Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

17 hours ago, SolidBeast said:

It amazes me that after all this time, some players still haven't caught on to the fact that DE embraces imperfections and deformities in their designs. In fact, they actively seek to add them in. The game has been built on unconventional, strange, and polarizing designs for years. It's part of its identity, and as such, this skin is part of Ember's identity as well. No one's subjective taste is going to seem "valid" here. There are people who like it, although I am not one of them - but maybe it will grow on me. Their impressions are no less important than any of the people "demanding justice for Ember" in this thread.

sure, unconventional is nice. WITHIN REASON. because after all. as a company, they need our money to survive. they should want to cater to most for financial reasons without ditching too much of their artistic integrity. in this case, they are currently failing both of those in consideration of this skin.

also its pretty disheartening to have a line of bad &#! skins, show us the art for the ember version of this line, and then just go
"HAHA NVM, YOU GET THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL DRAWING MY NEPHEW DID"
the least they could do, is release this skin, and THEN never use any of ignus' designs..
they gave us something to cling on, we all had an idea. waited very patiently, and got something that (even though this is "subjective") is arguably very inferior.

Not gonna lie but the skin literally looks like it was done a hour by throwing random stuff together. not wasting my money on that thing. I was excited to waste my money on the other deluxe skin but totally not on this thing. thou the mag skin is lovely so wasting my money on that.

Edited by Litifth

On 10/16/2017 at 7:54 PM, IgnusDei said:

Actually, I was going more of a cooling lava flow look with the dark parts, but the idea of making Ember a walking armored furnace came up. Thought that would make it look too dark souls, though.

Stumbled upon this thread looking for info about the Ember Deluxe situation.

So has your molten/porcelain Ember skin finally been laid to rest? Is there no chance whatsoever DE would consider it as an Ember Deluxe or Deluxe Tennogen skin?
It seems to me like a fan/user outpouring might get there attention and let them know the majority far prefers your design/edited design.

I'd appreciate any reply from the guy behind 90% of all the best skins in this game.

1 hour ago, Johza said:

Stumbled upon this thread looking for info about the Ember Deluxe situation.

So has your molten/porcelain Ember skin finally been laid to rest? Is there no chance whatsoever DE would consider it as an Ember Deluxe or Deluxe Tennogen skin?
It seems to me like a fan/user outpouring might get there attention and let them know the majority far prefers your design/edited design.

I'd appreciate any reply from the guy behind 90% of all the best skins in this game.

I sure do hope that this could get some looking into, because it seems like a majority do not like what they currently have in store for ember's skin. Sure opinions and tastes are subjective, but when enough of the majority like that subjective thing, that thing in a way it sort of becomes "good" while sometimes it might technically have objective problems, most people will still like it. It's like a movie for example, when enough critics and viewers like a film, it tends to be considered on a whole that the movie is good. While said movie can have some objective flaws, normally the pros outweigh the cons.

The market follows trends, even if a few people dislike something, if more people like it than not , the market will cater to the majority.  While this is just a thread with a handful of players speaking out their distaste for the skin and does not account for the entire player base, from what I gather most people preferred IgnusDei's concept for Ember's deluxe skin, especially with so many responses how hot this topic has become.

Funny thing is I don't even play ember or am particularly a huge fan of her and yet I created a whole thread about it , which led to others creating their own, in reaction to the new skin.  It shows that even if you are indifferent to something you can still care about how that thing is handled. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I guess this shows how much passion and love for DE's game we the players and fans have.  It's normally the things you love the most that you criticise the most, because in doing so we seek to make a good thing great  

This is why I cannot understand the mindset of blindly praising something regardless of faults and flaws and that anyone who dares speak out against it is considered bad and awful, you can still enjoy something while still criticizing it at the same time. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

3 hours ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

Oh wow the dislike ratio is even greater than I imagined, glad I'm not part of the few. Normally on devstream stuff players always kiss DE's arse

Edited by Sonicbullitt

7 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

I sure do hope that this could get some looking into, because it seems like a majority do not like what they currently have in store for ember's skin. Sure opinions and tastes are subjective, but when enough of the majority like that subjective thing, that thing in a way it sort of becomes "good" while sometimes it might technically have objective problems, most people will still like it. It's like a movie for example, when enough critics and viewers like a film, it tends to be considered on a whole that the movie is good. While said movie can have some objective flaws, normally the pros outweigh the cons.

The market follows trends, even if a few people dislike something, if more people like it than not , the market will cater to the majority.  While this is just a thread with a handful of players speaking out their distaste for the skin and does not account for the entire player base, from what I gather most people preferred IgnusDei's concept for Ember's deluxe skin, especially with so many responses how hot this topic has become.

Funny thing is I don't even play ember or am particularly a huge fan of her and yet I created a whole thread about it , which led to others creating their own, in reaction to the new skin.  It shows that even if you are indifferent to something you can still care about how that thing is handled. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I guess this shows how much passion and love for DE's game we the players and fans have.  It's normally the things you love the most that you criticise the most, because in doing so we seek to make a good thing great  

This is why I cannot understand the mindset of blindly praising something regardless of faults and flaws and that anyone who dares speak out against it is considered bad and awful, you can still enjoy something while still criticizing it at the same time. 

money aside, i honestly feel lied to.
for something i waited very very patiently for.

Hardly DE changes anything in the future content once its already in 3D model but i hope they realise that this skin will be a flop and barely anyone will buy this skin.

