Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.3.1

[DE]Danielle

Just now, LABAL said:

I must admit, there were moments when I desperately wanted to die faster to aid my team in a critical moment.

Yeah, and I guess that's another factor that makes me some sort of monster: I don't mind failing much. Failure--or being on the verge of failure--is frustrating, but it's also valuable.

You're forced to take a step back and ask, "How am I going to do this better? Did I bring the wrong frame to carry this group of pugs? Should I be running with pugs at all? Would taking a different path through the tile allow me to avoid fire and pick off targets? Or... maybe handicapping myself with the grinlok was inappropriate for this particular situation."

Adapting to failing situations in this game and pulling out something new, fun, and successful feels good. Reducing chances to fail leaves fewer chances to seek something new.

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Javlok alt fire changes: 

• AOE explosion happens 1 second after impact. 
  • Consumes ammo and AOE damage is increased by 20% per round in mag when thrown.
  • Explosion FX updated to better reflect the AOE range.
  • Ammo pool reduced to 300.

so, basically, dont know the javlok anymore?

i just mentioned this in my Clan's Discord (well our WF Only Discord anyway) (and excuse my habbit of mixxing the terms "Squad and Party"  i often play FFXIV when i'm not on Warframe.)

yea there's the merit to Quick Revive in some common cases

1: your in an survival or say an Exterm Sortie when you went down in a crowded room/hallway full of "Corpse campers" this lets you revive right away without risking squadmates from joining the Dirt nap party.

2: your a rusher or in reverse your squads a bunch of rushers, and your downed too far from everyone, this gets you back in action w/o having to slow the flow or dynamic of things down or put people at risk of a mission failure (Captures and the targets already on the fast scoot outta there.)

3: situations of Exterm/survival/etc Mission types in sorties or extremely high level (events) where theres an crap load of Eximus enemies that screams "WALK NEAR ME YOUR DEAD BUDDO" (i had this w/ a Eximi Stronghold grineer sortie some time back  cramped hallway of grineer frost and arson Eximi you go in there you walk slower than a frost on an icetrap with a hobbled key @_@ it was stupid ludicrous ) This is sorta like the first situation. in this scenario you can get up and gtfo out

4: your Companion or sentinel is dead and your downing yourself intentionally to get them back (in examples your in a survival and your Chesa or sentinel with vacuum bites it and/or the Squad's Nekros/Hydroid Loot monkey)and you have squadmates that wont listen and revive you anyway.  if you quick-revive before they get to you. BLAM! you got it back!

now here's the big downside to this.

general public "pubscrubs" players are going to stop reviving anyone regardless if its easy or possible without endangering the flow , dynamic, mission, or themselves

these people who make you wonder why they play in public mode already have a somewhat high tendency to say "F*** this SH** i'm out!" by either leaving squad or leaving you to die. even if you die right in-front of them by the "Working as intended" Ogris, Tonkor, and now the Lenz (or any Weapon w/ a self harming potential) you or your squad arent going down because of the enemies you "whoops"d yourself because companion in the way, they ran by at the wrong time or other factor

down to your last revive? "Your fault" 3rd sortie Survival, interception or Excavation? "Every man for em selves", Half a room away from em? "Well shouldn't of died now then!" basically if the mission has the smallest chance to fail this change will start a chain reaction of people not reviving, people getting mad you went back for them and this is only going to intensify in Raids and "We're bored and/or drunk so here's a stupid high 200+lv tact for XXXX Item!" event (yes i'm STILL salty over the Astral twilight event and am also making a reference to the troll Gift of the lotus  where it was for a blue 'tater it was full of LV50+ scorches and napalms)

so Please dont completely revert this and im not saying "Get Rid of it!"  this has alot of merits and this is something we needed for along while, as the non-solo only instant revive happens if everyone's down and your last man standing, i am only stating my concerns with this change!

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The quick revive option is also available to you in Solo missions if you have a Sentinel equipped with the “Sacrifice” mod! 

Oh good, 'cause I failed a mission the other day for lack of this. I was doing a Lua Sortie Rescue, and I went down while in the holding area and attempting to get the right portal. My Sentinel started to revive me, then got killed. So I had to wait there to finish bleeding out while the hostage was about to be executed.
Actually the Sentinel dying mid-revive is probably something you should look at too.

