Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not really looking forward to playing as the operator

Hypernaut1

I've built a connection to my Warframes. Switching the focus to operator warrior mode feels like a bait and switch. I'm not sure how I feel about losing my focus abilities for my warframe. I was kind of hoping that the operators would've stayed as an npc.

This is just me prejudging it though. Hopefully PoE will make those operators more endearing.

Edited by Hypernaut1

What worries me a little is the fact that in the list they showed, the 3 things we need to know, it said that the warrior mode was for POE only (I believe). So that sounds like we get upgrades for the warrior mode which we can only use in the plains which I think kind of defeats the purpose of our Operators even GETTING better armor and such.

1 minute ago, DJ_Vauban said:

What worries me a little is the fact that in the list they showed, the 3 things we need to know, it said that the warrior mode was for POE only (I believe). So that sounds like we get upgrades for the warrior mode which we can only use in the plains which I think kind of defeats the purpose of our Operators even GETTING better armor and such.

They confirmed that Warrior mode will work outside of PoE as well. 

[–]-VOCIVUS- 107 puncte acum 18 ore 

Can "Warrior Mode" Operators be used outside of PoE?

•  

[–]DigitalExtremes[S] 123 de puncte acum 18 ore 

Yes, once you are Upgraded to Warrior there is no going back!

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

They confirmed that Warrior mode will work outside of PoE as well. 

Sure, but will it have any uses? You can use your current operator outside kuva farming, but he has no uses in other missions. What most fear, i think, is will they be used only for fighting the eidolons. If not than they game play needs to change drastically, for us to use the operator mode instead of frames outside of plains.

1 minute ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Sure, but will it have any uses? You can use your current operator outside kuva farming, but he has no uses in other missions. What most fear, i think, is will they be used only for fighting the eidolons. If not than they game play needs to change drastically, for us to use the operator mode instead of frames outside of plains.

We`ll have to wait and see how exactly the'll mature them. Considering that we get armor and focused beam weapons , we might be able to fight with them. As for specific use, excluding Sentients,Shadow stalker and Guardians, they probably won't get much use. 

9 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

DE has said that they have revamped the operators to make them feel like they are actually something more than a npc. IMO, the changes are good but need to keep the original operator. I dont want to lose my operator's hair style.

The thing is.... at this point, I still care more about the warframes than I do the operators.  Whereas it seems like DE is kind of forcing this operator thing on us. I don't dislike operators,  but I was fine when they were basically regulated to a focus menu screen. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The thing is.... at this point, I still care more about the warframes than I do the operators.  Whereas it seems like DE is kind of forcing this operator thing on us. I don't dislike operators,  but I was fine when they were basically regulated to a focus menu screen. 

Okay, so don't use your Operator unless you have to. Problem solved.

4 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

can't we have little faith in DE? z.z

4 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I can't see how they would be useful unless they turn them into mini WFs...almost like Chroma without his pelt. I don't want my WF to feel like just a pelt though

@Hypernaut1, The Sacrifice - according to rumors, theories, and what little we know - might allow us to 'trade in' our average Excalibur and Tenno for Umbra, unless Ballas was referring to Margulis.

Numerous others outright threw themselves out because of Operators, although some hope The Sacrifice would allow their Warframe to actually 'kill' their Operator while keeping the abilities gained from accessing them, somehow.

With the way DE is going, it is uncertain, but regarding their 'maturing', "I expected more!" - Ruk, as in, slightly taller, stronger-looking, less child-like and more like someone who would be seen in the 'frame.

Then again, if the Teralyst/Eidolon killer weaponry/gear has decent stats, maybe the Tenno could become another Warframe - functionally speaking.

That way, The Sacrifice would allow you to permanently be rid of your ugly flesh-thing, though how the Warframe will be able to use their powers will remain unknown until that point.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Extended.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

We`ll have to wait and see how exactly the'll mature them. Considering that we get armor and focused beam weapons , we might be able to fight with them. As for specific use, excluding Sentients,Shadow stalker and Guardians, they probably won't get much use. 

Also what worries me even more is how much content is directed to this warrior mode. Focus, new arcanes and armors/weapons, so it would be a shame that their only use would be for fighting the eidolons. But like you said we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Just seems like a weird thing to complain about.

Not really.

For veteran players, the reason you signed up with the game to begin with is to play warframes and do what they do. Now we have something different and it is somewhat outside the box, kuva missions (which I personally detest) being a case in point.

What DE actually has in mind is still a bit up in the air. We'll see what comes of it, but I can certainly understand concerns.

5 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Hypernaut1, The Sacrifice - according to rumors, theories, and what little we know - might allow us to 'trade in' our average Excalibur and Tenno for Umbra, unless Ballas was referring to Margulis.

Numerous others outright threw themselves out because of Operators, although some hope The Sacrifice would allow their Warframe to actually 'kill' their Operator while keeping the abilities gained from accessing them, somehow.

With the way DE is going, it is uncertain, but regarding their 'maturing', "I expected more!" - Ruk, as in, slightly taller, stronger-looking, less child-like and more like someone who would be seen in the 'frame.

"Killing the operator" seems like a stretch.  

I don't really hate the operators themselves, I just don't want them forced into combat or content focused on them. 

Again,  I haven't played poe so this is just my concerns.  Maybe I'll love it,  I'm not ruling that out. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, PakkiTheDog said:

Also what worries me even more is how much content is directed to this warrior mode. Focus, new arcanes and armors/weapons, so it would be a shame that their only use would be for fighting the eidolons. But like you said we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think the new Focus and the new Arcanes will benefit the Operator solely. He`ll just be their "socket" most likely, they know very well that there would be no point in adding lots of new arcanes and abilities that are tied to something that 99.99% of the game is not used.

Focus was always an Operator thing tho, after all he was the one who'd activate t. 

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is just a theory, but either

1) It's like the Kuva Guardians, so once you, for example, take out the tree "arm" off the Eidelon, you can kill it using your warframe.

2) It's one of your squad use their operator and you, once they've done something, can kill it.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Okay, so don't use your Operator unless you have to. Problem solved.

Operators will be *required* to take down the new giant enemies on the Plains. What key things are going to be locked behind these enemies? New Glass warframe parts? New "required" resources?

It's quite obvious DE is going all in on Operators. And I find that completely unfortunate. 

13 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Or maybe this is like open field when you can test your operator powers and see for the first time his true potential And when you kill the big boss monster you can continue to fight with warrior mod in all other planet's. And the big points for all this that you can choose your play style and playe how you like...

Edited by Vlada91

11 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Then again, if the Teralyst/Eidolon killer weaponry/gear has decent stats, maybe the Tenno could become another Warframe - functionally speaking.

That way, The Sacrifice would allow you to permanently be rid of your ugly flesh-thing, though how the Warframe will be able to use their powers will remain unknown until that point.

Killing the operator is going a little far. I just think the Umbra frames are just frames that think for themselves that, like how we see in the end of "The Second dream", that originated from Orokin binding their minds to the frame. 

14 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Haha to kill operator comon man think. Why DE go in all that troble with improvement the operator if you are going 2 kill him just for 1 frame. Then whats the point??? 😂👏👏👏👏

14 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Not really.

For veteran players, the reason you signed up with the game to begin with is to play warframes and do what they do. Now we have something different and it is somewhat outside the box, kuva missions (which I personally detest) being a case in point.

What DE actually has in mind is still a bit up in the air. We'll see what comes of it, but I can certainly understand concerns.

I play this game because I wanted to kill things, operators will now be better at killing things apparently.

I fail to see any problem with operators.