Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To DE: Ok lets see DE... when will you realize being 1-shooted is NOT fun at all????

Kronxito

54 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Shield gating won't do a thing against something that bypasses shields though. That aside. I'd rather have a stat similar to armor. But for shields.

But you do have... It's armor... I mean the shields are supposed to work differently from health. Armor makes health harder to decrease, the very same way "Shield Recharge" mods make the shield regenerate faster. Plus since the shield can regenerate on its own without mods (health cannot do that) it doesn't really need to get tankier. And you even have mods like Guardian or Shield Charger, which are a great help.

5 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

1x solo failed cause of own stupidity... using Ivara and the new shotgun silenced... RADIATION IS A BAD IDEA...
eating 4 times a stray rocket rip

LOL.   While I completely agree with you that Radiation procs on enemies and Ivara don't mix, the new shotgun is actually pretty cool to use with her.  It's also one of the few if not the only shotgun that I can get consistent stealth kills with is a plus.  :D

11 hours ago, Ksaero said:

414 kills, no death, Excalibur. :P

I do not believe you at all, even and especially if you were with a group.  

I tried several frames solo and could not finish it.  A very efficient Radial Blind is not much of help for Excalibur, a mob not affected by your Radial Blind will just come out to oneshot you from behind while you are busy with your finisher.  The damage reduction of your glorious Exalted Blade? Even with a maxed Healing Return with multi-status procs, would not help to gain enough health by attacking the mobs who are constantly firing at you from the front, actually from everywhere depending on your location, again just a mob somewhere around will oneshot you.  

I finally solo'd it with Wukong, with a CC weapon (Lenz), and made it, with just about a hundred kills, no death.  You said you got over 400 kills with Excal?

I later tried Ivara just to experiment, she can survive easily and kill more because of invisibility, but still within 200 kills, again: Solo, no spector, no nothing.

Not to mention that the spawning of Life Support tower could also be a problem, you simply could not survive just because Lotus did not want to spawn the Life Support Tower toward the end. 

Edited by modalmojo
typo

46 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

I tried several frames solo and could not finish it.  A very efficient Radial Blind is not much of help for Excalibur, a mob not affected by your Radial Blind will just come out to oneshot you from behind while you are busying with your finisher.  The damaging reduction of your glorious Exalted Blade? Even with a maxed Healing Return with your melee weapon, it would not help to gain enough health by attacking the mobs who are constantly firing at you from the front, actually from everywhere depending on your location, again just a mob somewhere around will oneshot you.  

I finally used Wukong, with a CC type of weapon (Lenz), and made it, with just about a hundred kills, no death.  You said you got over 400 kills with Excal?

I later tried Ivara just to experiment, she can survive easily and kill more because of invisibility, but still within 200 kills, again: Solo, no spector, no nothing.

Not to mention that the spawning of Life Support tower could also be a problem, you simply could not survive just because Lotus did not want to spawn the Life Support Tower toward the end. 

I use Life Strike instead of HR, allows me to regen all my hp in one hit. I also use Flow-Rage-QT combo which allows me to stay alive after critical hits and be always supplied with energy for the blind. Steel Fiber with Vitality saves me from random one-shots. I was indeed playing public teamed up with my wife who was playing as Assimilate Nyx and the other two people were Valkyr and Inaros who we constantly revived throughout the whole mission. Had to use Life Support only 1 or 2 times. Oh, and my Focus school is Madurai.

I can replay this mission and record it after work when I get home (8-9 hours from now on).

Edited by Ksaero

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

LOL.   While I completely agree with you that Radiation procs on enemies and Ivara don't mix, the new shotgun is actually pretty cool to use with her.  It's also one of the few if not the only shotgun that I can get consistent stealth kills with is a plus.  :D

True, just got me killed cause of stray rockets. was mowing them down easily though.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

your favorite frame isn't necessarely the one to do the job, deal with that.  chance for you to step up and master another one, there are like 33 of them for now, minus the primes.

Also i disagree if it really is his favourite frame should know its strenghts and weaknesses in pretty much every situation and adapt to the situation itself instead of playing the same way hes used to play all the time. granted some frames are better in certain situations than others but in the hands of a unskilled person they can suck just as bad with a proper frame as well as with a bad frame (in context of the situation of, no frame is bad imo)

Honestly, my only gripe with today's sortie 3 was that one Nox that spawned.

Bad enough they do AoE toxin.
Now double (or whatever) that damage.
Now give them a (I forget. 75%? 80%? 90%?) elemental resist on top of their locational damage resist, and the scaling HP of their helmets.

Blargh.

7 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I use Life Strike instead of HR, allows me to regen all my hp in one hit. I also use Flow-Rage-QT combo which allows me to stay alive after critical hits and be always supplied with energy for the blind. Steel Fiber with Vitality saves me from random one-shots. I was indeed playing public teamed up with my wife who was playing as Assimilate Nyx and the other two people were Valkyr and Inaros who we constantly revived throughout the whole mission. Had to use Life Support only 1 or 2 times. Oh, and my Focus school is Madurai.

I can replay this mission and record it after work when I get home (8-9 hours from now on).

Good proof that player skill does indeed factor in. Just played the sortie mission as Inaros, didn't get downed once. And I'm not using QT on Inaros either. The massive Healthpool and great CC along with healing 1k hp per melee finisher is more than enough to keep him alive if one plays him right.

3 hours ago, Chroia said:

Honestly, my only gripe with today's sortie 3 was that one Nox that spawned.

Bad enough they do AoE toxin.
Now double (or whatever) that damage.
Now give them a (I forget. 75%? 80%? 90%?) elemental resist on top of their locational damage resist, and the scaling HP of their helmets.

Blargh.

Yeah we got 2 or 3 Nox spawns... luckily they aren't immune to getting blinded and oneshot with covert letahlity haha.

9 hours ago, modalmojo said:

I tried several frames solo and could not finish it.  A very efficient Radial Blind is not much of help for Excalibur, a mob not affected by your Radial Blind will just come out to oneshot you from behind while you are busy with your finisher.  The damage reduction of your glorious Exalted Blade? Even with a maxed Healing Return with multi-status procs, would not help to gain enough health by attacking the mobs who are constantly firing at you from the front, actually from everywhere depending on your location, again just a mob somewhere around will oneshot you.  

I finally solo'd it with Wukong, with a CC weapon (Lenz), and made it, with just about a hundred kills, no death.  You said you got over 400 kills with Excal?

Ok, here's the vid. This time I did only 283 kills though because my team split up and so did the enemies. But you can still see how easy it is.

This was an easy sortie 3. Went public with Inaros, a Kavat, and hirudo. Pocket sand and frinisher for health. I tanked 3 nox without issue even not pocket sanding. Team was my fiance with a badly modded Ember, who only went down 3 times. A Excal, and a Valkyr. 

2 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Ok, here's the vid. This time I did only 283 kills though because my team split up and so did the enemies. But you can still see how easy it is.

Thanks for the vid, you did play well.  Although it was not solo, I don't think you would have any problem.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:33 PM, Ksaero said:

The only problem would be less enemies :D

Did not look significantly less in your vid.  All of them would be swarming toward you if you are solo, the spawning of life support tower could also be a problem as mentioned.