Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not really looking forward to playing as the operator

Hypernaut1

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

How would y'all feel about a quest mission which involves the Operator clambering around inside the ducts and machinery of the Orbiter, talking to Ordis via headset, holding soldering irons and Allen keys in their teef, fixing the various broken crap and unlocking the elevator to the lower decks? Having to vaporize rogue elements of Helminth which are loose in the pipes, and dodge environmental hazards from broken machinery?

It feels like Firefly. With a dash of "if it is cool it will end too soon".

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Hypernaut1, The Sacrifice - according to rumors, theories, and what little we know - might allow us to 'trade in' our average Excalibur and Tenno for Umbra, unless Ballas was referring to Margulis.

Numerous others outright threw themselves out because of Operators, although some hope The Sacrifice would allow their Warframe to actually 'kill' their Operator while keeping the abilities gained from accessing them, somehow.

With the way DE is going, it is uncertain, but regarding their 'maturing', "I expected more!" - Ruk, as in, slightly taller, stronger-looking, less child-like and more like someone who would be seen in the 'frame.

Then again, if the Teralyst/Eidolon killer weaponry/gear has decent stats, maybe the Tenno could become another Warframe - functionally speaking.

That way, The Sacrifice would allow you to permanently be rid of your ugly flesh-thing, though how the Warframe will be able to use their powers will remain unknown until that point.

That sounds like Edgelord nonsense.

Also the tenno being more frail then the warframe a good thing it keeps this game from being every sci-fi steroids injected space marine game we get almost every year. Its such a overused concept that I'm glad de went with this option.

The genie is out of the bottle. Operators are part of the game. They were part of the lore before they were added to the game and, if I'm correct (I really think I am), they will continue to be fleshed out and used in future parts of the game.

The clothes rending and wailing over the introduction of the Operator, and now with them further adding to and buffing them, is bloody absurd. If you are so against it, stop playing, because there will be more Operator based gameplay. There will be more Archwing. They aren't going to remove a major piece of lore because people whined at them.

I never liked the operators because that ruined my head canon what the operators and warframes. I am still look on these kids as cannon fodders and hopefully I am avoided the meet with them and as much possible I try to keep myself far from them. Partly because the fact we are basically kids and there is no way to be closer to my head canon (adults or young adults) wearing these frames as suits. There is no reason to have genders if these are just robots or unknown beings because the robots and droids can operate very well without distinctive shape.

The original frames were designed to be something similar what the head canons was so pretty much you imagined what you wanted and there are many peoples within the community who thought the same or had different view until they introduced the emo kids. If they in the beginning make the option to create my operator or avatar and that can wear armors or multiple armors have multiple operators then I guess I haven't had any problems to accept them as how they look like but there weren't transition and the major quests are bound to them so you cannot progress toward without making the operator and tolerate their silly designs.

The major problems with them the focus school, repetitive dialogue with no option to say a random sentence or you are not able to ask questions. If they doesn't have voice at all that would have been better because then you just need to choose some of the lines of sentences then you given an answer like how warframes are silent at all. Except valkyr and some others with some sound-voice effects but that is just an extra.

If they let us grow up to at least young adult the operators, make more option to design and customize them, add more voices, hairstyles and face types etc, like in any normal modern mmo game where you can precisely design your avatar then I don't have problem with them but currently they are for me at least very aliens to the game. The story also a tons of band aids and cliches.

Another stuff which would be nice if the operators can be used as warframes to play normal missions but have different mod sets and combos because they are on paper weaker than the warframes so at least they should have their own weapons or the ability to use the weapons what the warframes use. That is not important what happens when the operator die in mission because the revives are typical band aid space magic thingies in any games and the miracles or cloning or android making in the future like in warframe make it no problem to accept it.

I am hoping the eidolons won't be only killable with the operators because if this will be a thing then still the operators no real use beyond killing poor eidolons which is very endangered "in numbers" so we need to save them. "jokes off" and as much I have seen from the video the operators in that mode will be very vulnerable against the grineer hordes like how the mining is a good option to them to backstab us so I am afraid it won't be much likely. Imagine when 30-50 mob at that level attack you while you trying to fight with the eidolons and pretty much you are oneshotted.

So all in all I don't like them still but at least if they can implement some of what I said in this post or just improving them overall to a level where they are not as annoying as they are now then I could give a fair try to them.

11 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I never liked the operators because that ruined my head canon what the operators and warframes. I am still look on these kids as cannon fodders and hopefully I am avoided the meet with them and as much possible I try to keep myself far from them. Partly because the fact we are basically kids and there is no way to be closer to my head canon (adults or young adults) wearing these frames as suits. There is no reason to have genders if these are just robots or unknown beings because the robots and droids can operate very well without distinctive shape.

The original frames were designed to be something similar what the head canons was so pretty much you imagined what you wanted and there are many peoples within the community who thought the same or had different view until they introduced the emo kids. If they in the beginning make the option to create my operator or avatar and that can wear armors or multiple armors have multiple operators then I guess I haven't had any problems to accept them as how they look like but there weren't transition and the major quests are bound to them so you cannot progress toward without making the operator and tolerate their silly designs.

The major problems with them the focus school, repetitive dialogue with no option to say a random sentence or you are not able to ask questions. If they doesn't have voice at all that would have been better because then you just need to choose some of the lines of sentences then you given an answer like how warframes are silent at all. Except valkyr and some others with some sound-voice effects but that is just an extra.

If they let us grow up to at least young adult the operators, make more option to design and customize them, add more voices, hairstyles and face types etc, like in any normal modern mmo game where you can precisely design your avatar then I don't have problem with them but currently they are for me at least very aliens to the game. The story also a tons of band aids and cliches.

Another stuff which would be nice if the operators can be used as warframes to play normal missions but have different mod sets and combos because they are on paper weaker than the warframes so at least they should have their own weapons or the ability to use the weapons what the warframes use. That is not important what happens when the operator die in mission because the revives are typical band aid space magic thingies in any games and the miracles or cloning or android making in the future like in warframe make it no problem to accept it.

I am hoping the eidolons won't be only killable with the operators because if this will be a thing then still the operators no real use beyond killing poor eidolons which is very endangered "in numbers" so we need to save them. "jokes off" and as much I have seen from the video the operators in that mode will be very vulnerable against the grineer hordes like how the mining is a good option to them to backstab us so I am afraid it won't be much likely. Imagine when 30-50 mob at that level attack you while you trying to fight with the eidolons and pretty much you are oneshotted.

So all in all I don't like them still but at least if they can implement some of what I said in this post or just improving them overall to a level where they are not as annoying as they are now then I could give a fair try to them.

This game is not suppose to be based on YOUR head canon. God imagine how bad things would get it they catered to every fan fic ever. So your theory was wrong so what? Were all wrong some times no point being broke up about it. 

And why should it be the same as every Sci-fi ever? God forbid warframe tries to be diffrent and not go for the starship trooper rehash soldier we get in every space faring sci-fi game like doom halo statecraft warhammer 40k dead space etc 

Edited by hazerddex

40 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

The ultimate problem with citing headcanon is: it will nearly always be wrong. DE isn't going to change everything because people imagined something different. They can't develop based on whatever insane things the player base dream up.

In the actual canon, the Operators haven't aged. In the actual canon, they never wore them as suits. A dream is more believable if it matches the real world for the dreamer. We don't have quadruped frames because what "human" walks on 4 legs. We don't have multiple sets of arms because the Operators are not Goro.

People cannot hold DE responsible for not catering to their headcanon when the same people seem to go out of their way to not interact with the actual canon of the game.

Edited by peterc3
Missing word

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Hypernaut1, The Sacrifice - according to rumors, theories, and what little we know - might allow us to 'trade in' our average Excalibur and Tenno for Umbra, unless Ballas was referring to Margulis.

Numerous others outright threw themselves out because of Operators, although some hope The Sacrifice would allow their Warframe to actually 'kill' their Operator while keeping the abilities gained from accessing them, somehow.

With the way DE is going, it is uncertain, but regarding their 'maturing', "I expected more!" - Ruk, as in, slightly taller, stronger-looking, less child-like and more like someone who would be seen in the 'frame.

Then again, if the Teralyst/Eidolon killer weaponry/gear has decent stats, maybe the Tenno could become another Warframe - functionally speaking.

That way, The Sacrifice would allow you to permanently be rid of your ugly flesh-thing, though how the Warframe will be able to use their powers will remain unknown until that point.

I think it's silly to think DE would be this stupid. To elaborate the rumor - DE will design a whole new progression system, whole new equipment and skills system for the tenno, bosses that require the tenno to kill, only to have you commit tenno suicide for the most hyped after warframe in the entire game. Sounds like a ton of wasted effort and resources to me. Nah.

Ballas' words are referring to the fact that all warframes are created from living things. It's a hint on what we'll get to learn in Sacrifice, the end of this cinematic quest trilogy. And maybe... just maybe... someone else has figured out how to create warframes. And instead of creating the pure, gold-plated white Orokin warframes, they're creating dark ones. Maybe umbras exist as an opposition to primes (because the prime system will collapse on itself, it's not sustainable in the much longer run).

I don't think the tenno is going to die, because in this game, without the tenno, the warframe isn't moving. Before you do the Second Dream and realize you're actually the tenno, you still are that little emo kid. But he/she is still sleeping. Just because you wake up doesn't mean you weren't there while you were asleep. 

Umbras may require sacrificing warframes, but the tenno lives. That's just how it's gonna be. 

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

This game is not suppose to be based on YOUR head canon. God imagine how bad things would get it they catered to every fan fic ever. So your theory was wrong so what? Were all wrong some times no point being broke up about it. 

And why should it be the same as every Sci-fi ever? God forbid warframe tries to be diffrent and not go for the starship trooper rehash soldier we get in every space faring sci-fi game like doom halo statecraft warhammer 40k dead space etc 

Of course it is not that is why many peoples leave a game if that turning into something what they doesn't like. I am like the game as a whole but I have less likely parts of this game and the operators are. I partly agree on with you about not all scifi should be the same but this story was told already many times like the other options just the DE took a less popular theme and idea to altering the game so they choosed the kids whom controlling the frames.

Not differ from anything because in books and in some video games already used the kids as dreamers and the controllers of something. For Example the Ender's Game is typically a similar story but with differences aswell.

I can accept them only if they altering them into something useful and less annoying. Nobody handles equal a part of the game and noone should like everything we are different and my opinion is my opinion about this you can agree with it or not it is not matter I just said I don't like the whole operator idea so I am avoiding. 

8 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The ultimate problem with citing headcanon is: it will nearly always be wrong. DE isn't going to change everything because people imagined something different. They can't develop based on whatever insane things the player base dream up.

In the actual canon, the Operators haven't aged. In the actual canon, they never wore them as suits. A dream is more believable if it matches the real world for the dreamer. We don't have quadruped frames because what "human" walks on 4 legs. We don't have multiple sets of arms because the Operators are not Goro.

People cannot hold DE responsible for not catering to their headcanon when the same people seem to go out of their way to interact with the actual canon of the game.

The head canons are always come up when a game have no solid story and let the player to use their imagination. Warframe was this in the beginning until it changed. Of course DE won't change just because others doesn't like what they made and it is natural noone forced them to drop the operators because everything what humans made always be liked or hated in both time by others so you cannot make anything which is everybody's love.

The operators now the actual canon but I don't need to deal with them or accept them but they choosed the way to force players to use them because they made the stories around them so you cannot avoid them completely so basically it is a hard point which can make it troubles later but the majority of players like shiny things and accepting everything what the game offer with no doubts.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I've built a connection to my Warframes. Switching the focus to operators warrior mode feels like a bait and switch. I'm not sure how I feel about losing my focus abilities for my warframe. I wad kind of hoping that the operators would've stayed as an npc.

This is just me prejudging it though. Hopefully PoE will make those operators more endearing.

DE ran out of way to monetize the Warframes, they even did things they said they were never going to. I remember when the syandanas first came out they said no capes and now everything is a cape.

So their next big money thing are the tenno. Im sure there's going to be endless armors that you can buy to make your tenno look good.

I really hope there's a good lore explanation for this (there isnt going to be one) because the story of the tenno is being kept in a box playing a real life video game. Now they are suddenly warriors that are going to actually go out and fight themselves?

5 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I really hope there's a good lore explanation for this (there isnt going to be one) because the story of the tenno is being kept in a box playing a real life video game. Now they are suddenly warriors that are going to actually go out and fight themselves?

There will, hopefully in the new quest for Glass (Placeholder name, not actual)

Edited by EndermanBeast

Personally I have no problem with the operators turn into something more useful. I hope they will make them more viable and give them more uses beyond the quests and kuva farming because they can be almost warframes with their limits but yet useful. I would like to use my weapons what I am using with my warframes and I would like more customization options also for the operators.

7 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The Sacrifice - according to rumors, theories, and what little we know - might allow us to 'trade in' our average Excalibur and Tenno for Umbra

Can we please stop spreading this BS rumor already? It isn't a theory at all, it's just complete speculation. There is no way DE is going to give up an entire system they're currently expanding just for the sake of using one reskinned Warframe.

5 minutes ago, Kilrane said:

That was your extrapolation of my point and not the point itself.

and how does what you said disprove my point?

kids can be Ninjas infact often times if your going by history Kids were used as assassins in less modern times. your less likely to suspect a kid as a assassin or spy then an adult.

also there warframes aren't at all like ninjas as there powers are more like somthing a frontline soldier like a samurai would have. with the exeption of ash prime loki and ivara and again child soldiers do exist.

and being tall is less good then short when your sneaking 

Edited by hazerddex

8 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

and how does what you said disprove my point?

kids can be Ninjas infact often times if your going by history Kids were used as assassins in less modern times. your less likely to suspect a kid as a assassin or spy then an adult.

also there warframes aren't at all like ninjas as there powers are more like somthing a frontline soldier like a samurai would have. with the exeption of ash prime loki and ivara and again child soldiers do exist.

and being tall is less good then short when your sneaking 

I don't have to disprove anything. This strange nerve I struck with you isn't the topic of the thread so peace out. 

I generally don't post on the forums but I have been supporting this game substantially over the years.

There is a reason why almost no game lets you kill/hurt children, the operator as someone who fights and gets hurt is a very bad idea in the long run. The day I am forced to fight bosses as a child is the last day I will play ( and pay for ) this game.

@LazerSkink, The only reason I raised 'this BS rumor' about (The Sacrifice and) the option of pulling a Stalker/Rell and putting our Operator's mind into a Warframe (killing the Operator in the process, but keeping their power) was because there are actually people out there that want to be rid of them.

To me, however, the only logical route, more likely, is that it would be the Warframe (Excalibur) being traded out in some manner for Umbra. I would expect the same kind of outcome for every Umbra from that point on, with a quest tied to the exchange.

