Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Decurion is Unusable!

BiancaRoughfin

Greetings Fellow Tennos!

Today with the coming of the Razorback Armada, i decided to pull out a weapon for Archwing that i havent used in a very long time.

Being a fan of Dual Wielded Pistols, i decided to play abit with the Dual Decurions and ran a mission with it but with major disappointment since the Weapon despite having 100% Accuracy is unreliable for taking down mobs fast or at range due to its massive recoil. Even enemies and mid/short range are hard to be hit when firing with this weapon.

ArchHeavyPistols.png

I dont remember if it was already this way when it first came out but honestly, it can stay at the bottom of my weapon trunk if its really suppose to work this way.

I would like to ask [DE] to either remove completely this weapon's recoil or drop it to the point its almost not noticeable.

7 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

It was like this since release, everyone complained about the recoil and asked DE to tone it down. To this day the Dual Decurions are mastery fodder.

^ Pretty much this in a nutshell. This thread has been done over and over again. Sadly, nothing ever comes of it.

7 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

You have to use them at close range.

careerbuilder-original-2003.gif?14592885

Yeah, and so do melee weapons too.... which are far and disproportionately more effective in archwing.

12 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

It was a joke, my dude.

Their is no joking about Dual Decurion.... only misery.

You know what... it's not even the weapon itself that's that bad. It's the lack of mods in general for archwing. If the -recoil mod existed for archwing, this wouldn't even really be a thing.

3 minutes ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

Delivering twin streams of highly accurate, rapid-fire ordnance, the Decurion are specifically designed for combat in the vacuum of space.

My arse.

Well, it is quite accurate if you shoot one bullet at a time.

Other than that, yeah the recoil kill a lot of it's accuracy.

Well thanks a lot, I was doing so well at having forgotten that these abominations of a "weapon" had existed in the first place.

It's genuinely befuddling at how eerily terrible the Dual Decurion manage to be.  Funnily enough they've always been beyond atrocious, even back when they were originally released as a semi-automatic weapon.  For reasons unknown to logic or reason, the Dual Decurion were then at a later point changed to become automatic weapons, which only served to make them even more ultraterrible than they had been initially.

Merely considering the inception of these weapons boggles the mind.  I need to get back to the ol' therapy couch now.

Less joke-y tldr version;  Title of thread is 100% accurate.

5 hours ago, Bobtm said:

Well thanks a lot, I was doing so well at having forgotten that these abominations of a "weapon" had existed in the first place.

It's genuinely befuddling at how eerily terrible the Dual Decurion manage to be.  Funnily enough they've always been beyond atrocious, even back when they were originally released as a semi-automatic weapon.  For reasons unknown to logic or reason, the Dual Decurion were then at a later point changed to become automatic weapons, which only served to make them even more ultraterrible than they had been initially.

Merely considering the inception of these weapons boggles the mind.  I need to get back to the ol' therapy couch now.

Less joke-y tldr version;  Title of thread is 100% accurate.

^This

Semi-Auto Dual Decurion were not a powerhouse by any means, but due to no fall-off they were useful for old 'AW Interception' 

•You could snipe Enemies taking the far-off Nodes

Projectile is heavily deceiving as they are indeed hit-scan damage wise

What is odd, is since Dual Decurion were not popular they did not receive a multitude of tweaks like Velocitus did.

Would have been nice if one of those Velocitus damage buffs had been intended for the Dual Decurion*

I'm hoping we receive a Prisma Variant or Prime Variant soon.

As for usability:

They can work mid-to-long range with single fire clicks.

Or you just dump the clips at point-blank

(I still use them every now and then against the Golem)

I feel they are about the full-auto equivalent of Corvas 

•Not top tier AW weapons by any means

Maybe PoE will allow the closer combat and horde-mode enemies be easy AW weapon fodder.

But let's be honest: Against hordes of enemies Fluctus reigns supreme!

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

What's sad is that when DE copy+pasted the Dual Decurion and Veritux onto Titania to become Dex Pixia and Diwata, they were rather quick with changing the Dex Pixia's massive recoil into -> low recoil but also slightly lessened accuracy...

The bias is strong, oh so very strong. Due to AW's impopularity, it's unlikely that Dual Decurion ever will receive any love from DE. Let's hope PoE can bring AW-weapons up to popularity so the Dual Decurions can get the buffs they need.

Oh, and the Corvas to not have a snorefest-inducing 3 second reload delay along with a dreadfully slow recharge rate of 5 ammo/second.
(Really, what's the point of showing the reloadrate if the reload delay is not displayed as well? Both are important stats to know. And what's the point in having Corvas doubledip so tremendously in ammunition awefulness?)

Edited by Azamagon
Spelling

It's not the recoil, believe or not. It's real problem is the crazy screen-shake (yes, those are different). The recoil is more or less the same as any other Arch-weapon. The problem is that shooting it makes your screen undergo the equivalent of a seizure. 

On the other hand, they're fun to use as far as cosplaying goes, and not as boring as the Velocitus or Grattler, so I still use them a ton.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII