Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nice Temp Ban for a Meme

Asclepius00

So I was told by a [DE] that the saying 'Nezha is a Trap.' was a meme, and therefor SighBorg (I think that is the one he referred to.) said that it is okay to say, and that you shouldn't kick for it. Well, today I was just kicked for it, and now I have a temporary ban from Regional chat, thought that was kind of funny, but a little silly at the same time. You cannot say something is okay, then temp ban for it.

Edited by Asclepius00

How do they think Nezha is a trap? He is just designed to look young. He's just on the small side.

How is trap hate speech? It's just a term for when someone looks like one sex, while having the parts of the opposite sex. Or am I getting that mixed up with another term?

3 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

How is trap hate speech? It's just a term for when someone looks like one sex, while having the parts of the opposite sex. Or am I getting that mixed up with another term?

The ones claiming that it's hate speech are the ones that don't know what the F they are talking about, Trap is just that (usually) a boy that looks like a girl (usually) cross-dressing.

It's the same as people that claim video games make people violent or that the internet is melting our brains

Edited by Dwolfknight

2 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

Quoting @[DE]Danielle
From some time ago:

"Trap" is a seriously derogatory term for transgender and/or transsexual individuals. Nezha is male yes, but the beauty of Warframe is that you can interpret the Warframes as whatever you please. There are no strict guidelines or punishment for doing otherwise. So please, be respectful. The moderator identified the insult and appropriately handled the situation. They are not "trigger happy", they are simply protecting the many unique and diverse players in our community that may be insulted by your language.

Respect is important, if you require further information contact http://support.warframe.com 

But what i stated above is most likely what they would tell you.

(In this case no moderator was likely involved -- Just autobooted by bot.)

On a sidenote no one from DE told you that was okay to say.
Because it isn't.

Okay, but I definetly remember a DE talking about how SighBorg said that it was a meme, and therefor okay. So, yeah it's kind of a little S#&$ty.

This whole thing is a big joke.

remember this, when they will ban for the big and for the joke.

This is not bizarre but the standards went too far and stopping us to use world won't solve anything.

Best if you say nothing on the internet you cannot offend peoples with your presence.

Edited by Sziklamester

6 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Apparently, there are people out there saying that the term Trap is Hate speech and Transphobic, to me, it's just BS, but someone probably reported you for just that.

I... think I'm losing my understanding of people now.  How is "Trap" Transphobic?  At worst it could be a buddy letting another know "Hey, this gal is a guy."  aaaand I don't think that's hateful if the person trying to out with someone THINKS he's going out with a gal.  What's worse?  Being honest or Lying?  Tell me.

Just a few words about my previous post: I do not blame DE for such policy. I blame society who finds anything as an insult and inappropriate. It's quite reasonable that they have to take such steps so it won't "hurt" people. Sadly the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" doesn't apply anymore it seems. So it's better to usually avoid such a topics to avoid toxic discussion.

No rage-posting & complaints on the forums, as asked on the Guidelines.

Chat Moderators must sometimes take preventive measures to prevent derailments, toxicity & wrong behaviors.

If you think they're acting abusively, contact [DE]Danielle or the Support in private, with evidence, that's all.

Thank you.

Divine Spears.