Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lenz too powerful for bow and explosive weapon (unbalance)

korndolorous

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Almost every weapon that doesn't have a delayed blast/explosion after initial impact.  Pretty much everything except the Zakti and Lenz.  :P

well at least it has slow field, unlike new Javlok it has delay without doing anything also consume all ammo force user to reload.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:59 AM, Thundervision said:

(?)Doesn't gain x2 fire rate from Fire Rate mods unlike any other bow.

This is untrue.

• Arsenal listed charge time: 1.2
  • Arsenal charge time with Speed Trigger (+60% fire rate): 0.55
  • Arsenal fire rate: 1.0 -> 2.2
  • 1.2 / (1+(0.6x2)) = 0.5454

Checks out for double effect on bows.

16 hours ago, TacticalImouto said:

I'm getting tired of seeing Lenz in everygame

Gee, it's almost like Lenz is the new hotness, and people who have been playing the game for years have no other new equipment to use. One can almost surmise that when it is no longer new, it may mostly be used by people who already liked using explosives and didn't drop them because of self-damage.

Edited by DreamsmithJane

10 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

This is untrue.

• Arsenal listed charge time: 1.2
  • Arsenal charge time with Speed Trigger (+60% fire rate): 0.55
  • Arsenal fire rate: 1.0 -> 2.2
  • 1.2 / (1+(0.6x2)) = 0.5454

Yep, I was told several times it doesn't affect before I got mine crafted, and even then I'm using the Corrupted mod for 90% RoF, but still forgot to check the numbers before and after posting my message. Ah well, thanks, gonna edit it now before I forgot to again. :crylaugh:

23 hours ago, TacticalImouto said:

Nerf when

I'm getting tired of seeing Lenz in everygame or Lenz with ember WoF in any excavation or surv/defence. It's almost like the tonkor days and anyone saying it's balanced has their head up their bottoms.

And yeah balancing is a thing in coop games simply because they make the content too easy for one or why do u think they nerf things? lmao

has no status? Who cares when u can easily reach orange crits and one hit lvl 125 gunners anyways. And no, u dont need any thought using this weapon because it has huge AOE with a cold proc  and comparing it to euphona prime is just stupid.

It doesn't 1 hit level Level 125. Please stop exaggerating to force your point. It can barely 1 hit level 100s. It doesn't even make a dent against level 150s, eve with a maxed out build. I've seen the 3-4 forma builds. Plus, lvl 125 is not special. I was, if this was 2015, but not anymore. Yes it's a huge upgrade to the likes of the ogris, it challenges the tonkor and secura penta, and it is very effective, but it is NOT more powerful than many other weapons in game. Sure it will take out everything in the star chart, and it may be taking your kills in defense/survival, but that doesn't mean it's overpowered. Star chart mission levels are a joke, and while it is very effective against infested and corpus, it suffers greatly against Grineer because of armor scaling. I can understand if you're frustrated that it makes others do really well in lower level missions while your left sitting on your hands (trust me, I remember the miragulor days very well) all aoe weapons have that effect, but when you actually take that weapon into a mission that it was designed for, which are the 150s to 200s and beyond, you'll see that it has a huge fall off and isn't deserving of a nerf anytime soon.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

It doesn't 1 hit level Level 125. Please stop exaggerating to force your point. It can barely 1 hit level 100s. It doesn't even make a dent against level 150s, eve with a maxed out build. I've seen the 3-4 forma builds. Plus, lvl 125 is not special. I was, if this was 2015, but not anymore. Yes it's a huge upgrade to the likes of the ogris, it challenges the tonkor and secura penta, and it is very effective, but it is NOT more powerful than many other weapons in game. Sure it will take out everything in the star chart, and it may be taking your kills in defense/survival, but that doesn't mean it's overpowered. Star chart mission levels are a joke, and while it is very effective against infested and corpus, it suffers greatly against Grineer because of armor scaling. I can understand if you're frustrated that it makes others do really well in lower level missions while your left sitting on your hands (trust me, I remember the miragulor days very well) all aoe weapons have that effect, but when you actually take that weapon into a mission that it was designed for, which are the 150s to 200s and beyond, you'll see that it has a huge fall off and isn't deserving of a nerf anytime soon.

Stacking CP in higher levels is a thing

And yeah, its not 2015 anymore and lvl 80 is hardly a thing anymore these days. There simply is no point going that far in any mode

3 hours ago, TacticalImouto said:

-Snip-

4x CP (3x CP Coaction Drift) is not how you judge something in game. You'll learn that the more you post on the forums. Yes, it's a thing, but so is avalanche, Seeking Shuriken, Sonic Fracture, and DoT Corrosive Status weapons. That is all simply synergy, like how almost anything in this game works. You're saying that because a certain setup, known for ages to be ridiculously more powerful than just about any other setup, makes a weapon perform well, it should be nerfed? News flash, that's not how game balance works. Judging an aspect of the game because of a certain setup is as goon as it gets, not that I'd expect much more from a forum greenhorn. Same can be said of a team with gas weapons and a saryn, naramon shadowstep excaliburs, or any organized team with specific setups. Also to note, this particular console player has 3+ years in game, 2 endurance run records I've yet to see anybody top, consistent leaderboard toppings, and knows this game like the back of his hand.

On 09/08/2017 at 8:05 AM, TacticalImouto said:

Nerf when

I'm getting tired of seeing Lenz in everygame or Lenz with ember WoF in any excavation or surv/defence. It's almost like the tonkor days and anyone saying it's balanced has their head up their bottoms.

