Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prime package proposal

SpiritRetro

i love ivara and would love ivara prime, in addition there are a few weapons i adore and would also love prime versions of so her eis my proposal for ivara prime and her complimentary weapons:

Ivara prime itself:

standard prime boost's but has a passive ability that grants a form of camoflage instead of the radar thing, this ability would kick in when moving slowly or immobile for a while and increases damage accuracy and crit chance for any weapon/attack that is used, this ability allows for a single attack to be made while in camo wihtout brekaing the stealth regardless of noise level after which another attack break the camo as normal.

the general theme of the ivara prime bundle is extending the warframes abilities through the weaponry

complimentary weapons - i have a few primarys i love so this will be a list of options.

(previous ideas put into a spoiler frame to make room for new suggestions)

Spoiler

opticore prime:

my absolute fave, high damage high accuracy and perfect when hushed for ivara stealth builds, i would be more than happy with an opticore prime that was merely silenced and had polarities already, but for the gimmick thing DE has been going for lately i would like to propose a mode switch like the stradvara, the ability to switch iot form a snipe lazer balst to a sustained wave of plasmatic fire in a wide arc reaching like 5 meters or somehting, this mode would deal fire damage and would be designed specifically for use against the ifnested (i imagine it as the oriokins anwser to the infested and their overrunning habits).

ferrox prime

my vision for the ferrox prime is inspired in part by harrow, this version of ferrox has the standard liteny of prime buffs (*or not, their choice atferall) and would have a subdued level of nboise, alerting only nearby enemies.

the main feature of this i am a bit split with i have 2 ideas..

idea 1:

the throw instead of dealing damage take son ther attributes of whatever ability you ahve selected modified by the types, so if its a self only, it bestows in an area, if its a area ability it sustains it for free for a while with damaging abilites following the same suite, this can either be on cooldown like normal abilities with some sort of grpahic/sound combo to alert when its recharged, or it can only be possible if you ahve energy at which point its just a standard throw and tether.

idea 2:

this idea revolves around the warframe using the ferrox prime as a medium to empower their abilities, instead of throwing altogether the warframe would channel their abilities through the scepter and sue the ammo to enhance  the effects, so things like prowl would use no energy but only while ammo lasts at which point prowl uses energy like normal or the scepter invoke simply turns off when ammo runs out. if its a damaging abilty then it would be fired out through the main gun taking endowing the main attacks with the ability (would use energy as normal but have additional effects) if its a area efect like ivaras bubble invis then the staff would be embedded into the ground and draw on both ammo and energy to sustain it, when 1 runs out the effect ends.

melee

dark dagger prime

standard prime boosts but cannot use covert lethality.

the dagger would use a variant of coivert lethality where it adds 90 damage (30 for each physical type) to the dagger's attacks and applies to mods like pressure point when calculating the damage bonus,

sacrifices gleaming blight to accumulate a new resource which the dark dagger uses to fuel abilities instead of energy, but can only be used when the darkk is the active weapon

New from suggestions:

Attica Prime - this is based on the idea of ivara being an archer frame, BUT since we have a lot fo bow primes already it was suggested that we get a crossbow prime instead, i love this idea and would very much support this.

Personally i rarely use the atticas full auto so i would love a mode switchsecondary fire like the stradsvara that switches between a semi auto sniping mode and a full auto mode

Dagger prime - a common consensus on the melee wepaon being a dagger, however it was suggested that ivara gets a dagger specifically intended for her, i hyave found the selection of daggers quite limited so i would be more than happy to support a new type fo dagger especially if its going to be for ivara.

to that end i would like to suggest that this dagger improves/ extends stealth/invisbility some how

Edited by AmatsukamiMeibatsu

Survival AFK prime is not due to another year, and....
Ivara with Opticor - 10/10 follows the theme of the Archer frame. 
Not to mention that Opticor is Corpus tech (the lore is shaky, but not that shaky) and Dark Dagger?  Can we have a Sheev Prime that can't use CL by the same reasoning?

First off, the suggested passive would be a rework that gets rid of her prowl. Second, why would an archer/stealth frame be released with weapons like a laser beam? The Dark Dagger Prime sounds like a good idea, but the lack of Covert Lethality makes no sense. That mod applies to the single dagger class, would the prime be treated as its own class then? A throwing dagger class? What do you mean by

15 minutes ago, AmatsukamiMeibatsu said:

the general theme of the ivara prime bundle is extending the warframes abilities through the weaponry

Is it what Banshee does? Having abilities that focus more on using weapons than abilities? That would make it Banshee Prime, but with arrows, and other projectile based weapons. Other than that, it would be interesting to have more frames with a trigger to their 'passive,' like Octavia and Limbo. 