Will they make the Ignus Dei version with his demands? 100% No, sadly Ignus wont come back and that hawt skin is all but gone.

Oh yeah, this is not a boycot for the the new skin cuz i have nothing against the the desing or the artis (he barely has any fault on that one).

The punk ember, in simple words, simply dosen't work. Its either a new one from scratch or dust on top of the ember skin.

So here are my two cents on the newer Ember Deluxe skin.

It's technically not bad.

I mean the individual parts are good - the clawed red gloves look cool, the crest has a repeating pattern that's kind of pleasing to the eye, the shoulders look high tech, and the colors contrast nicely with each other.

Problem is, the parts don't quite belong with one another. In fact, as some people already pointed out, each part looked like it was borrowed from another warframe design. Thus, when put together they don't form a cohesive whole that says 'Woman of fire', or add up to a sum greater than the parts. Like Nova Asuri before it, Ember Deluxe looks like the end result of a design-by-committee process.

The best feedback we can really give in the end, is not buying skins we don't like.

Still, the petition isn't a bad idea by my thinking.

The deluxe skin they're rolling out just seems uninspired; it appears very similar to Mesa's standard mesh in many respects, and the 'mandatory' inclusion of a mohawk for Ember is just beating a dead horse at this point. While the Nova deluxe skin wasn't very popular, I can still respect that DE at least went in a different direction than what had already been established for Nova...
This new Ember skin is trying to play things too safe. It looks too much like her regular skin, at least as far as the helmet goes, every ember helmet DE's made has this mohawk thing going on.

IgnusDei's concept had a duality of personality that would have lent a different style and subtle mindset to its players, the current skin as it stands, just seems to evoke noise, brashness, and 'punk' attitude for its own sake rather than striving for any actual depth of character.

In a nutshell, the current Ember deluxe skin is a disappointment. Not just because it isn't visually appealing, but because it doesn't try anything new. Which makes it worse than the deluxe Nova skin.

To be clear, I don't think that the skin chosen by DE is bad, but I would not have made it the definitive Ember Deluxe skin... not the first one anyway.
I hope eventually, that TennoGen will eventually open the possibility of creating meshes for an entire warframe and not just the helmets and a re-skin; I'm sure then that we would be guaranteed an IgnusDei Ember quality/style skin for each warframe then.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

As much as I don't like the concept I don't think petition will work (like Nova Tennis Deluxe). The best option is stick to immortal skin or Tennogen (which I despise also) and not paying for the deluxe skin.

we cant quitely let them know anymore to quote steve from a dev stream "we listen to our players". there not hearing us so lets talk louder till they notice enought they cant ignore us 

I think with some tweaking it could could be good. The "phoenix" idea is pretty nice but the look of the current deluxe uses a some shapes that doesn't really show it properly. Also the colors on the render of the Deluxe really don't feel right for a Phoenix\Fire related warframe. Tbh that color is almost exactly my Octavia colors. I am curious about the effects on her. I am thinking she will have some fiery things on the back of the arms

I do like the first IgnusDei design but I think the legal side of it maybe difficult to work out now. 

I am loving Magesty for the "demonic" look though.

2 minutes ago, Hakugami said:

I think with some tweaking it could could be good. The "phoenix" idea is pretty nice but the look of the current deluxe uses a some shapes that doesn't really show it properly. Also the colors on the render of the Deluxe really don't feel right for a Phoenix\Fire related warframe. Tbh that color is almost exactly my Octavia colors. I am curious about the effects on her. I am thinking she will have some fiery things on the back of the arms

I do like the first IgnusDei design but I think the legal side of it maybe difficult to work out now. 

I am loving Magesty for the "demonic" look though.

she has candle flames on her if you look closely. but i think she just looks like a rehash of banshee prime which is similar to zephyr in the whole bird design 
candles on the hips and on her helmet 

Edited by Grimm

TBH the main problem is the Ember Deluxe's helmet. They really have to get rid of the Mowhawk design and make her less of a chickenhead. The body is pretty neutral if they just get rid of the "feathers" on the forearms and near the knees (and adding some PBR metal parts). I mean we have freedom to recolor it with our palettes that we have, after all, and slap on things like Targis Prime armor

Although, of course, Ignus Dei does a better design, even for all my hate of asymmetry (no offence to those that like Asymmetry, but I find it makes it hard to slap on the armor cosmetics I buy for plat). However I'm not super in love with it except for the back and the helmet, with that molten hole and of course really nice helmet.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

she has candle flames on her if you look closely. but i think she just looks like a rehash of banshee prime which is similar to zephyr in the whole bird design 

Ooh those really are candles! Haha. Thought it was lights on the helmets. I also find the parrot look on the front of the mowhawk very odd.

Edited by Hakugami

Just now, Datam4ss said:

TBH the main problem is the Ember Deluxe's helmet. They really have to get rid of the Mowhawk design and make her less of a chickenhead. The body is pretty neutral if they just get rid of the "feathers" on the forearms and near the knees (and adding some PBR metal parts). I mean we have freedom to recolor it with our palettes that we have, after all.

omg it does look like octavia, thinking about it like that without the feather and S#&$ thats all i can see, but yes no more mows 

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

omg it does look like octavia, thinking about it like that without the feather and S#&$ thats all i can see, but yes no more mows 

They frankly can get rid of all the feathery bits on the Deluxe and I dunno, release the Ignus Dei helmet as some standalone. Like I really like the helm but not the body, so purchasing a whole deluxe for just a helmet kinda sucks.