Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

Rhino has been finished. Now to attach my new banking requisites to my new account and upload him, and Wendigo. Here's some shots. Still have some time to change tints. What do you think? (added some more colourschemes)

Spoiler

2453352543.jpgb0f8d15247.jpg67744c1bf5.jpgc8241870d8.jpg9a259fcf9b.jpgf673604b8d.jpg

It had tusks at some point, but I had to remove them, as DE had really big concerns that due to Rhino's massive neck-plates, they would clip everywhere, all the time. Also, was dissatisfied with previous version, here's the new one. More infested, more fleshy. Will rework helmet a bit today.

e44a7e001f.jpg

6 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Went insane and reworked helmet in 9 hours pretty much entirely. Horn is better, achieved 200% of previous texture resolution. Looks much more infested too, I think. Now it's ready. And now, sleep. 

7936152452.jpg

I love the texture on helmet,we need more that on his body...its like on normal excal skin big like....

On 10/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, Vulbjorn said:

@LogaMC1995 An axe was my first choice, pretty obvious weapon to give Rhino. Plus, it's classified as a heavy blade, so greatswords will be able to equip it too. Claws most likely will not pass, because there are no claw source models in tennogen (I think, don't fully remember), and DE generally insists on making skins for items that are already in the workshop. Plus all claws are animated. Though, collapsed and somewhat bulky looking gauntlets that extend in combat into giant battle hooks like his horn would be excellent and very interdasting. 

@(Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 1. I'm actually planning on making his carapace very bug like. If you by chance played Path of Fire (expansion for GW2), I'm particularly impressed with shiny scarabs wandering the desert there. They have really interesting texture on their butts that I'll try and replicate to an extent. Which means - shiny, yes. Not metallic, but glittering in the sun.

2. One of the initial variations of Nyx Carnifex helmet had mandibulas on it. Had to cover them, DE takes very seriously the "no facial features" rule. So, no chance, sorry. Best I can do is an approximation of a mouth, which I gave to my Rhino. And a thunderchin, for occasional ship sinking.

I am not sure how well Warlust helmet will go with my skin (and yes, from Nyx on I'm making full body skins), but it's pretty wild looking and will probably sit on an infested body pretty well. Especially considering my kind of more "solidified" strand of infestation. 

The only problem I can think of is that really specific materials limit customization.  I don't know how the rules work, and even DE does this - the new Deluxe Ember has a surface material that is pretty jarringly different than most of the existing cosmetics.  Which is unfortunate, because it makes it even more obvious when you try to replace the chicken head with something else.

For melee weapon options, if there are gauntlets or the "martial arts" hand-and-feet sets, you might look at those.  Like the Hirudo that came with Nidus.  You could probably also do something "beetle" flavored with tonfa style weapons.

I'm curious to see where you go with this.  Nyx Carnifex is one of my favorite skins, and I'd love for this to turn into something like the Graxx skins, with an option for each Warframe.

• 2 weeks later...

Started working on Volt. Will do some a bit more crazier stuff this time, if DE allows will try to animate it too. Will come with dual infested khopeshes, infested rapier is on hold indefinitely because DE released one themselves. Here's his rough, early noggin with a little bit of a paintover. Very wrinkly, very boopable snoot.

af38db7b59.jpg

I think I seriously need to unify them under some sort of a name at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Started working on Volt. Will do some a bit more crazier stuff this time, if DE allows will try to animate it too. Will come with dual infested khopeshes, infested rapier is on hold indefinitely because DE released one themselves. Here's his rough, early noggin with a little bit of a paintover. Very wrinkly, very boopable snoot.

af38db7b59.jpg

I think I seriously need to unify them under some sort of a name at this point. 

He looks like fish dude from old Hellboy movie... so maybe you can get inspiraton name from that...and I love the shape of his head like some alien...

Speaking of khopeshes. Here's very early WiP, thought I'd share. Ideally, would like this to become a skin both for single and dual swords. Length roughly equal to Skana's, girth is about the same. Don't feed it too much, it has a strict diet.

875c128203.jpg

7 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Speaking of khopeshes. Here's very early WiP, thought I'd share. Ideally, would like this to become a skin both for single and dual swords. Length roughly equal to Skana's, girth is about the same. Don't feed it too much, it has a strict diet.

875c128203.jpg

Idea come from AC Origins? :crylaugh: I love the Khopesh, has a look that no other sword has. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Il y a 9 heures, Vulbjorn a dit :

Well, that was weird. I think I accidentally finished the sculpt in two days. Here's some shots under cut. Now to lowpoly it and get to texturing.

Masquer le contenu

fdb819afa8.jpgb4baec4777.jpg002f84bd49.jpg

P.S. Big, curved, Redguard swords.

Look great, I already imagine your infested Rhino holding two of these :0

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)ll Ascendant ll said:

Any more updates on the beasts?

Currently working on my khopesh, finishing up low-poly and thinking about some interesting textures for it. Additionally, working on Volt, sculpt is done about 15% on the body and about 80% on the helmet. Here's little preview of his helmet with (slightly outdated) body experimentations. Helmet still lacks four large pods on the back with electrofluid inside, which are WiP

Spoiler

bbc563c2cd.jpg

@(PS4)i7081277 Ivara is not in current plans, next thing on the table is the exo-biolung breathing backpack.

Thanks for support, everybody. I really feel that I don't deserve it all.

No, don't worry, I absolutely didn't take it as begging. Just informing. It would be interesting to experiment with Ivara, she has a lot of very organic elements. I'm not entirely sure about dreads, but will think about it when I get there. I'm planning to, hopefully, make skins for all of the frames eventually, so she's definitely on the table, just not on this plate, on the other side of the table. 

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Currently working on my khopesh, finishing up low-poly and thinking about some interesting textures for it. Additionally, working on Volt, sculpt is done about 15% on the body and about 80% on the helmet. Here's little preview of his helmet with (slightly outdated) body experimentations. Helmet still lacks four large pods on the back with electrofluid inside, which are WiP

Hide contents

bbc563c2cd.jpg

@(PS4)i7081277 Ivara is not in current plans, next thing on the table is the exo-biolung breathing backpack.

Thanks for support, everybody. I really feel that I don't deserve it all.

You deserve it bro, with skills like yours, you deserve some appreciation.

Little update, khopesh low poly is done, sculpting is done, unwrapping is done, entering texturing phase. Here's little preview. Early version, textures are mostly haphazardly slapped on using some chewing gum and few cuts of duct tape.

Sigh. If only we could remodel guns. Oh well. Time to finish Volt and his rebreather backpack. Also, considering that I'm apparently slowly morphing into modelling sanic, probably should think of a third skin... fists? Rending claws? Somebody has to crack open those pesky space marines and their metal bawkses.

Spoiler

8de2580776.jpg

Archived