Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know how to fix melee combat in warframe

Vlada91

We dont need some rare stance for cool combat, what we need is when you strikes to look deadly in every strike, I did playe destiny 2 with hunter who have power like wukong and he dont have that much good combo but effects and animation in combat looks powerful. So its not all about combat styles its more how effective look like when you playe. DE need to find the solutions and fix to looks cool like in destiny 2...simple but cool. If you know what I meant. 😊👌        here example:  PbQGO8c.gif http://i.imgur.com/L9g5yVG.gifv

Edited by Vlada91

1st. clearly you dont.

2nd. melee combat is fine. theres nothing to fix

3rd. this is just prefference. if you want every melee out of the over 100 weapons to have animations that make them look super good then go get DE an animation team of over 20 people in order to just do that. and what for? just aesthetics.

Just now, Vlada91 said:

DE need to find the solutions and fix to looks cool like in destiny 2

No. "It doesn't look like Destiny 2" is not a problem that DE needs to fix. It's also not a problem.

Besides, I wouldn't trade my Crimson Dervish stance for whatever that thing in Destiny was.

17 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

No. "It doesn't look like Destiny 2" is not a problem that DE needs to fix. It's also not a problem.

Besides, I wouldn't trade my Crimson Dervish stance for whatever that thing in Destiny was.

In destini combat looks more like ninja then in warframe PbQGO8c.gif it looks so badaas... 😱😂👌                 http://i.imgur.com/L9g5yVG.gifv

Edited by Vlada91

25 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

2nd. melee combat is fine. theres nothing to fix

Melee combat isn't fine, you just pick up stance and check wiki for most damage multipliers or the most effective and do it all the time.
Charge attacks are useless only 4x damage, for example it should do 8x damage and ignore 50% armor.
And channeling isn't that great, it need an buff.

I just think it feels too "light", the blows could have more "oomph" to them, as @(Xbox One)calvinasays, more momentum to them. It always felt like that to me, like we don't really hit things, more like we graze them. But the animations themselves are far more complex and varied than in Destiny 2 as far as I'm concerned.

5 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Melee combat isn't fine, you just pick up stance and check wiki for most damage multipliers or the most effective and do it all the time.
Charge attacks are useless only 4x damage, for example it should do 8x damage and ignore 50% armor.
And channeling isn't that great, it need an buff.

That's an entirely different problem. This is a core issue of Warframe, it's lack of balance and control over power levels. The melee animations themselves are not the cause of that, Warframe's broken, one sided scaling system is, it's completely out of control, the difference in terms of stats between low and high level enemies is far too big, causes even more imbalance with weapons and powers, and prevents the game from presenting any challenge. But again, it's an entirely different den of snakes.

7 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Short version, no.

Long version, noo.

Oh Warframe lover's we need to have bigger desire to playe with melee like a ninja more then with guns. In Destiny 2 when I playe im waiting for that cool power to playe more then with some gun. Because it looks more fun and powerful. And that whot we need in warframe....

34 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

I just think it feels too "light", the blows could have more "oomph" to them, as @(Xbox One)calvinasays, more momentum to them. It always felt like that to me, like we don't really hit things, more like we graze them. But the animations themselves are far more complex and varied than in Destiny 2 as far as I'm concerned.

That's an entirely different problem. This is a core issue of Warframe, it's lack of balance and control over power levels. The melee animations themselves are not the cause of that, Warframe's broken, one sided scaling system is, it's completely out of control, the difference in terms of stats between low and high level enemies is far too big, causes even more imbalance with weapons and powers, and prevents the game from presenting any challenge. But again, it's an entirely different den of snakes.

Amen some one thinking out off the box 👏👏👍

Edited by Vlada91

You all know the feeling when you playe some game for example devil my cry or god of war and its all the same in the all game and you dont care because its funt 2 playe hack & slash game and you playe for fun and good combat and playe not for the story or what not....If we have that in warframe then there are low chance that we going to get bored with this, and the game is going to become much more fun 2 playe. We need a reason to playe with cool melee and just guns guns guns and more guns becaouse if you playe melee you are going too be dead in big level

Edited by Vlada91

Just now, Vlada91 said:

it looks so badaas...

