Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling?

XxSouLxPoiS0NxX

I have a question.  It seems to me that all weapons have the same channeling stats and channeling mods seem to be pointless, with the exception of Life Strike, Reflex Coil, and Killing Blow.  A lot of mods reduce channeling efficiency, but only one that I know of boosts efficiency (reflex coil) and that's only 60% boost.

When is this going to be updated?  I think it's long overdue, at the very least to have more channel efficiency boost mods.  I think we could upgrade our Scythes with channeling capabilities along with this... this could make Scythes unique again... depending on rework. 

This is my opinion.  What are your thoughts on channeling?

I wouldn't count on any rework or revisit or anything anytime soon to old content, DE has grown bored of it and is gonna keep piling on even more after Plains, even if it finally breaks the game completely. Channeling is a cool concept, but like Focus, armor scaling in endless, enemy abilities, and most frames passives, it's not implemented very well at all. While it is a good trade-off to decrease channeling efficiency and then also have a mod to make it better again, most mods that deal with channeling are just completely useless. And realistically, that's not just channeling mods, there are a variety of other mods that are so weak even at full rank they have no use. For example, when is the last time anyone ran Heat Resistance on any Warframe when you can just put on Rapid Resilience and get an even greater effect? And not Ember either, her passive is borderline useless because even with a max Heat Resistance in higher levels, not even sorties, she just burns to death. And despite everyone mentioning it repeatedly here, nothing's been done about it. Hope DE never reads the comments on the official wiki for some of these mods, the sheer hate and animosity and salt for them never fixing or buffing them would peel their faces more than the Nox, or the Nazis that opened the Ark

The only thing i built for channeling (high efficiency and quickenning) is my CL dagger to diisibtigrate bodies for stealth runs.

Or if i'm running a link trin, since she has no energy issue whatsoever.

Other than that i never channel except to look cool or send some morse codes for sht n giggles

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

fragor prime, furax wraith nad synoid heliocor, the only 3 weapons with more than 50% boosted damage
and every weapon has a 5 energy cost, so i think that if you want to channel is more worth on high damage weapons than in machetes or other fast swinging, low damage melee

Channeling has been kind of abandoned as concept by the devs. At least so far. You never know when they might suddently go back to it and modify or improve it.

Personaly i think it's in dire need of having it's own self regenerating energy pool since few players are willing to waste their allready fragile energy reserve on melee attacks (except as medi-kit via life strike), since energy is much much more important for Warframe powers.

6 hours ago, Othergrunty said:

Channeling has been kind of abandoned as concept by the devs. At least so far. You never know when they might suddently go back to it and modify or improve it.

Personaly i think it's in dire need of having it's own self regenerating energy pool since few players are willing to waste their allready fragile energy reserve on melee attacks (except as medi-kit via life strike), since energy is much much more important for Warframe powers.

hmmm... it's own energy pool... that sounds interesting.

I also think that they could make Scythes heavy users of Channeling and provide extra effects while channeling.  Like possibly temporary power strength increases for your warframe or slightly increased power duration.  Maybe a natural life strike like effect as well.  Possibly adding a Scythe that channels well but uses your health instead of energy. Either way, channeling does need updated.

4 minutes ago, XxSouLxPoiS0NxX said:

hmmm... it's own energy pool... that sounds interesting.

I also think that they could make Scythes heavy users of Channeling and provide extra effects while channeling.  Like possibly temporary power strength increases for your warframe or slightly increased power duration.  Maybe a natural life strike like effect as well.  Possibly adding a Scythe that channels well but uses your health instead of energy. Either way, channeling does need updated.

or add like a 100% slash status proc with channeled attack, like with some stances
or, there's an aura that allows you (and your teammate even if they don't want i think) to use shields instead of energy for channeling and increase status chance and status damage  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Empowered_Blades

nope, mb, it boost charged attacks only, i remembered wrong

Edited by Fiftycentis

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:07 AM, XxSouLxPoiS0NxX said:

It seems to me that all weapons have the same channeling stats and channeling mods seem to be pointless, with the exception of Life Strike, Reflex Coil, and Killing Blow.

Since I removed Life Strike from most of my melee builds, I've been using channeled attacks more now for the increased damage.  Killing Blow and Dispatch Overdrive are my goto channeling mods that fit how I use my melee weapons.  This is all because without Life Strike channeling no longer eats up energy to use.  Thank you Healing Return.  lol