The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid taking damage in Undertow [Fixed]

-Shikari-

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey guys! 

I merged all related threads here. If you have any more information on the bug, please share it here. Be as detailed as possible so that we continue our attempts to reproduce. 

Thanks!

Hey -Shikari-! 

Are you saying that you can receive damage and die while in Undertow? If so, could you please give more detailed information on the situation when it occurred. What mission were you playing, what enemies were around you when you died, what did you do before this occurred, etc.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey -Shikari-! 

Are you saying that you can receive damage and die while in Undertow? If so, could you please give more detailed information on the situation when it occurred. What mission were you playing, what enemies were around you when you died, what did you do before this occurred, etc.

Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply! 
Was during my leveling on Hydron, I think it was the Nox toxin? I think even the grenades got through to me eventually. 

Partway through the mission I noticed Hydroid was taking damage and going down while in Undertow. It was an interception relic mission in the void, and I only noticed it happening after being attacked by Corrupted Vor, who first attacked and downed me in Undertow. At this point, it was also not showing the invincible status on my health bar, and enemies were actively trying to shoot at me in Undertow. With some small testing done in a mission shortly after, i noticed that when activating Undertow, the invincible status would appear, and enemies would not fire at me.
I took some screenshots showing being shot at and damage being taken in Undertow. I do hope this helps!

XSLzwNc.jpg
CN3Wg3z.jpg
fLiaIU3.jpg
Fl2w3cX.jpg

I had the host leave and the new host said i was just standing around getting shot while i, on my screen was in my puddle pulling in enemies. My health bar which is usually greyed out (to show invincibility) was the regular health bar (Blue and Red) and enemy units still shot at me.

This happened both in today's sortie and while doing Brehena Sedna. Thinking its a host client issue.

Got this bug recently when public-matching in Hieracon. Unable to reproduce in Simulacrum, it does seem like a client issue.

• Undertow invulnerability was suddenly removed, causing Tempest Barrage to continuously knock mini-Hydroid down, apply Corroding Barrage Corrosive procs on myself, and damaging me.
  • Infested enemies with an Ancient Healer nearby could move while submerged inside my puddle, and attack me doing damage and knock back.
  • When Tidal Surging with Undertow active, the invulnerability will be removed the moment Tidal Surge ends (Tidal Surge can still give me invulnerability when I'm using it).

Also another bug to note: as host and client (happens in Simulacrum), when activating and deactivating Undertow, my own Tempest Barrage can deal damage and apply Corrosive proc from Corroding Barrage to me during that brief 1 second window when going from vulnerable to invulnerable (and vice versa).

Edit: @[DE]Danielle Ok, I've managed to reproduce it. As client, use Tidal Surge during Undertow once, it seems the invulnerability (for Undertow) is being turned off by Tidal Surge as it ends. Somehow the game then thinks Tempest Barrage looks at the owner Hydroid (with Undertow activated) as an enemy allowing it to damage and proc.

Oddly enough, as client, Tidal Surge doesn't drain energy from using surge while in Undertow, but as host the bug happens. Although y'all already have a fix for that for the next hotfix.

Edited by PsiWarp

It seems to be a horrible client/host de-sync, where others don't see you as being in undertow when you are, but can be fixed by dying, and respawning. Unfortunately respawning and using undertow again can cause host migration to happen, which can/will result in the partial if not complete loss of your squadmates.  :clem:

Edited by WaffleMcfrenchington

So me and my friends are playing as hydroid, however whenever me and them go into undertow, enemies are still able to shoot us, knock us down, knock us back, etc, even allies can see us just standing there with a puddle around like we wet ourselves. My friend said you didn't like screenshots so i don't have any at the moment. please fix?

Edited by ZonomaiT
bad title.

12 hours ago, BartMag said:

You can damage yourself and die while in undertow with tempest barrage.

tested it multiple times.

You can see a mini version of hydroid in the puddle when its happening.

I can verify.  I actually screenshotted a mini-Hydroid on PS4 wondering how it would affect mechanics; think mini-Titania in a puddle.

10 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Edit: @[DE]Danielle Ok, I've managed to reproduce it. As client, use Tidal Surge during Undertow once, it seems the invulnerability (for Undertow) is being turned off by Tidal Surge as it ends. Somehow the game then thinks Tempest Barrage looks at the owner Hydroid (with Undertow activated) as an enemy allowing it to damage and proc.

That's a good start, but we're still unable to reproduce. Was there anything else that happened during that time that might have rendered you vulnerable to damage? Did host migration happen before you Tidal Surged + Undertowed, did it happen after? 

1. No invincibility while in undertow

2. Possibility to kill myself while in undertow by using tempest barrage

3. Being aimed by enemies while in undertow

4. being damaged by enemies in undertow

Edited by Baterial