Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's your experience with trading?

Rayxen

12 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Because Kohm is sht. That's why it has strong disposition in the first place. It's not about luck really, no one wants to buy rivens for those kind of weapons. Those kind of rivens are only useful if you didn't have to buy them, spending lots of money on them is a waste.

True, <100% status Kohm, it's not that good. Hit that 100% pre-multishot status chance and you`ll have a killing machine. The problem is that in order to achieve that you either need Nano-Applicator which is a rare shadow debt mod, either a Riven with good status chance. Since the other shotguns are much easier to mod for, Kohm fell under the radar hard. 

The ammo economy is the worst thing about it tho. 

Edited by aligatorno

7 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Sure af you should google Loki Prime to see he didn't get a relic unvault yet...

So what? He was vaulted not so long ago but you expected to get a full 500p 6 months ago when most people were selling it for about 350. Now like I said everyone's selling it for 500 so now you sold it. Because now that price is medium. 6 months ago it was ridiculous. And not all primes are equal. Rhino is also vaulted, still sells for 300.

Know your prices so it won't take eternity to sell something next time. Just because something is "vaulted" doesn't automatically mean you will score 500p for it. Volt and Ash is vaulted for example, they're still selling for 100.  

Edited by -Temp0-

8 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

So what? He is the last frame that isn't farmable through relics... that raises the price.

Price raises slowly, it doesn't just jump from 100 to 500 the day frame is vaulted and the more time goes the higher the price rises, the fewer the number of people that still have full sets. Sometimes it won't raise to 500 p at all depending on the frame, though loki is at least a really good and useful in many situations so that's why now it reached 500. The only vaulted primes that I've seen that cost 400-500 and people were actually ready to pay for it (at least sometimes) were Frost and Ember, now Loki. The rest you would never sell for so much.

And even then, 500 p is still a lot. Don't expect to grab it right away just because you think "you should" be able because "such vaulted much valuable so loki". Some people after finding out it costs shtton will just decide to wait until it is unvaulted again instead of buying.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Because Ember is highly sought after. Loki, not so much. 

Because Loki was vaulted after a full run, while Ember was "unvaulted" for 4 weeks. So the window to acquire Ember, and the total quantity of Embers never became high. Not to mention that even in the old Void Tower system, Loki was extremely common set.

5 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

May 17th, 2016 <- the day he got vaulted, that's over a year... how long do you think the price needs to raise?

And you said you sold it after 6 months.

Well I don't freaking know how long exactly, at least 5-6 months after it was vaulted - volt was vaulted half a year ago and still costs 100p. You can't expect to sell something for 500 when the same thing on wf market is 350-400 - which Loki was not so long ago. And as I said, there's not so many people overall that will give you 500p even if it is the medium price because objectively it's still high.

And I already said that not all primes are equal as Rhino is 300 now, Mag isn't even 100 - gl trying to sell her for 500 or even 200 just because 'she's vaulted'. Idk about Ember as I never farmed her personally, probably has to do with the rarity of her parts just like Frost as he was a pain to farm. Loki wasn't so lots of people had several sets at the time he was vaulted, only months later that pile slowly got down.

In short if you want to know the price people will be willing to pay see wf market. If you want to sell for higher you will need to spend hours in the game trade chat and wait for basically a fool that doesn't visit it and has as no idea how much what costs - and even then, again, that person with 50% probability won't fall for "well it's high coz it's vaulted item" thing and will decide to wait till it's unvaulted because platinum doesn't grow on trees especially for new players.

2 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

I said it took me 6 months, I don't play WF nonstop. I sold him ~1 year after he got vaulted, a few months ago.

And I said that you sold him at the time when he was indeed 500p as a medium which is evident if you will visit wf market. So get a cue and next time compare your inner "i deserve to sell it for x" with the source that actually tells you how much plat people are selling that thing for because oftentimes your inner gauge will be off.

Few other montsh ago he costed around 350-400p, that's the time I sold one of the sets for around 350. If I would've tried to sell at 500 I would also have to wait for another months or even several.

Well I can't say it's useless as I've made 10s of thousands out of it. At least it wasn't over the years.

