The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does No One Like The Karak! :(

ProjectGalaxy

On 8/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, Littleman88 said:

And I'd totally buy rivens for the Karak, if people weren't charging nearly $20-25 for them and I could guarantee somewhat decent rolls without some crippling effect to go with it.  Once saw someone try to sell a Panthera riven for like 650p with admittedly great stat boosts... save for the -102% projectile velocity.  Might as well go looking for a melee riven instead.

At least we'll be able to color our wraiths/vandals soon, which is nice.

I feel you on that regarding the riven prices all over the place lol. Although, if I ever end up getting a Karak Riven again, I'll literally sell it to you for dirt cheap or I'll trade if off for just about any other random Rivens lol. So feel free to add me ingame c;

And you don't know how badly I've been waiting to be able to recolour the Wraith/Vandal series! I don't mind the Vandal's green tint too much (since I mostly use the Ice Pallet) but the Wraiths in particular I don't touch because I'm not a fan of the (edgy?) red and black design lol. Just not my thing ;P

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

End game does :heart: it.  [Karak Wraith]

Get a Karak Riven, roll it for crit dmg, crit chance like mine, and Grofit mother:awe:ker Grofit that milky greed, and that greedy, Grofit milk.

Also get that conclave skin for it.:highfive:

60% of the time, works evertime.:satisfied:

Edited by StabbyTentacles

36 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's a poor man's Soma, that's it.

The weapon has a novelty to it but, it simply lacks the stats to be anything more than a low to mid game weapon.

And its a good Low to Mid game weapon. Not everything needs or should be the end of all High level things.

Because of the stats. It needs more damage or at least a critical or status direction to be sortie viable. You can make it good enough but this takes a lot of time and a riven is necessary for it if you want to use without problems. The magazine capacity is okay the reload is okay, pretty accurate and have low recoil but the major damage is impact which need some tweaks overall to make it useful like know down enemies or stagger them while destroying the armor. Damage wise not terrible and still better than the regular braton which also needs some tweaks like how they did with the lato series. 

Also an augment for karak would be nicely and pretty much this helps enough to be a more better gun.

I love the Karak and would take it to a few missions. With the right build and Riven it can actually be really good-- but buying a Riven is crazy. "oh look! a Riven with Damage and reload speed. I guess I'll get it" and the seller wants 2k for. 2 freaking thousand platinum for a Riven with one good modifier and 0 popularity.

the harak, or as I call it, the Space-AK47, isn't that bad IMO. granted, I use the Wraith version, but there are some decent options for a Status build that keep it decent at lower Sortie levels. the Karak is a very no-nonsense weapon, just a plain old Automatic rifle. it's easy for new players to get the regular version, it's easy to use, and for lower levels it gets the job done. I also like the way it handles. very accurate and low recoil. makes a good firing sound too.

Karak's a charming little rifle IMO, but it really is outclassed by a lot of other rifles. I have a Riven that gives it a LOT more Crit chance and a nice bit of Punchthrough, so mowing down groups on the starchart is even easier with it, and I can get it to proc groups of higher levels with ease. I also love the little wrap that's over the barrel, gives it that rugged look!

I hope Baro brings a Prisma Karak one day, that's crit based.