Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More and more bots being sighted no easy way to report them.

Knight_Ex

I encounter some bots, and you can clearly tell the guy is just a repetitive random macro 

It's not like I see those every game, but still totally something you encounter 

17 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I don't know what everybody has against macros. It's a PvE game... who cares if someone takes 0,5 sec less to preform a spin attack.

Cause it's a video game, if you don't want to be active or play the game how it's made, I still don't get why "you" play

Also the game is not full PVE, the PVP part is ruined by macro slash jump and such broken moves to exploit momentum

And again, a simple spin attack macro is not a big deal, but let macros to the player and you'll encounter people abusing it (just create a randomised loop of action and boom, you have an afk farming bot...)

It's nothing healthy, and open way too much doors to exploits. If they want to let player use macros they should create an official option, with proper balance and limitation

Not an easy problem to solve sadly, only reporting them works, but since chat is available at MR0, these bots can just make new accounts.

If it was like trading and you needed gameplay (mr2) then the bots would end pretty quickly as playing the same thing over and over to use regional chat would be a pain for them. I know that gating region chat to mr2 is a bad idea, sometimes you need help starting the game, all i'm saying that is that region chat available from the very start is inviting for bots.

On 20.08.2017 at 6:58 AM, HerpDerpy said:

I think the main problem he has is that its a pretty big hassle to screenshot or record someones action and then make an entire support ticket to report them. Comparing that to something like Overwatches report system where all you have to do is right click their name and click report.

And no one gives two fcs about reports. No one. It takes you throwing like two dozens games on stream and an official tournament game to get actually banned.

And because reports are so easy no one takes them as seriously because it takes nothing to label someone as a hacker just because you lost a game to them while real hackers, trolls and throwers go unpunished for seasons. You're much more likely to get banned or muted for playing an off-meta hero than for actually hacking or throwing or being toxic that's how it works from day 1.

Cause it's a video game, if you don't want to be active or play the game how it's made, I still don't get why "you" play

Because it's a game where you have to grind. It's a game where formas exist and it takes hours after you add one to bring it back to lv 30 especially if it's a warframe and if you will be playing like you normally would without using places like Hydron. Not to mention some frames like Nekros used to be just desecrate bots, good thing at least that is gone.

It's all fun and games until you will go in a relatively long run and start doing slide attacks normally, that sht hurts like hell even after an hour of ameplay. That's in a game that officially encourages long endless runs during events up to 3-4 hours straight and more. Yep right so broken.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

So what Im getting from all this is that DE doesn't care about hackers or people that use cheat tools and there is no point in reporting them? Ok I get it now.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:25 PM, Letter13 said:

If you think someone is using a bot, you should take a screenshot of them with F6 and attach it to a Support Ticket to report them.

Posting their name(s) in public on the forums is not the way to go about reporting them. And complaining about the presence of bots, saying that DE is doing nothing about the bots, while simultaneously admitting that you do not report them is counter-intuitive and counterproductive. While there are anti-cheating measures incorporated into the game, DE does not have the resources to monitor and review every single player that plays the game (just as they do not have the resources to read every single forum post). DE's ability to catch cheaters (or users who violate the ToS, EULA or community guidelines) relies considerably on players' vigilance and effort to report the behavior when they see it happen (similar to how you should call 911 to alert police to a crime in progress).

I'm also curious to how you know that another user is actually a bot; is it possible that the player is intentionally performing repetitive actions and opting to not speak to you in the chat (assuming you try to engage them through text)? 

TL;DR or just looking for [DE]pickaname validation 

Yes, there is bots, yes, theres is macro spammers and multiboxers...but if you dont use the tools at hand, the only person ignoring them is you, not DE.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:46 PM, Knight_Ex said:

Well when someone is doing nothing but spin attacks from one end of the room to another in the same fluid motion I start to wonder, maybe its someone using a macro and then just walking away or something, I know DE isn't against macros in general as long as they don't allow the user to go AFK, and this might be the latter case. And again, that's what Im talking about, we can directly report people for harrassment, RL threats, spam, verbal abuse, but there is nothing on the right click report dropdown for Botting.

That's not a bot. That's just a person doing spin attacks, probably just for the heck of it, or maybe just because they find spin attacks to be fun. Why does it bother you?

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

So what Im getting from all this is that DE doesn't care about hackers or people that use cheat tools and there is no point in reporting them? Ok I get it now.

Nothing you said indicated that the players in question are hacker or are using cheat tools.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

On 2017-08-20 at 1:46 AM, Knight_Ex said:

Well when someone is doing nothing but spin attacks from one end of the room to another in the same fluid motion I start to wonder, maybe its someone using a macro and then just walking away or something.

