The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was it like to play Warframe for the first time

(XBOX)l Alexios l

First time seeing my brother played it: "What the heck is that?"

Actually playing it for the first time: "This is gonna be awesome."

I picked Volt as a starter, so being squishy made me really cautious and sneaky. Still have "fond" memories of Sedna enemies killing me in a flash.

God awful garbage. I was playing on my old 4 years old laptop that was never cleaned on the inside, on 30-20 fps and solo, as I was playing in EU at 4:00 AM most of the time.

Then I got my gaming setup with an RX480 crossfire 16GBG RAM and tried Mesa on a grineer defense.

Now I have 1.500+ hours on this game.

I was looking for an action/rpg to fill the void after I stopped playing Phantasy Star Universe.  Phantasy Star Online 2 was announced for a western release, but then Sega Japan quietly balked, ultimately not releasing PSO2 westward.  A year after that I discovered Warframe and began following the game while it was in closed beta on PC.  Shortly after that, I found out that Warframe was coming to PS4 at launch and not XBone, which made my post E3 2013 choice of console easy.

Warframe has been my number one game for almost four years now.

I knew it the moment I launched the game for the first time.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Really, really skeptical as it is a free game. I thought it's gonna be a pay to win or the wait's gonna be too long (like smite cough).

I was playing on the asian server back then so i was pretty much forced to solo, with a couple of in and out squads of also newbies, somehow. I never invested in a game before so the wiki was pretty much completely new to me. Had to figure he game out myself (took me till mr3..). I was playing so tactical because i had mag, mk1 braton, and mk1 kunai, which made me a squishy target in an open field. And stalker was actually creepy n scary.

Now, well, i walk in the middle of the corridor and enemies'll die left n right lol

Edit : also, we had a limited 4x revive per day for each frame. So when you die you'd have to think if reviving is worth it, or if bailing is abetter option.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

Me and two friends started at the same time, so we each took a different 'frame. I took Mag. The game was fun, but I remember having troubles keeping up with my friends who took Loki and Excalibur (Excalibur later switched to Ember). I immediately took a liking to the large amount of potential customizability in the mod system. I also always hated fighting Vay Hek, although nowadays I'd take his bullet sponge generic form over his parrot form.

Slow...  so so so much slower than what it is now.  2 tilesets.  I dunno like 3-4 frames.  Ember was a dude...  but like someone said cutting a dude in half.  For me it wasn't cutting but putting like a chunky hole in the side of a dude with my gun and it feeling so satisfying I was like DAYYYUUMMM!!!  But a lot has changed since early closed beta days...  a heck of a lot.

First time in beta I who's Wahoo sci fi nija game. And I whos like efect and models looks cool. But then omg I fith with humans and im like some Alain ninja. And I whose confused about that.... but in the end a get bored and start playing again after a year... and now its my best game.

Joined back in 2015, back then it was a confusing mess for me, i got very little out of the tutorials, navigation the old star chart was a mess, and the reason i had all kinds of planets unlocked now that i have returned, Sedna for an example was unlocked for me, yet i hadn't even unlocked neptune yet.

Didn't understand mods, or trading. Very few people did quests, so got stuck at one, and i just kind of gave up. But the gameplay was fun, now that i have returned after 1.5 year, it's awesome, i've unlocked all planets, and blazed through quests and have begun to get some proper builds set up, now it's damn awesome again, now if my chat would just work, that would be great :)

Edited by BoatLoadsofDope

First time I played was years ago, somewhat early in Warframe's existence. I downloaded it because hey, it was free, and I'd just bought my Xbox One and was looking for games.

The experience was terrible. Bad, overcomplicated controls, herky-jerky movement, six bazillion different materials for crafting, lousy starchart navigation, zero guidance/instruction...absolutely terrible. I got through the ascaris negator thing, and dropped the game immediately.

Picked it up again this past December and it felt like a different game. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

When i first played i actually liked it a lot, mostly because of the omnious atmosphere and the gameplay style.

But with time i noticed many things were just copy;paste. Regardless of the planet all maps were ships and the models of the enemies was limited and i was like "well, not really digging it, i dont feel like i am actually on different maps at all"

But i have to admit that from 2013 to this day, DE reworked the game in ways i would never immagine, it doesnt even feel like that same game anymore.

Yes things are less omnious and dark, but the fluidity of the movements, the different models for enemies, the lore (which i was clueless about at start, didnt even knew if there was one), the variety of frames, variety of weapons, the customization and mostly, the maps (man it felt good to see how much the maps changed), everything just changed so much and i have to say that for a f2p i was in awe with how much this game grew.

And deep inside i nurture a hope that eventually, with plains of eidolon making warframe take a step towards open world, that each planet will become a gigantic open world map with missons and alerts popping around it rather than just being instanced nodes like they are now. Or who knows, maybe they keep the missions in instanced maps but have the entrance to the instances scattered across the open world maps of the planets.

GAHHHHHHHHHH *fires electricity an swings melee like crazy*

strugges with moving around map an keeping up with other players

checks through market :O oh weapons i can get for credits *masters an junks*

O_O oh i can rank up *has abit of trouble*

meets my teacher an helps me out

meets up with 2 players that helped me out but. were we helped you an gave you so an so item,  now you owe this much plat  

but first time playing i was amazed at it being a free game an only got more interesting as i learned the game was vaster than what it seemed an just kept getting bigger