Now I only do oportunistic trades through trade chat while I am there for riven trading. If I wasn't there anyway because of dabbling in riven trades I probably wouldn't be using trade chat for more than quickly looking at the tab for 20secs and doing something else, and only turning on market when I can be arsed to be bombarded with pms trying to buy my wares.

Edited by Ghogiel

From what I read here the people that find the trading system alienating are the ones that use it the most, probably because it gets a bit tedious but mostly because it's hard to sell at the price you want... in a free market.

In my opinion the trade chat should be tweaked to put riven selling on 1 side and everything else on the other.. maybe the chat can unfold to cover more space? Something like that.

6 hours ago, Trowicia said:

I stopped using in-game trading

When this happens there is something wrong with a part of the game. Still holds for how much game important information is better obtained through the Wikia. Holds even more so for the Trading system in Waframe.

When your players feel compelled to use an outside resource/tool it means your internal tools aren't doing their designed function, if those tools even exist in your game.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:18 PM, O.O_ said:

I actually was serious, If someone tries to trade me two unrolled unmaxed crap rivens for a maxed Sicarus riven with 300+ dmg and 130+ cd, isn't that greedy? If no one replies to "WTB *insert random augment* for 25p" until I double the offer, isn't that greedy? That are just examples of 99% of my trade attempts, and of course blocking and random insults because yeah... I'm the bad guy.

Nothing wrong with success but there are better ways to achieve that.

Someone trying to trade you two UNROLLED (read: having infinite potential for being good) rivens for a good Sicarus riven isn't greedy, it's what they think it's worth.  And in a free market, they'll eventually find someone who agrees with them and make a trade.  FREE.  MARKET.

No one replying to "WTB *insert random augment* 25p" means that no one currently trawling trade chat has a spare augment - 25 is a perfectly reasonable price for Syndicate augments.  Someone replying when you double the offer is a person who has one augment, but selling it for double the price others usually pay is taking advantage of the free market before turning around and spending half of that plat to get it back (or simply burning standing if they run a Syndicate that offers it) and turning a profit.  FREE.  MARKET.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:38 PM, SpikedFox said:

From what I read here the people that find the trading system alienating are the ones that use it the most, probably because it gets a bit tedious but mostly because it's hard to sell at the price you want... in a free market.

In my opinion the trade chat should be tweaked to put riven selling on 1 side and everything else on the other.. maybe the chat can unfold to cover more space? Something like that.

You can do that with the filter option - while certain trades will still leak trough the filtering, if you input "riven" as a search word and move the slider to "exclude" you will find trade chat a lot cleaner. It comes on the expense of people putting both rivens and sets in the same messages, but it is a small price to pay in order to avoid "WTS MY 15 TOTALLY GOD MOD RIVENS FOR GRAM GUYS"

Can be very boring but if you are looking to build weapons for mastery. Especially difficult now for me as I only need specific things. Mainly archwing weapon parts traded for mods and other arch wing parts. 

I will never get a response for WTT. I mostly have to view the profile and guess what the person might be willing to trade for. So a much longer process. 

OMG, on PS4 it has become a farce and a nightmare. No one seems to respect anyone else's grind. Almost no one understands the value of Baro items in particular. They seem to have magically forgotten that ducats come from prime parts and Baro rarely sells anything that requires less than 20 prime parts. Mods that may take days for rng to drop, they want them for 5p. But wait, they be like:

WTS Rhino 450p Mag 250p Volt 200p Rage 50p WTB Ember BP 50p

My life...

On 9/7/2017 at 10:07 PM, O.O_ said:

That proves nothing except that most in trade chat don't even bother messaging or posting...

Which was exactly my point.  Most people in trade chat don't post in the actual trawl of trade chat.  They're reading the trawl and looking for things they can buy/sell - more accurately, they're looking for those people who have posted a single line of text: "WTB *insert mod here* XYp" or "WTS *insert set here* XYZplat".  Because that's how you find the person who's not following a formula to make trades (and therefore someone who doesn't have anything to do with any of the problems you seem to think everyone in trade chat has).  They make a trade, and both parties walk away happy - the person who posted the single line in chat has now spent under a minute waiting for a response, and the person who went looking has spent under a minute making a trade before going back to the trawl and waiting for the next sane person to show up.