As for the Operators - the mind, the Tenno, my personal stance on Tenno as of this point is as follows:
Note that most of these are things I'd like to see.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1: Re-enable the option to carry objective objects (power cells, datamass) and keep it on you even if you aren't out of frame. This would give them utility for those who want it. Could be even barred by an Arcane if they so will it.
2: Grant Tenno the ability to wield a Warframe's sidearm (but only one; if it's akimbo, half clip and fire rate, double reload speed).
3: Given the Focus Rework, I'm expecting passives to benefit the Tenno as well.
4: Hopefully, the Arcanes for Tenno will expand energy capacity. Can't have enough of that.
5: Maybe a Tenno Arcane in the future, but the optional ability to turn the Warframe into a specter who draws fire for you, but not enough to get rekt, would help expand the option for decoy gameplay (i.e: Chroma dumps Pelt, flees, Nekros drops Shadows, flees, Loki places a decoy, goes invis). Activated via interaction so it doesn't mess up your Tenno-only spy missions if you ever do those.
6: The ability for your current Warframe's mods and stats to lightly influence the Tenno's - one way they could've easily improved survivability beyond the 5th point.
7: Maybe at some point bring some elements of Parkour 1.0 (wall-running, for instance) into play to help getting around without having to Void-dash.
8: Somehow, someway, a means to add a few powers, based on the Focus School of your choice, to expand options for when you want/need to go Tenno on it.

Also, it would be nice if there was written lore somewhere - like the Codex - that became unlocked as soon as War Within is completed (because you'd have to go to the Codex as 'yourself' - the Tenno - to let it allow access) that helped elaborate as to how or why the Orokin were so greedy, how the Grineer built, some confirmation about Margulis (and Teshin, and the Queens' relation to them and us), and - after completing Octavia's Anthem - another hint as to what caused the Sentients to be Sentient in the first place from Hunhow Memory Fragments.

Summary:

Spoiler

-Let Tenno use Sidearms - or even equip one - as their primaries, with unlimited ammo at a cost of an energy drain upon reload.
-Let Tenno carry objects - like Power Cells, Datamass, and fuel cells, in their Warframes again. Was it really that good?
-Let Tenno point the Warframe around (second Gear wheel limited to Scanners, pizzas, Ciphers, and glyph projector, with half of it covered with an array of 'Warframe Orders'.
Orders include: Wake/Sleep (activates Specter status on Warframe), Attack attacked target (next beam attack marks enemy), Follow/Wait (same as Specter/Syndicate Support).
-Let Tenno be able to be influenced by Warframe (mods, stats, Aura are passed onto the Tenno, but all save for the Aura mod are scaled down to conserve the 'mind' variable the Tenno represent; the Warframes represent the 'matter' variable).
-Let Tenno roll and slide, running won't always help. 

Also, whoever's headcanon thought there were actual people in the Warframe and still hasn't played Second Dream may have a hard time sustaining that ever since 'frames like Inaros, Titania, Nidus, and Octavia came along, though Harrow looks anatomically sound.

On a sideways note, it should be said that there deserves to be at least one Prime-frame that has no non-Prime counterpart (perhaps a variant of, say, Chroma, because of his Conculyst pelt, since that is rather straightforward).

Unless Operators are significantly buffed, I don't see any point at all.
At present moment, they cant even survive a single shot in a tier 1 sortie or even scratch the paint on Grineer.
If DE wants to go warrior, they have to make Operators good enough to at least do something in high level missions and not die to a stiff breeze due to a Corpus tech farting in their direction with his supra.  

But here is the thing, if Operators are super warriors, then what is the point of the Warframe if they can already do all that ?
I mean I can totally accept the fact that they are frail but chosen humans that have a gift.

But now making them stronger and calling them warriors ? It is like DE is pushing for the narrative that the Operators are ubermensch with the cool ability to pilot awesome power armor. That is so cliche.

I sometimes wonder if the operators would have been more broadly accepted if they were visually adults in figure?  Certainly, they're tall enough (or our Warframe's are really short) to suggest mid teens at the youngest, yet they have the bodies of 12 year olds.

I honestly don't see a problem with being given more reasons to play as the operator.  I just want them to not feel clunky, slow and weak.  And have more decent hairstyles.  FULL heads of hair to be specific.

Edited by Littleman88