Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus rework incoming

Knight_Ex

8 minutes ago, (PS4)e_rock_smith said:

DE saryn can kill lvl 300 plus no problem especially with naramon. Yes nerf both and trin is too op..... we like nerfs because it makes the game better:sadcry:

Please don't. I can't take this exaggeration.

And Saryn has a very, very hard time against Eximus units, especially if they're lv300. Lv100 Eximus units even. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and I'm a Saryn main.

21 hours ago, Tacritan said:

UNAIRU is THE focus school that desperately needs changes.

As a devout Unairu follower....yes. yes it does. I just wish they'd have used Iron Skin rather then whatever Atlas has for the base. 

On topic. The entire system is in need of an overhaul and everyone knows it, even if some of them stay quiet because it's their gravy-train. If anything, I see this change having more to do with your Operator and how they play. Basically, Focus is to become a progression system for your Operator, not just a passive buff booster for your frames. I don't think bonuses for your frames will be removed, but they should not be the core aim of these trees. 

Edited by Lakais

Problem with Naramon isn't the existence of it itself, it's lack of existence of alternatives to it; giving you similar "survivability". Give me armor scaleability that actually works better on the highest levels (200+), and that I won't get one-shotted after a certain level-threshold of enemies, or anything, that increases my survivability in different manner, and I will gladly take it. In other words, what they should do, rather than remove / nerf Naramon, is to introduce relevant alternatives for other people to pick from.

PS: Anyone claiming it's 'easy to do' with Naramon - not really. At very high level (talking enemies around 150 - 200 and higher here), you still gotta utilize parkour and evade getting hit. The main thing it really does, is reduce the amount of damage coming in your way, as obviously, enemies act like they don't see you. But, mindless actions will still get you killed regardless, especially on squisier Warframes. Ie. AoE, toxic clouds etc.

Edited by CrazyValkyr

36 minutes ago, Lakais said:

As a devout Unairu follower....yes. yes it does. I just wish they'd have used Iron Skin rather then whatever Atlas has for the base. 

On topic. The entire system is in need of an overhaul and everyone knows it, even if some of them stay quiet because it's their gravy-train. If anything, I see this change having more to do with your Operator and how they play. Basically, Focus is to become a progression system for your Operator, not just a passive buff booster for your frames. I don't think bonuses for your frames will be removed, but they should not be the core aim of these trees. 

I always wanted the focus systemt to benefit the operator themselves, as mentioned, with unairu, the void beam can petrify enemies, Vazarin void beam can heal allies, etc.

Also, have the focus system be tied to the strength of your operator, the more trees and abilities unlocked/active/learned, the more powerful your operator passively becomes, more base HP. (up to 200 at max) Some shield to simulate void energy protecting you, higher energy pool, unique/augmented abilities from focus trees, etc.

Also maybe in the future (after doing the War Within Quest), we can visit Teshin for physical training so our Operators can learn basic parkour, faster rolling, mobility elements, etc.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

No man we should just nerf saryn, trin ember ash and excsl, there too op and can survive lvl 1000s  just like Naramon when I'm invisible I can still get one shotted?? But no no man you guys are right naramon takes no skills just like the rest of the stuff in the game so nerf Saryn she's too op, nerf loki he's goes invisible too, nerf trin kills any lvl enemy, nerf ash he goes invisible. Makes sense rightttttt, not like DE made all of these things for a reason 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)e_rock_smith said:

No man we should just nerf saryn, trin ember ash and excsl, there too op and can survive lvl 1000s  just like Naramon when I'm invisible I can still get one shotted?? But no no man you guys are right naramon takes no skills just like the rest of the stuff in the game so nerf Saryn she's too op, nerf loki he's goes invisible too, nerf trin kills any lvl enemy, nerf ash he goes invisible. Makes sense rightttttt, not like DE made all of these things for a reason 

I see what your point is, and to make it, you're disregarding the weaknesses of all of those frames (Nullifiers, Scaling, Recast Time, Loki's Squishyness, and we can keep going) in favour of making the No-Weaknesses Naramon look fair, I'm no judge, but you're not making a good case...

Edited by Jicematoro

3 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

I see what your point is, and to make it you're disregarding the weaknesses of all of those frames (Nullifiers, Scaling, Recast Time, Loki's Squishyness, and we can keep going) in favour of making the No-Weaknesses Naramon look fair, I'm no judge, but you're not making a good case...

Was sarcasm since naramon is "broken"

Just now, babywrath said:

I want them to make it so that the focus being used is the lens equipped on the warframe. That way, building and using multiple schools is easier. 

