Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More and more bots being sighted no easy way to report them.

Knight_Ex

If DE thinks that I will take time out of my day to take down a name, go to the fourms and submit a report to a possible bot player because they don't have it in the dropdown reporting system they are sorely mistaken, unless they plan on giving the players plat or some kinda reward its not our job to police their player base for them, I can easily give them a hand if there was an in game functionality to report bots but thats not the case.  Mind you more and more bots being sighted is subjective as these are only assumptions from watching their behavior and such, and I understand that a functionality like that in the in game report system might be abused but thats why there should be penalities to abusing it to serve as warnings.

Edited by Knight_Ex

If you think someone is using a bot, you should take a screenshot of them with F6 and attach it to a Support Ticket to report them.

Posting their name(s) in public on the forums is not the way to go about reporting them. And complaining about the presence of bots, saying that DE is doing nothing about the bots, while simultaneously admitting that you do not report them is counter-intuitive and counterproductive. While there are anti-cheating measures incorporated into the game, DE does not have the resources to monitor and review every single player that plays the game (just as they do not have the resources to read every single forum post). DE's ability to catch cheaters (or users who violate the ToS, EULA or community guidelines) relies considerably on players' vigilance and effort to report the behavior when they see it happen (similar to how you should call 911 to alert police to a crime in progress).

I'm also curious to how you know that another user is actually a bot; is it possible that the player is intentionally performing repetitive actions and opting to not speak to you in the chat (assuming you try to engage them through text)? 

I am also interested in what is this criteria for people to be labeled as bots; as I have played quite a bit of Warframe and never run into an actual bot player though I could understand why some might think so in Conclave at times.

Well when someone is doing nothing but spin attacks from one end of the room to another in the same fluid motion I start to wonder, maybe its someone using a macro and then just walking away or something, I know DE isn't against macros in general as long as they don't allow the user to go AFK, and this might be the latter case. And again, that's what Im talking about, we can directly report people for harrassment, RL threats, spam, verbal abuse, but there is nothing on the right click report dropdown for Botting.

28 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

If you think someone is using a bot, you should take a screenshot of them with F6 and attach it to a Support Ticket to report them.

Posting their name(s) in public on the forums is not the way to go about reporting them. And complaining about the presence of bots, saying that DE is doing nothing about the bots, while simultaneously admitting that you do not report them is counter-intuitive and counterproductive. While there are anti-cheating measures incorporated into the game, DE does not have the resources to monitor and review every single player that plays the game (just as they do not have the resources to read every single forum post). DE's ability to catch cheaters (or users who violate the ToS, EULA or community guidelines) relies considerably on players' vigilance and effort to report the behavior when they see it happen (similar to how you should call 911 to alert police to a crime in progress).

I'm also curious to how you know that another user is actually a bot; is it possible that the player is intentionally performing repetitive actions and opting to not speak to you in the chat (assuming you try to engage them through text)? 

I think the main problem he has is that its a pretty big hassle to screenshot or record someones action and then make an entire support ticket to report them. Comparing that to something like Overwatches report system where all you have to do is right click their name and click report.

I know DE doesn't have the man power to investigate every report but nether does blizzard which is why they have a system in place where people are only investigated once they are reported a bunch. A similar system in Warframe could be very helpful.

13 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Wouldn't be hard, when the same person has 3-4 reports on them from different people then they could investigate it.

that can be abused....u get with someone in conflict and u tell u friends to report guy....that is not option

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

that can be abused....u get with someone in conflict and u tell u friends to report guy....that is not option

DE support staff would investigate the situation when someone gets too many reports. So hopefully DE keep chat logs for that kind of thing. And also support staff would be able to discern if a player got a ton of reports in a few minuets and tell if the people that reported them actually played with the person being reported or not. 

If DE made an auto ban system that relied on just the number of reports against a player then yes it could be abused. But hopefully DE would be smart enough to make a better algorithm for banning players other than just number of reports filed. 