I have watched that clip even before my first answer. I was not impressed back then. I'm not impressed now that you show it again. Oh, sure, it is shiny, but those are just three simple slashes with energy waves coming out of them. Hardly anything sophisticated or interesting.

I still prefer Warframe. Plus, I'm entirely sure that Destiny 2 doesn't even have a fifth of the variety in stances that Warframe has.

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

In destini combat looks more like ninja then in warframe 
 it looks so badaas... 😱😂👌          
 http://i.imgur.com/L9g5yVG.gifv

So, what you want is not to help Warframe in any way.
You want to have Destiny in Warframe. But if you want Destiny, then go play Destiny.
Warframe is Warframe.
Destiny is Destiny.
Stop compairing two games that have different mechanics and different looks.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:22 AM, WhiteMarker said:

So, what you want is not to help Warframe in any way.
You want to have Destiny in Warframe. But if you want Destiny, then go play Destiny.
Warframe is Warframe.
Destiny is Destiny.
Stop compairing two games that have different mechanics and different looks.

If you're saying that warframes dont need melee 3 version, that's fine. Here are my thoughts: Game,Absolvere there are plenty of combos to fight but does not make it more fun and its not working because is boring.so thats not everything in combat. Here is in Destiny 2 that have something similar like in Warframe but simplified and its better because is effecting it has a more advanced system in the game and look more fun 2 playe.... game that combat is not main focus in the game have better combot from the game that have biger melee focus and need better combat system because warframe need that...

Edited by [DE]Helen
Clean up

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

No, I don't know what you meant.

Also, if you want something like that, just channel energy into your weapon, equip a stance, and boom. Melee looks good enough as it is. 

Can't really disagree with any of that.  Nothing wrong with melee in WF.

Oh Warframe lover's we need to have bigger desire to playe with melee like a ninja more then with guns. In Destiny 2 when I playe im waiting for that cool power to playe more then with some gun. Because it looks more fun and powerful. And that whot we need in warframe....

I think you need to try out more melee weapons and stances if you truly believe that.  My personal favorites are Nikana series with Blind Justice, Venka Prime with Vermillion Storm, and Glaive types with Astral Twilight.  Each and every melee in warframe has attacks that change or behave differently depending on the stance you use or not having one.  Heck, the Nikana series has 4 different ways, Venka has 3, and the Glaives have 3.  Those are all counting not equipping a stance as a method also.  

All it takes to having what you want is to equip a stance and/or use channeling.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I think you need to try out more melee weapons and stances if you truly believe that.  My personal favorites are Nikana series with Blind Justice, Venka Prime with Vermillion Storm, and Glaive types with Astral Twilight.  Each and every melee in warframe has attacks that change or behave differently depending on the stance you use or not having one.  Heck, the Nikana series has 4 different ways, Venka has 3, and the Glaives have 3.  Those are all counting not equipping a stance as a method also.  

All it takes to having what you want is to equip a stance and/or use channeling.  

Dude im just going to say im mr.19

If you want to play with melee weapons then just do it. But completely changing the melee system to something that resembles the one in Destiny, is a downgrade and will only make most people use melee even less.

Perhaps one day.

Spoiler

mgr_trailer_04.gif

tumblr_npmyz1wl0X1qzqt8do4_250.gif

tumblr_npmyz1wl0X1qzqt8do3_250.gif

tumblr_mzd5kzoAbn1qzqt8do1_250.gif

Keep what we have now, melee without the effects, but still keep the impacts like you'reactually slashing with the intent to grind someone to dust.

But if we get a new Channeling system, then we can make the effects flashy like MGR or something that also gives benefits.

(it would be great to have more mobility in our melee system, like a universal dash alternative to spin attack where you melee while blocking.)

Edited by (XB1)calvina