cosmetics will render them meaningless to me. I want something actually useful after putting in 2+ years, which is why I think the current login reward system is fine. The rewards all have niche uses, but are by no means needed for any new player to experience the game fully.

And to me, these are supposed to be glorious rewards for loyalty getting another cape is everything but not a good reward. 

These things should never be login rewards:

1. fashion items
  2. boosters
  3. potatoes
  4. exilus adapters

The only way i find these acceptable as reward if you put them in big packages in the 50 days rewards, the ones what gave us those sigils but not in the 100 day main rewards.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Give this UNIQUE 700 days of logging in item some POWER!

so... you want something that dramatically increases your power on your 700th login day.

that's almost two years.

You want a new player to have to wait TWO YEARS before they have what we have, which is in this case something very powerful and something which clearly leaves new players below veterans with no way to grind their way up to those veterans because you'd want ever-more-powerful gear to be released which keeps veterans clearly above new players.

This would be like saying that anyone who went to tennocon gets an exclusive primed weapon that happens to be one of the most powerful in the game. Clearly, because they went to tennocon, they're the most dedicated players, and so deserve something POWERFUL to show off their dedication, right?

But you might notice that tennocon swag was relegated to irl items such as shirts, and cosmetics in-game.

Using login days as a measure of where you stand on the end-gamer scale is a very bad way to go about game progression. If you want a system like that, I can recommend a number of nice idle games which use that system by genre principle.

32 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

so... you want something that dramatically increases your power on your 700th login day.

that's almost two years.

You want a new player to have to wait TWO YEARS before they have what we have, which is in this case something very powerful and something which clearly leaves new players below veterans with no way to grind their way up to those veterans because you'd want ever-more-powerful gear to be released which keeps veterans clearly above new players.

This would be like saying that anyone who went to tennocon gets an exclusive primed weapon that happens to be one of the most powerful in the game. Clearly, because they went to tennocon, they're the most dedicated players, and so deserve something POWERFUL to show off their dedication, right?

But you might notice that tennocon swag was relegated to irl items such as shirts, and cosmetics in-game.

Using login days as a measure of where you stand on the end-gamer scale is a very bad way to go about game progression. If you want a system like that, I can recommend a number of nice idle games which use that system by genre principle.

Yes, i want the item to be worthy of being a 700 login without taking into consideration for all the time we logged in prior to this login system WORTHY. For all the Gallium and Morphics and Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules that i have gotten....i want the reward to be something people say "now THAT id worth playing and logging in for every day to get to that tier".

No matter what, people will complain. Some will complain because they got the 700 item and it is not powerful enough. Others will complain because they just got to day 100/200/400/600 but want the item NOW. There is no pleasing everyone and for those who have been climbing up that login mountain....gett to that 700 pinacle should be worth something. Not a badge or syandana....but something that they can use, fine tune, equip and unleash on the star map, CONCLAVE, and PoE. 

There will always be something that people want that they canno get. I want Umbra. Others cry for Excal P. Some want all the Prime Armors and Stuff they missed out before playing. Some want the in game swag from TennoCon. We will miss out on some things here and there....but the Milestones are there to be gotten just by LOGGING IN. That is it. Everyone can get it if they log in as much as they can and stick with the game. 

Warframe already has the login system for milestones and some players are ahead of others. Some players are just starting and some have given up and moved on to other games. That is life of being a player. It happens in every game. Those milestone rewards are meaningful to those who actually enjoy the game- faults and all the glory intertwined. We would not be here unless there was some enjoyment and hope to see what is next. 

My desire is for something as powerful as the things we get regularly in the game. Nidus, Prime weapons, sundial login weapons, plat....these are just a few of the items that at one point people did not have access to....but then the masses got them. Same will happen with the Milestone logins. Just takes time....

34 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

that's almost two years.

This analogy is false because to get to the tennocon you need to buy a ticket. If they would give out TC exclusive items that would be pay to win.

This game never had and most possibly will never ever gonna have a "best" weapon. Even the meta is full of different weapon types, theres no way DE would create a gun what is the "Best" so lets just stop the what if game.

Keeping your loyalty and still "playing" this game after 700 days should be rewarded properly with some truly unique gun or with a good mod.

But let me ask you what is your real problem with the login reward system?

You dont have the patience to wait for 700 days?

You think that the newbies will care about 3 login exclusive weapons while we have almost 300 weapons already?

I would like to get a sundidal themed sentinel, that would be a cool reward for 700 days.

None of the current login rewards, with the exception of the Zenistar, add to a player's overall power. The primed mods are more utilitarian than anything. At best, these rewards serve niche use, and I think that's how it should be. Reward items are useful in certain situations, but are not mandatory at all.

Is 2 years really that long?  And does the long wait really apply to only the login rewards?   Nope.

There are already so many time-exclusive content. I see nobody complain about them.

If you are reading this and you're a regular WF player, if you missed any of the following, you have been waiting quite a long time. Clearly you are a person with patience since for none of the following have I seen people complain about not having them like the login rewards:

• Furax Wraith - was available only once.  April 2016.   More than a year ago.  Those who missed it are still waiting for a chance to get it.
  • Snipetron - was released only twice. The last time was december 2015. A year and half and still people are waiting for a chance to get it.
  • Machete - had a limited short period where we could buy its blueprint in 2014. Also an Tactical Alert reward in June 2017.  Missed it?  You have been waiting for a REALLY long time.
  • Imperator Vandal - awarded in january 2015 for Operation Eyes of Blight.  Had you missed that, GOOD LUCK getting all the parts from RNG during the Fomorian Sabotage events, which takes several months to refill the event meter. The parts were made tradeable in May last year but demand is higher than the supply due to the horrible RNG so there will be people who simply will not get this gun anytime soon.
  • Gorgon Wraith - event reward in March 2014 and August 2015. Now you have to wait for Razorback Armada event meter to slowly fill back up for months for a chance to get all parts. See Imperator Vandal above, same deal applies here too.
  • Supra Vandal - fairly new. 3 months old. Who knows how many more months/years those who missed it must wait for a chance to get it.
  • Boar - was removed from the market October 2013. (I missed my chance to get it). Re-introduced as a drop October 2015. We waited 2 years to own this gun. Nobody was complaining that entire time.
  • Dex anniversary weapons. You get a limited time window to get them. Miss them because "reasons" wait another year. Or years if you're so unlucky that you keep missing them. This happens easily to people who take long breaks from the game at the wrong time.
  • Ba'ro has LOTS of exclusive MR content and mods. Miss one visit and wait a long time for it to return. Or pay other players through the nose for the items.

Look at that list.  Login rewards are hardly as time-exclusive as people make it out to be. At least you are GUARANTEED to get them because they come to you by reducing a specific number of visits to the game. You can't possibly miss them unlike everything above that required you to be online at very specific dates.
At least several event exclusive weapons have made a return as invasion rewards in parts. Before they implemented this change (when nobody was complaining), there was a big gap of time as well when people who didn't have them were waiting for a chance to own these weapons.

2 years....meh. Time flies by quite fast.