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You can now charge throw the Orvius while in dual wield mode to trigger the same special function when throwing while channeling. Teshin would be proud.

DEAR GOD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Everyone said:

Overall, this is a fairly hefty nerf to the javlok.

Despite the increased damage, and better telegraphing of the explosion, it ruins the dynamic of using the alt-fire and makes it much harder to hit enemies. Before, you would throw weapon > run to pick up weapon > equip weapon >repeat.

Now it's throw weapon > wait one second  > explosion > run to pick up weapon > reload > repeat. The one second wait severely ruins warframe's high speed pace, causing unnecessary inactivity which could be better used moving, killing enemies or anything else.

In addition, the one second delay combined with Javlok's relatively low area of effect means that most enemies can casually walk out of the area before detonation, making it much harder to hit moving enemies. On top of that, the Javlok previously had a very satisfying charge up sound followed by an explosion. With the delay, it sounds considerably weaker as the explosion seems disconnected to the action of throwing the weapon.

In conclusion, the higher damage does not make up for not being able to hit enemies reliably and the much longer throwing process.

How can this be fixed?

Aside from simply reverting the changes, the javlok could retain its sound and functionality by having a two-part explosion like Lenz: an aoe blast proc knocking enemies down, followed by a damaging explosion. This way, you could still damage enemies you aim at while telegraphing explosions to avoid. Reducing the delay to 0.5 or 0.3 seconds would also help considerably, while still giving a chance to escape if you happen to throw Javlok too close to yourself.

Agree. So much Agree. You fixed my problem with tenora but ruined my beloved javlok! why? did anybody asked for this? it wasn't even that OP! it wasn't a Tonkor, why ruin it for us? D:

I don't want Javlok throws to use ammo or force me to reload all the time. I see no reason I should ever use Javlok instead of Zarr now.

Don't get me wrong, having a weapon that consumes the whole mag for a more powerful explosion is an interesting mechanic. Just...put it on a brand new weapon and leave my Javlok alone. The only thing I wanted for Javlok is to be able to throw it when its magazine is empty.

"you can now charge throw Orvius" ... OK. but HOW exactly?

I have yet to find out HOW to acomplish charged throw with Orvius and Knell dual wielding.

Holding E key does the throw, but doesnt charge it.

Holding the key for regular melee charge does nothing in dual wield mode. Not by itself nor held down with quick melee attack.

Alternate fire does nothing to this form of dual wileding either.

So... How exactly do we pull a charged throw on orvious off when dual wielding?

33 minutes ago, finnishcoffee said:

"you can now charge throw Orvius" ... OK. but HOW exactly?

I have yet to find out HOW to acomplish charged throw with Orvius and Knell dual wielding.

Holding E key does the throw, but doesnt charge it.

Holding the key for regular melee charge does nothing in dual wield mode. Not by itself nor held down with quick melee attack.

Alternate fire does nothing to this form of dual wileding either.

So... How exactly do we pull a charged throw on orvious off when dual wielding?

You have to time the release of the melee charge before the reticle turns blue. This gives some kind of bonus to all Glaives (generally an extra meter of punch through plus double damage on the throw).

Edited by KirukaChan

1 minute ago, KirukaChan said:

You have to time the release of the melee charge when the reticle turns blue. This gives some kind of bonus to all Glaives (generally an extra meter of punch through plus double damage on the throw).

So I do need to hold the melee charge while using quick melee attack to initiate the throw itself. And when reticle turns blue, release melee charge?
Will try that. Thanks you. (Some times DE's actually forget to tell us how to do new cool stuff - this isnt the first time. LOL )

30 minutes ago, finnishcoffee said:

So I do need to hold the melee charge while using quick melee attack to initiate the throw itself. And when reticle turns blue, release melee charge?
Will try that. Thanks you. (Some times DE's actually forget to tell us how to do new cool stuff - this isnt the first time. LOL )

You should see the reticle change shape (to a Glaive-like shape) as well, indicating the start of the window to get that throw bonus.

Thank you so much DE for the quick revive! It's already saved me several minutes of waiting when there was no chance of being saved. As to how I got stuck in those situations is my own fault, but thanks for making them so much less punishing.