Just gonna chime in a bit here;

When you have played a LOT of Warframe, you can do spin attacks very rapidly, flawlessly and very smoothly, while still moving about with quite some precision. Yes, without macros. As a sidenote to macros; I've never used macros myself, nor am I sure if I've ever seen someone use macros (except for, most likely, ONE Mirage ult-spammer back in the days when her ulti's blind didn't have LoS-restrictions, who seemed to try to cheese an Interception mission). And I've played this game a looong time...

So, just saying, just because you see people doing repeated slide-attacks with ease doesn't mean that they are using macros.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:53 AM, Kusungphak said:

Are you sure its a bot. A few times I go asleep during a mission then wake up to find myself in wave 21 as everyone left.. 

Usually when I doze off my fingers are still on the keyboard so I wake up running into a wall.. :facepalm:

thats hilarious lol Id probably be pissed at you during that mission...while you're asleep lol

I'd be very careful with peeps in Trade, if I'm honest. I had someone try to DDoS me by tracking the IP address on my account during a trade and attempt to extort me for 1k platinum if I wanted to keep playing without interruption.

Obviously I reported the bastard on PSN and sent visual evidence and made a support ticket about it to Warframe's Support Team. Behavior such as this cannot and should never be tolerated, at all.

Those players whom spamming the platinum sell and advertise a site are all bots because you cannot reply them and they are not reply at all. Other thing is these "users" are non existent when you try to find them. Reporting is not a solution because that not make hard the bot maker's life. DE need a new algorithm which filter players which reached the mr2 and eligible for trade. Those who not reached the mr2 are not eligible for the trade and they have no benefit for the trade tab anyway. Lock it to them then they cannot spam to the trade chat and at least that makes harder to the bot makers the job because they need to manipulate the bots rank which mean more works to them and in the process DE can catch them.

I think this is a good solution to keep clear the trade chat.

Edited by Sziklamester

10 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Those players whom spamming the platinum sell and advertise a site are all bots because you cannot reply them and they are not reply at all. Other thing is these "users" are non existent when you try to find them. Reporting is not a solution because that not make hard the bot maker's life. DE need a new algorithm which filter players which reached the mr2 and eligible for trade. Those who not reached the mr2 are not eligible for the trade and they have no benefit for the trade tab anyway. Lock it to them then they cannot spam to the trade chat and at least that makes harder to the bot makers the job because they need to manipulate the bots rank which mean more works to them and in the process DE can catch them.

A solution to this is simple, make the trade chat MR8 and up to post in it, however you can still see it and be able to IM people you need to trade with, in all honesty you shouldn't need to trade for anything when your below mastery rank 8, there is still much of the game for you to discover at that point.  And this would be a serious hinderance to bot players as getting to MR 8 cannot be done in a few hours.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:25 PM, Letter13 said:

If you think someone is using a bot, you should take a screenshot of them with F6 and attach it to a Support Ticket to report them.

Posting their name(s) in public on the forums is not the way to go about reporting them. And complaining about the presence of bots, saying that DE is doing nothing about the bots, while simultaneously admitting that you do not report them is counter-intuitive and counterproductive. While there are anti-cheating measures incorporated into the game, DE does not have the resources to monitor and review every single player that plays the game (just as they do not have the resources to read every single forum post). DE's ability to catch cheaters (or users who violate the ToS, EULA or community guidelines) relies considerably on players' vigilance and effort to report the behavior when they see it happen (similar to how you should call 911 to alert police to a crime in progress).

I'm also curious to how you know that another user is actually a bot; is it possible that the player is intentionally performing repetitive actions and opting to not speak to you in the chat (assuming you try to engage them through text)? 

not trying to call you out but i feel like this is the issue he was having, he doesn't want to take the time out of his day to do that, he is saying that people should have a dropdown menu for reporting instead of having to EXIT THE GAME

On 8/23/2017 at 0:45 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

1. That's naming and shaming 

2. They are just spamming 4, I don't see an issue there

In conclusion they are probably not bots 

also did he post this? if not they can't really do anything about the "name and shame" there also isn't a definate knowledge of them actually botting so you can't totally say that they are shaming if they aren't doing anything wrong its just a video of people playing a game at that point

23 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

13 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

A solution to this is simple, make the trade chat MR8 and up to post in it, however you can still see it and be able to IM people you need to trade with, in all honesty you shouldn't need to trade for anything when your below mastery rank 8, there is still much of the game for you to discover at that point.  And this would be a serious hinderance to bot players as getting to MR 8 cannot be done in a few hours.

I like both of your ideas because this can at least stop the trade chat spammers. The only problem with the mr8 and below is there are a lot of peoples who needs some help with mods and items so I would like to use the mr2 as a base or up to mr5 then the bot maker needs to reach the mr5 for their spam which hopefully can get rid out them.