I think this whole thread is utterly junk and that DE is doing a beauutttiful job on the whole game already and no school frame, weapon, etc needs a re work or nerf, why is this even a thing. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)e_rock_smith said:

I think this whole thread is utterly junk and that DE is doing a beauutttiful job on the whole game already and no school frame, weapon, etc needs a re work or nerf, why is this even a thing. 

Is this supposed to still be "sarcasm"? There are more than enough things that need a second look at. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, (PS4)e_rock_smith said:

Because public opinion matters to DE to a certain extent. We can spout all we want but DE will only entertain ideas related to how they want the game. The point is not that everybody is simply complaining but that DE themselves use these ideas to improve their idea of Warframe. 

24 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Is this supposed to still be "sarcasm"? There are more than enough things that need a second look at. 

I'm pretty sure hes just trolling this thread if you read his other posts on here. This pleb has either not played the game in years or is just a strait up troll.

Edited by lust907

I can always go for schools getting more reason to use them and focus being made more useful in general but I don't think the path to do that is to reduce the elements that currently do work. Instead, its important to make focus worth using and then improve the elements of focus that do not work like Retaliate with Vazarin or much of Unairu.

1 hour ago, (PS4)e_rock_smith said:

DE hasn't touched Saryn in years, she kills literally anything any lvl.... it's worse than ember... please de she's stealing all our kills  :( players with 1 million kill count with her, 4 hours survivals. I don't get it.  :sadcry: just lIke that Naramon and zen lens

Her rework isn't even two years old yet.

So how can you say she hasn't been "touched in years"?

Why is this Zenerik versus Naramon thing so controversial?

Zenerik's passive should just be in the game. They've done it before with archwing giving them passive energy gain. It's a huge QoL for certain frames like Mag who relies on her abilities to get energy back, and energy orbs spawn way too infrequently to be a reliable source of energy. Trinity is not a fair argument since you either need to be playing as her or make a friend do it so you can go off and have fun.

Naramon on the otherhand has two overpowered abilities working in conjunction with each other. One boosts crits which already makes the most op melee builds even more op, and it turns you invisible with each crit which makes you completely immune to enemy aggro. How they don't see this as an issue is obvious. It's their favorite toy and you're trying to take it away.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Why is this Zenerik versus Naramon thing so controversial?

Zenerik's passive should just be in the game. They've done it before with archwing giving them passive energy gain. It's a huge QoL for certain frames like Mag who relies on her abilities to get energy back, and energy orbs spawn way too infrequently to be a reliable source of energy. Trinity is not a fair argument since you either need to be playing as her or make a friend do it so you can go off and have fun.

Naramon on the otherhand has two overpowered abilities working in conjunction with each other. One boosts crits which already makes the most op melee builds even more op, and it turns you invisible with each crit which makes you completely immune to enemy aggro. How they don't see this as an issue is obvious. It's their favorite toy and you're trying to take it away.

Let me keep my crit boost and take away the invisibility.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

I always wanted the focus systemt to benefit the operator themselves, as mentioned, with unairu, the void beam can petrify enemies, Vazarin void beam can heal allies, etc.

Also, have the focus system be tied to the strength of your operator, the more trees and abilities unlocked/active/learned, the more powerful your operator passively becomes, more base HP. (up to 200 at max) Some shield to simulate void energy protecting you, higher energy pool, unique/augmented abilities from focus trees, etc.

Also maybe in the future (after doing the War Within Quest), we can visit Teshin for physical training so our Operators can learn basic parkour, faster rolling, mobility elements, etc.

Problem I have with the whole petrification is that it does not match the core idea of Unairu. Unairu is about endurance, it's about outlasting your enemy. The stone gaze thing is a CC ability with a decent damage tick built on top. There are two entire trees who's shtick is void-damage and CC. Unairu does not need to copy them. 

My idea of what Unairu should be in terms of the frames is essentially based off of Iron Skin, an additional layer of health and for passive you get armor and resistance bonuses to CC and Status procs/damage. With the unique caveat being that these bonuses stack or go up with every use of the Focus ability. Essentially the ability is meh at first try but it grows more and more powerful the longer you stay in mission. 

4 minutes ago, Avenwing said:

Let me keep my crit boost and take away the invisibility.

Honestly people would just switch to Huras for the invisibility anyways, so it's no real loss if they did just take off invisibility.

But aside from that I have to wonder how they plan on attacking this rework. I've been passively leveling ALL the focus trees. Will I eventually get rewarded for my work? Currently it's like flipping a switch. You're either unairu, or vazarin. There's no inbetween. I would hope for a branching system that you could sink points into but only requires specialization as you go deeper into a certain branch. Like say for instance all the base values all increase health, or resistances. Then it goes into energy regen, or armor, or bullet jump proficiency. Then it becomes specialized where your operator beam gets buffed as you go further into madurai. Or can leave a phoenix renewal like effect if you go through vazarin.