Those people who are posting massive blocks of text?  They're the ones you have a problem with, and because they're the only people that you see in the chat, you assume that the entire chat is that way - but that's because you're not using the chat the way most of us do - see an item, send a PM, make a sale, move on.

otherwise I(or everyone else) would constantly get spammed with offers... doesn't happen.

When did I say that anyone would get spammed with offers?

No, seriously, let's think about this logically.

In twenty minutes, __XX-ThisUsernameIsAlwaysTakenInTheBetaButIWantItAnywaySoIllEmbelliS#&amp;&#036;-XX__ has posted the EXACT. SAME. MESSAGE. in trade chat 10 times.  What does that mean?  That's right!  In twenty minutes, he/she has not received a single message that led to a trade - otherwise, said item would no longer appear in the trade message.  Do you know why?  Because large, block messages like the ones he/she is spamming into trade chat are treated as just that - spam - by those of us who don't seem to have any problem with trade chat.

Those people continue to clog up the trawl every two minutes with a barrage of messages that I don't read, waiting for someone who either really needs one of the things they're selling or someone who really wants to sell one the things on their buy list to show up.  Then they get away with making the trade at whatever price they want to, because they have a "consensus" of large block posts in the chat stating the same price.  This is a practice known as price fixing, and it works so long as the price fixers are the only messages anyone gets to see - as their messages are long, this strategy actually gets them somewhere, just not very quickly.

Meanwhile, those of us who know exactly what they're doing simply ignore them (literally - if someone posts a massive message, I write their username on a piece of paper and /i them until I'm about to log off - then I turn them back off the ignore list in case the next time I go to trade chat and want to sell something, they bite.  They usually don't, but you never know.) and then look through the now much cleaner-looking trade chat to find the things we're looking for.

funny that you think you were nice... or helpful.

You expressed distaste at Goko's use of a word that he/she was relatively certain you wouldn't know the definition of, as many English speakers don't know it either.

I then proceeded to define it for you and anyone else who might ever read the thread who didn't know the definition in an effort to make things easier to follow without having to look it up again at a later date when the definition of an obscure word is inevitably forgotten.

So yes, I was being both nice AND helpful to what may end up being a large group of people (especially now that Goko has sent this thread off to Discord for dissemination).

Dissemination.  N.  Wide circulation.

Again, that wasn't just for your benefit - and if you already knew what that meant, more power to you.  I usually only find that word in legal documentation, however, so I can safely assume that there is at least SOMEONE who will eventually read this thread who will need it defined.

4 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Those people continue to clog up the trawl every two minutes with a barrage of messages that I don't read, waiting for someone who either really needs one of the things they're selling or someone who really wants to sell one the things on their buy list to show up.  Then they get away with making the trade at whatever price they want to, because they have a "consensus" of large block posts in the chat stating the same price.  This is a practice known as price fixing, and it works so long as the price fixers are the only messages anyone gets to see - as their messages are long, this strategy actually gets them somewhere, just not very quickly.

Meanwhile, those of us who know exactly what they're doing simply ignore them (literally - if someone posts a massive message, I write their username on a piece of paper and /i them until I'm about to log off - then I turn them back off the ignore list in case the next time I go to trade chat and want to sell something, they bite.  They usually don't, but you never know.) and then look through the now much cleaner-looking trade chat to find the things we're looking for.

well ummm wow... thanks for the tip there m8. I actually might use trade chat now. *bows to the simple genius that is the ignore list*

Never really thought of that, which is kinda sad I guess, but good to have more than just warframe.market waiting in the background. Improve grofit and all that. Always avoided trade chat just because of the drain of the constant scrawl. Kudos.

i dont post often here, but I have to add that trading in warframe is way to restrictive and laboured to warrant me stopping playing the game and go to the trade channel.

I know people make good plat from trading, but is that your game? is that what you log in to do? I want to go shoot stuff and have fun in missions and such like and the trading should kind of happen on its own

Maybe a system where there is a tenno shop where the game takes a cut and you can post your valkyr prime set for sale for X amount of plat and next time you log in maybe its sold - maybe it hasnt, but either way its there for say a week and you can get on with playing the game rather than sitting about trying to sell stuff in an over choked trade channel