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

I doubt people would risk their account in an attempt to troll someone, its not difficult to check the logs and see if your friends have actually played with the person in question and where, if something doesn't add up then as the warning states for doing a false report you would be punished accordingly.

2 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

DE support staff would investigate the situation when someone gets too many reports. So hopefully DE keep chat logs for that kind of thing. And also support staff would be able to discern if a player got a ton of reports in a few minuets and tell if the people that reported them actually played with the person being reported or not. 

If DE made an auto ban system that relied on just the number of reports against a player then yes it could be abused. But hopefully DE would be smart enough to make a better algorithm for banning players other than just number of reports filed. 

yes i was mean of that cz for example.. in world of tanks if u get couple reports they streight up ban player...

5 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

You mean like we did before Parkour 2.0?

Ease up on the snide remarks, if you have nothing constructive to add then keep your trap shut, and for the record, movement before parkour 2.0 wasn't everyone spinning repeatedly, if you actually were there you'd know the distance you covered in one sweep was quite far, what Ive observed are people spin attacking at a rate that is impossible for someone to achieve without a macro, and the movement is follows a pattern, a friend actually told me how to check if they are a bot, drop a support charge in their path and see if they get stuck in the spin animation, similar to people in akkad that were using the boxes to spin attack into to afk farm.

Sounds like your example player then is using macros to automate play even though they might be there. It could be a youtuber for instance or someone with a disability I guess. You can submit a ticket with your evidence (screen captures or video) and support should be able to investigate it and if the user has similar reports. Anyway, thanks for your answer to my question.

I have to add that I have notice a LOT of odd acting players, they afk all mission, when killed they insta-respawn, then move a bit then reply short silly answers. Is either Bots or players are using  multiple accounts at the same time and that's why the odd behaviour.

It's a bit annoying especially in hard missions... 

Edited by 0zryel

Are you sure its a bot. A few times I go asleep during a mission then wake up to find myself in wave 21 as everyone left.. 

Usually when I doze off my fingers are still on the keyboard so I wake up running into a wall.. :facepalm:

Edited by Kusungphak

You can't report bots, because there are no bots.

We know there are no bots, because no one ever report them.

---

Joking aside, there is no option for reporting bots, mutiboxers, cheaters etc in-game because that would be publicly admitting their existence.

Edited by Robolaser

On 8/22/2017 at 10:01 AM, Knight_Ex said:

And example of bots, not sure if I can say whose using it but here is the video

You realize this video counts as name shaming and you got to remove it right? Also, nah, I won't shut up lol. I know what weapon swinging was like before parkour 2.0 kind of why it was brought up, because I was obviously there. The implication of such was clearly right there for ya to read. Catapulting across the map doesnt mean what you are talking about wasnt achieveable back then and was just as smooth. Based on that video, same tactic that has always been there but someone is using a macro. Bot is possible.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

You realize this video counts as name shaming and you got to remove it right? Also, nah, I won't shut up lol. I know what weapon swinging was like before parkour 2.0 kind of why it was brought up, because I was obviously there. The implication of such was clearly right there for ya to read. Catapulting across the map doesnt mean what you are talking about wasnt achieveable back then and was just as smooth. Based on that video, same tactic that has always been there but someone is using a macro. Bot is possible.

That video doesn't show botting.  It shows someone multi-boxing.  Which may be a violation of the ToS we agreed to.  I've seen that being done only a few times while playing.  I left the mission and let the multi-boxer fail.  I'm not going to actively support that type of activity.

On 8/22/2017 at 10:01 AM, Knight_Ex said:

And example of bots, not sure if I can say whose using it but here is the video

1. That's naming and shaming 

2. They are just spamming 4, I don't see an issue there

In conclusion they are probably not bots 

19 hours ago, HunRii said:

That video doesn't show botting.  It shows someone multi-boxing.  Which may be a violation of the ToS we agreed to.  I've seen that being done only a few times while playing.  I left the mission and let the multi-boxer fail.  I'm not going to actively support that type of activity.

I doubt it is a bot myself, but I won't say it isnt possible. It is more than likely just macros set on a loop.