And yeah balancing is a thing in coop games simply because they make the content too easy for one or why do u think they nerf things? lmao

has no status? Who cares when u can easily reach orange crits and one hit lvl 125 gunners anyways. And no, u dont need any thought using this weapon because it has huge AOE with a cold proc  and comparing it to euphona prime is just stupid.

You see them everywhere, maybe because it's a new weapon, and people like to test out new weapons, or at least level them up?

On 09.08.2017 at 7:05 AM, TacticalImouto said:

Nerf when

Oh mang, a new weapon with good stats and fun mechanics? Nerf when?!

Yeah, sorry (not really), but Lenz is actually the only weapon as of right now where I'd call the reward of performance good enough for the risk of instant seppuku.

16 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Gee, it's almost like Lenz is the new hotness, and people who have been playing the game for years have no other new equipment to use. One can almost surmise that when it is no longer new, it may mostly be used by people who already liked using explosives and didn't drop them because of self-damage.

Its soo shocking that a new weapon is used by people, dont ya think?

4 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Yeah, sorry (not really), but Lenz is actually the only weapon as of right now where I'd call the reward of performance good enough for the risk of instant seppuku.

I wish I could give you more upvotes for your excellent use of the word Seppuku in that statement.  That made me smile.  Thank you fellow Tenno.  :D

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

The Lenz goes against every possible reason why the Tonkor was nerfed. Probably a matter of time for Lenz nerf. Good.

How so?  

The Lenz only has ammo capacity of 6.  Has to be fully charged to fire.  Will kill you.  So how does all that go against making the Tonkor have self damage also?

On 8/3/2017 at 2:30 AM, korndolorous said:

This quote is just here to note that i'm referring directly to the OP

Don't forget about the teeny tiny ammo pool, forcing players to be active on the battle field instead of just camping on one spot like the Tonkor allowed,

Don't forget about the HUGE radius that can not only blow you up, but gives you a cold proc first, so even if you do make it out on time, you have a cold proc, which sucks.

Don't forget that even if you don't make it out on time, you have a long second or two of "OOOHHHH FUUUUUUU", where as with the tonkor it's like, "dum, de da da dum, OH GOD WHAT KILLED ME?!"

Don't forget about the long charge time, that's made even longer if you have a cold proc, which i get pretty often using the Lenz

Don't forget that the Lenz is fun to use, and that's what videogames are for.

Did the Tonkor deserve the nerf it got? No, no it didn't, a lot of people really liked that weapon because it was an explosive weapon that didn't do self damage, they could have changed it in other ways, without removing it's gimmick, adding self damage to the tonkor was like removing the bubble from the Lenz, or removing healing from the Hema, they removed the thing that make the Tonkor, the Tonkor, and made it a really boring normal proximity grenade launcher.

Edited by TennoHack

31 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

How so?  

The Lenz only has ammo capacity of 6.  Has to be fully charged to fire.  Will kill you.  So how does all that go against making the Tonkor have self damage also?

Speed Trigger, Ammo Mutation. Easy as pie to avoid AOE because 1: the round goes exactly where you expect it to and 2: you get an entire full second to escape the AOE area. I have 1 catalyst on it and 0 forma. I steal literally everyone's kills with it. It's obviously overpowered. 

The Tonkor used to be fun. You all nerfed it. So now Karma is coming back. The Lenz will get a nerf. UNLESS... you UN-NERF Tonkor then I'll be quiet about the Lenz. 

Side note yeah... Lenz is super fun to play with. But it's a horrible taste in my mouth after what was done to Tonkor. I want justice.

Just now, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Speed Trigger, Ammo Mutation. Easy as pie to avoid AOE because 1: the round goes exactly where you expect it to and 2: you get an entire full second to escape the AOE area. I have 1 catalyst on it and 0 forma. I steal literally everyone's kills with it. It's obviously overpowered. 

The Tonkor used to be fun. You all nerfed it. So now Karma is coming back. The Lenz will get a nerf. UNLESS... you UN-NERF Tonkor then I'll be quiet about the Lenz. 

Side note yeah... Lenz is super fun to play with. But it's a horrible taste in my mouth after what was done to Tonkor. I want justice.

Your forgetting that not everyone is as skilled as you are. Tons of people blow themselves up constantly with the Lenz, have ammo problems, don't use speed trigger because they want the most damage per shot, ect.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Side note yeah... Lenz is super fun to play with. But it's a horrible taste in my mouth after what was done to Tonkor. I want justice

Uhhmmm........uhmmm................That's just stupid.  I tried to think of another way to say that, but there just isn't.  

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

I like to see you try to escape it with a cold Proc. You can only get out if you're already nearing the limit of the blast radius.

You steal everyone's kill with the Lenz? Are you playing only at the Star Chart? 1 second blast delay, charge time to fire, and I've seen a lvl 80 (I think?) heavy gunner survive my full damage build Lenz.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Point blank AoE annihilation is fun to you huh? Pre-nerf Tonkor can just shoot with abandon, and can afford many missed shots. Lenz, if you're not aiming where you shoot you either get downed and/or wasting your precious ammo.

I agree. Either the Lenz needs to be nerfed or the other launchers need to be buffed. I don't care which. 

Actually i care a little. Don't go buffing the simulor. That thing needs to be forgotten, erased from memories. Buff the other launchers or nerf the Lenz. 

Edited by Pixues