Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Sorry for not posting any updates, I suddenly got ill and work on Loki halted. But, because I'm still capable of holding a wacom pen in my hand, here's some concepts of potential syandanas that I have in mind. (The third and fourth show wing/tendrils open on left and compacted on right)

O8N9P4A.jpg

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

I really, really, really, really hope that you will make an infested Equinox skin at some point. I would LOVE an infested Equinox skin!

Equinox has some strange mechanical shapes, but my mutagenic pustules boil with anticipation for working with her helmets. In fact, thanks for reminding me, I'll probably try to work on her after Loki. Will prepare the regurgitation pools for new biomass.

1 minute ago, Vulbjorn said:

Equinox has some strange mechanical shapes, but my mutagenic pustules boil with anticipation for working with her helmets. In fact, thanks for reminding me, I'll probably try to work on her after Loki. Will prepare the regurgitation pools for new biomass.

Oh I could just hug you! I will be looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work. :)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

We NEED more compact syandanas! So I like the last one a lot. Well... more if it didn't have that wierd hoop. But it still looks awesome! I really want this one!

I do like compact syandanas too, especially if they look like part of the frame itself and do not stick out too much. Hm. Will see how it looks when I actually start sculpting it.

Just now, Vulbjorn said:

Sorry for not posting any updates, I suddenly got ill and work on Loki halted. But, because I'm still capable of holding a wacom pen in my hand, here's some concepts of potential syandanas that I have in mind. (The third and fourth show wing/tendrils open on left and compacted on right)

O8N9P4A.jpg

Hmmm Loki helmet from back look like goblin ears from some movie but don't remember what movie exactly.... but syandana is ok 3 and 6 and you can add blue things from syandan 5 to 6 in the middle,and first syandana tail can combine just little part in to syandana 3....

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Oh I could just hug you! I will be looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work. :)

For some reason I got really into Equinox idea and decided to make a concept. Now, to take my pills and go work on Loki.Then Equinox. Yes. Not the other way around. I need to concentrate. And find more napkins.

gYybSDP.jpg

16 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

For some reason I got really into Equinox idea and decided to make a concept. Now, to take my pills and go work on Loki.Then Equinox. Yes. Not the other way around. I need to concentrate. And find more napkins.

gYybSDP.jpg

It looks great. :D

I will be looking forward to seeing both the Loki and the Equinox skins when you are done (especially if the Equinox looks anything like this design, I love that night form). :)

Just now, Vulbjorn said:

gYybSDP.jpg

Wow now that looks cool 10+ :clap:

Sick as! I had an idea for Loki's asymmetrical left thigh section! How about something similar to the "Puker" enemy type from the game Dead Space 2? 

I'm referring specifically to the leg section in which both of the original legs have been combined into one and another new leg has been formed from the subjects' innards. So maybe a completely Infested leg on the left, smaller side of Loki? This is also just a creative suggestion! 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Sick as! I had an idea for Loki's asymmetrical left thigh section! How about something similar to the "Puker" enemy type from the game Dead Space 2? 

I'm referring specifically to the leg section in which both of the original legs have been combined into one and another new leg has been formed from the subjects' innards. So maybe a completely Infested leg on the left, smaller side of Loki? This is also just a creative suggestion! 

Would be extremely hard to pull off. It would be easy if we were allowed to change mesh, but, alas. Plus, forearms and lower legs are actually mirrored on the unwrap, so I will be able to make asymmetric only upper arms, torso, upper legs, which would make it impossible to make his right leg look like it's fully newly grown.

I do want to move in that directions, though. The idea is that he sorta grows from right to left - right part of his body is malformed and mallable, soft and squishy and underdeveloped. But as it goes from right to left it fossilizes and hardens into a more armoured infested unit, with hard cartilages and larger carapace pieces sticking out of him.

P.S @(PS4)i7081277 I use Paint Tool SAI for sketches and semi-quick concepts. If I want to do something more serious, usually Photoshop, though I haven't used it in half a year now or more.

Just now, Vulbjorn said:

Did a quick concept of infested Loki, thinking will utilize it as a general guide. Now that I'm feeling better, time to start seriously working on him. Here's the silly picture, by the by. Hold onto your coins.

zPXfIws.jpg

ok now that is cool and much better....but what if???

VJhi5lE.jpg

24 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

ok now that is cool and much better....but what if???

In short - maybe. I've fiddled about with Loki's collar, giving him a chin would result in quite a longface. I generally speaking don't follow my own concepts to the T, the final model very often changes significantly when I adjust how the head is positioned, whether or not something will clip into something else or whether or not it will simply flow. For comparisson, here's original concepts for my Carnifex. Pretty old stuff.3f3aa888b9.jpg

15 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

tbh vulbjorn I your version better. that chin feels awkward. its not like any of Loki's helmets actually have chins tho.

Last loki helmet that you can buy with plata have chin.and just because dont have doesn't mean he have to create the similar thing. That's why Hitsu have good example for excal and ash helmet,because they look totally different from original design. And @Vulbjorn I like your style with helmets. I like that there are also unique in some cool way... nice work on nyx art,and yea in the game she looks much better.And she is good but im more Excal player..... so I hope to see something for him in a future 🤔😁👌🍻

Hey @Vlada91 We all can see that you have grahical talent with those reinforces/upgrades/changes (dont know right word for it) of other pepole concepts and your own concepts so why you wont try yourself in tennogen? From what i see your works could be pretty good.

PS: Sorry for english. Its pretty late in my country.

PPS: Also sorry to Vulbjorn for using your Thread to ask this question.

Just now, Fox7000 said:

Hey @Vlada91 We all can see that you have grahical talent with those reinforces/upgrades/changes (dont know right word for it) of other pepole concepts and your own concepts so why you wont try yourself in tennogen? From what i see your works could be pretty good.

PS: Sorry for english. Its pretty late in my country.

PPS: Also sorry to Vulbjorn for using your Thread to ask this question.

I like to give inspiration with some of my idea's. But I finish faculty of arts and that is why I have aye for this. But I dont know how to work in 3D program. If you didnt know I help with some of my idea that are in the game.for example grax helmet that is why we did have 2 helmets. I give idea and I try to help and show them how can look in different perspective... and it's from them what they won't 2 choose. Sometimes when I'm bored I like to help and that is all 😁👌

Spoiler

VRKKq4X.png

9bgRtfX.jpg

qxxWqyx.png

cP9bysD.jpg?1

MYz7aC6.jpg

VlPG6ii.jpg?1

qr3rZo6.jpg?1

or this darh_maul_skin_excal_zzzz_by_vladaking-d

you can see my old work and its just bad xD

Awesome job, Tenno! That would be pretty cool to see some of your work on Tennogen, Vlada91! 

Re Vulbjorn:

I thought it would be an involved process in making a completely different, infested leg for Loki. I wish DE allowed for more alterations than they do to the existing character models especially since we've gotten so many great helmets that alter our Warframes' appearance so drastically! That level of design isn't found on the skins for each Warframe yet, and that's something I'd like to see implemented. That's one of the reasons I haven't done anything in Tennogen besides critique other Tennos' fine work here on the forums. 

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Awesome job, Tenno! That would be pretty cool to see some of your work on Tennogen, Vlada91! 

Tnx man! But I think that im not that good and creative for this job. I wish that im not that lazy and that I know more about all this... so its easy to watch from someone else perspective and just share some thoughts... 🤔😀🍻

Archived