The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Personally Want De To Give Beta Testers Upon Release?

BlazenFury

Maybe a badge you can wear on your Tenno. Like the Clan Emblem but a specific image. They could get away with giving out a few of them in my opinion.

Closed Beta Testers.

Open Beta Testers.

Then Four emblems that match each Founder symbol. 

It'd be neat. I mean since DE is doing emblems now I figure they might as well. It is pretty typical for most games to do something like this and I figure the players would like it.

That's a neat idea. They could make it that this badge is worn on the other shoulder of your frame, and on the other side of your sentinel :D.

I agree that sounds a bit weird. I guess he wants to ability to pick a Frame of choice then get it converted to a Vandal version (like the weapons).

I guess that could be something like higher base Shield/Health, higher base armor or more base Movement speed.

A Vandal theme would be nice shared around all warframes with a special tidbit of lore in the description like: "Warpaint of the Vandal Tenno clan, the first to awaken from cryostasis."

This was done in Hawken where closed beta and ope beta got special ( But pretty ugly skins ) camos for all mechs.

The holo badge Idea seems preety cool too, it could be used for clan emblems and for achievments in game aswell.

As for stats I think the beta skins should offer only cosmetic changes so it will be fair for new players, god knows we have plenty of exclusive stuff already.

Maybe special scarf? Or...

Wait a minute...

PART OF HOLOGRAPHIC ARMOR!

Like in Global Agenda. It can be arm, sholders, something on helmet, wings maybe! Purely aesthetic of course!

holoarmor.png

But we'll probably get some Skana Vandal... *sigh*

holographic armor!?! Yeah right xD, they could easily make a load of money selling something like this on the marketplace. It's nothing they would ever develop and give for free to people who played the game free.

Something that doesn't affect gameplay would be my vote. Balance all around. Maybe give beta players some emotes for lols, or release a new "Beta colour range" so you can distinguish the veteran players.

I'd like that, sort of how Hawken has the Alpha and Beta mech camouflage schemes for players who participated in the alpha/closed beta.

Dota 2 gave a Bloodstone, that's so far useless, but is still pretty cool. 

Personally, i want an Emblem with an effect, like +affinity per kill or something. maybe even a new Vandal/Prime like the ones people from Closed Beta received(can we has Kogake Prime?). 

You already get vandals, something people who play the game at release will never get. Thats enough....

Open Beta isn't really THAT big of a deal, I think. I personally wouldn't want anything, other than for them to continue keeping up with the game and the community after release.

If they WERE going to give something, I would be happy with something aesthetic.

You already get vandals, something people who play the game at release will never get. Thats enough....

Those are event weapons not something for being in beta. If that was the case I would have the current vandals by now for taking part in beta and not taking part in events..

I don't even have any vandals so yeah.

Edited by Palkora

How about...nothing? Are you all really this entitled to believe you deserve something for finding Warframe on Steam and pressing "Play Now"?

As for us Closed Beta testers, we already got out "exclusive" stuff. Frankly there's no reason nor need to be given anything else for free.

Those are event weapons not something for being in beta. If that was the case I would have the current vandals by now for taking part in beta and not taking part in events..

Lato and Braton vandals. Those weren't part of any event. Lato Vandal was given to every closed beta tester as a thank you (if I remember correctly) and Braton Vandal was on sale for a limited of time in the marketplace for 1 credit during an open beta weekend.

Also, Beta players were able to obtain both classic unsaturated colors and saturated colors.

Easter colors were on sale for 1 credit as well during closed beta.

We don't need anymore free stuff.

Edited by SoulEchelon

well, you see. You are not part of the beta long enough. Thats the problem.

CBT players got the braton vandal and the lato vandal.

OBT player have the chance to get all the vandals that appear during open beta. Full release players dont get any of those. So well. There is a reward for being beta player.

Edited by Venarge

How about...nothing? Are you all really this entitled to believe you deserve something for finding Warframe on Steam and pressing "Play Now"?

As for us Closed Beta testers, we already got out "exclusive" stuff. Frankly there's no reason nor need to be given anything else for free.

Lato and Braton vandals. Those weren't part of any event. Lato Vandal was given to every closed beta tester as a thank you (if I remember correctly) and Braton Vandal was on sale for a limited of time in the marketplace for 1 credit during an open beta weekend.

Also, Beta players were able to obtain both classic unsaturated colors and saturated colors.

Easter colors were on sale for 1 credit as well during closed beta.

We don't need anymore free stuff.

I wasnt on closed beta and i got easter colors and payed 1 cred, im pretty sure game was on OBT before easter

well, you see. You are not part of the beta long enough. Thats the problem.

CBT players got the braton vandal and the lato vandal.

OBT player have the chance to get all the vandals that appear during open beta. Full release players dont get any of those. So well. There is a reward for being beta player.

Not all closed beta players got the braton vandal, I had been in the closed beta for a pretty good amount of time but wasnt able to get on during the open beta weekend so I ended up missing any chance at ever getting the weapon, I was sad for a little but just decided to let it go, no point in getting too upset about a weapon in an awesome game where you can find better weapons.

But yea the snipetron vandal and any others they release will definitely be exclusive to OBT players

I think a neat, exclusive gun would be a cool reward. Maybe they could make it an improved revamp of one of the earlier guns they removed. It could be powerful, but sort of niche, like a sniper rifle or something. Oh and it could come with a Catalyst in it already! That would be cool.

Oh here's one: A cosmetic lotus helmet for all frames. I'd be down on that.

I like that... but isn't the Stalker's head a lotus helmet? which would also be equally awesome...

Well DE could give us a Dark Sector skin for each of the warframes which may sound weird... but would be cool to be all metallic and more organic then what we have now suddenly...

or DE could give us all free T-shirts...

I like that... but isn't the Stalker's head a lotus helmet? which would also be equally awesome...

Well DE could give us a Dark Sector skin for each of the warframes which may sound weird... but would be cool to be all metallic and more organic then what we have now suddenly...

or DE could give us all free T-shirts...

Giving what's supposedly reported to be up to 2,000,000 players (granted a huge amount of them are surely peeked in, and left to return later or extreme casuals playing 1 hour a week or something.) T-shirts for everyone would certainly be .. expensive.. extremely expensive <.< and for a Dark Sector skin: be cool, provided it was to work with every frame in a cool way, which goes back toward that's alot of work. Not saying they can't or shouldn't, it's a cool idea: it's just alot of effort.

>:3 I still am demanding a exclusive walk animation similar to dead space holding weapons and two weaponless walks one for male one for female:  with toggle key though, and that's not exactly a -walk- in the park where they just begin rehashing old stuff either so neh :D