The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

Chiming in as well our clan just tried it 4 times. First attempt Corpus head stopped opening. Attempt 2 we killed it fast enough in phase 1 and in phase 2 it did not bug. Attempt 3 Corpus head stopped opening pretty quickly. Attempt 4 we killed the Corpus head quickly but in phase 2 it only opened a couple of time before it stopped opening at all.

My Friends told me he beat lephantis on the derelict challenges to get patient zero mission but when I do it, one of the lephantis didn't open it darn mouth just to die it like it became smart and have me a mission failed and that really annoy me when it do it repeatedly and i ain't the only one, so please tell me why it doing that for ?

Edited by (PS4)GaurdianNephilim

Because spaghetti code.

If you zoom aim in the corpus head it bugs and does not open.
If you aim glide, it bugs.
If you use your focus it may bug.

Bug, bug, bug.

It was addressed during the last prime time, hence why we don't have Lephantis sortie, but god forbid if you want to farm normal nekros, the stance or the junction. 

PS: You can kill him but it takes nerves.

I've experienced the head not opening on a number of occasions, but it usually works if I look away for a couple of seconds, like turn the camera 180 degrees for a bit. It doesn't always work, but despite being quite familiar with this issue, I've always been able to complete the mission, sorties or otherwise.

edit: I do it solo, don't know if it would have any effect in a group.

Edited by Thargoid

I'm trying to farm nekros, but I noticed the lephantis boss is becoming imortall after second phase the first phase too but for this to happen you have to kill the other heads first, The Ancient corpus one  it wont open it's mouth and on the second phase it wont die at all how it willl going to be you guys are having this problem too ?

17 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Because spaghetti code.

If you zoom aim in the corpus head it bugs and does not open.
If you aim glide, it bugs.
If you use your focus it may bug.

Bug, bug, bug.

It was addressed during the last prime time, hence why we don't have Lephantis sortie, but god forbid if you want to farm normal nekros, the stance or the junction. 

PS: You can kill him but it takes nerves.

So you are saying don't use any of the following that create bug during the derelict mission which that gave a disadvantage cause I'm playing trinity prime with javlok a fire launchers weapon that need to be aim 

15 hours ago, Thargoid said:

I've experienced the head not opening on a number of occasions, but it usually works if I look away for a couple of seconds, like turn the camera 180 degrees for a bit. It doesn't always work, but despite being quite familiar with this issue, I've always been able to complete the mission, sorties or otherwise.

edit: I do it solo, don't know if it would have any effect in a group.

The derelict missions is a solo mission which I have to kill it by myself 

9 hours ago, Nowe999 said:

Is everyone making sure the little infested spawners the corpus head throws are destroyed? I've run into it where the Corpus head won't open if there is at least one of the growths he spits out is on the map.

I check from round 1 to round 2 for that cause yes I thought of that as well when I left the one with the scythe alone before I kill it

Edited by (PS4)GaurdianNephilim

Still Lephantis wont open one of his heads during the boss fight. I have had 4 runs and this bug has occurred during 3 of these runs.
Considering that he is a requirement for one of the solar relays i would think this bug should have a fairly high priority, never mind the time wasted this actually halts progress in the game.

Still Lephantis wont open one of his heads during the boss fight. I have had 4 runs and this bug has occurred during 3 of these runs.
Considering that he is a requirement for one of the solar relays i would think this bug should have a fairly high priority, never mind the time wasted this actually halts progress in the game.

1 minute ago, Rockburnz said:

Okay, now I'm pissed!! :angry::angry:

I was on my 5th attempt with Lephantis not opening his head. On the prior 4, I just left the missions, but this time I waited because one comment above mentioned Lephantis started working after waiting.  Welp, some mission timer I was not aware of expired, and I failed the mission, consuming the Oroking Derelict Key I just spent 10p on to rush (1hr wait)!

Losing 10p over some bug in the game is completely unacceptable.  Does anyone know how I petition DE to credit me the ODA key and 10p I lost from this bug?

I mean, you could send a support ticket. But, I think the fact that this is a known issue, and you stated you knew this, you might not have much luck. When they fix the issue, they might run a script to refund wasted keys (they sometimes do with this kind of thing).

Why spend plat to rush a key, when you know the mission isn't working correctly?

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I mean, you could send a support ticket. But, I think the fact that this is a known issue, and you stated you knew this, you might not have much luck. When they fix the issue, they might run a script to refund wasted keys (they sometimes do with this kind of thing).

Why spend plat to rush a key, when you know the mission isn't working correctly?

It's odd... I had no key after failing, logged out, and back in, for another reason, now it shows I have a key.  Not sure what's going on.  Edited my post.

BTW, I was not aware of the mission not working when I rushed the key.  Had I know, def wouldn't have rushed it.

Edited by Rockburnz

3 hours ago, TasteVengence said:

funny because i was killing lephantis two days ago for !@#$s and giggles never had this bug once in 3 runs,i dont know how common it is though so...

It's pretty common, especially in the last few weeks. Just have a look at the 7 pages long lephantis thread in bug subforum. I went there 4 times and 4 times bugged, so I'm still stuck at this eris junction requirement. Nidus has to wait :(

It opens its head a few times and then it stops doing so. It seems to work if you can kill him really fast, before he stops opening its head.

Edited by Naaya

On 9/8/2017 at 9:39 AM, blackheartstar_pc said:

Give it time it will eventually open. Just may take 45 minutes or more. Very annoying glitch. Please fix.

How do you give it time??? There is a mission timer on the assassination and it just times out after a few minutes! If there is a way, i would appreciate knowing.