Second, you do realize that Corpus have their own variant of prime weapons, right? They're Vandal weapons. The only exception being Carrier Prime, but there is the whole Corpus borrowing tech from the Orokin excuse, but the Tenno spear-gun is the closet to an orokin spear-gun in game*, so the only thing that would make sense would be a Scourge Prime, and a Ferrox Vandal. Opticor Prime would probably find its way, but with a different frame. Besides, historically, hunters used spears, so a prime spear-gun would make more sense than a laser rifle. We already have two Prime bows, and one prime crossbow secondary, so Ivara should probably start making it own type of secondary, perhaps a class of hybrid primary weapons?

*side note, will the infested have their own Prime/Wraith/Vandal variant? Not Mutualist, since that is its own category, but Leech? Techno? Nano?

so as far as the CL thing its because it has the mod built into the weapon as a passive but wiht slightly differant emchanics, and as far as the whole corpus tech thing, i did not knwo that the vandal weapons were corpus primes.

as for my reaosnng for lazer stuff.... i... its right there,. those are my fav weapons plus, have you tried it? opticore and ferrox are god #@mned amazing with ivara, opticore damage build (got ym build to about 21k) add rpowl headshot boost,e, achance it with the crits and weakpoint bonus, thats a massive amount of bonus damage plus the fact that opticor attacks hit isntantly is pretty good too no need to lead the target

and the extending the abilities thing is more around granting the abilities more flexabilities in their applications, in this case rather than being frame specific its the weapons that extend the abilities

Edited by AmatsukamiMeibatsu

2 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

Carrier Prime

You mean Helios Prime.

On your sub-topic, Corpus could always do with the comeback of the Corpus Braton as an alternative weapon for Crewmen, as to add variety.

Regarding Ivara, if/when she goes Prime:
Ferrox is another Primary weapon. Opticor is a primary weapon already. Both are Corpus armaments.

Regarding Prime bows, we already have Paris, Cernos, Ballistica Primes, so how about we go with a Prime crossbow to add to the collection?

And while we're at it, we should go with Castanas Prime, because Ivara likes setting up traps to lure out the rich, yes?

Just now, AmatsukamiMeibatsu said:

attica prime version would be AWSOME

This would replace the mistake of an Opticor and Ferrox, as they cannot and will never fit in with Primes; maybe among Vandals, yes, but Primes? Never.
Attica and: Castanas +/OR (A)Furis Prime would be valid weapons for Ivara Prime.

1 hour ago, AmatsukamiMeibatsu said:

standard prime boost's but has a passive ability that grants a form of camoflage instead of the radar thing, this ability would kick in when moving slowly or immobile for a while and increases damage accuracy and crit chance for any weapon/attack that is used, this ability allows for a single attack to be made while in camo wihtout brekaing the stealth regardless of noise level after which another attack break the camo as normal.

Going to focus on this bit.

Primes do not change how the frame works, they do not change how the powers work.

Primes are 95% cosmetic, with a few minor stat boosts and a few built-in polarities. Nothing more, nothing less.

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Survival AFK prime is not due to another year, and....

That's Octavia.  It takes some work for Ivara as she has to constantly kill to keep her energy up for Prowl.  

Now OP, Here's all that is needed for Ivara Prime Acess:

Ivara Prime-  Don't change her passive from enemy radar.  Maybe a few stat boosts.  The real draw will be how they make her look.

Daikyu Prime-  This should have been here instead of that BS Cernos Prime.  Also the Daikyu Prime fits her theme so perfectly.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.  Correction, a syandana that doesn't cover Dat Azz.  :D

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's Octavia.  It takes some work for Ivara as she has to constantly kill to keep her energy up for Prowl.  

Now OP, Here's all that is needed for Ivara Prime Acess:

Ivara Prime-  Don't change her passive from enemy radar.  Maybe a few stat boosts.  The real draw will be how they make her look.

Daikyu Prime-  This should have been here instead of that BS Cernos Prime.  Also the Daikyu Prime fits her theme so perfectly.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.  Correction, a syandana that doesn't cover Dat Azz.  :D

lol xD

9 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

You mean Helios Prime.

On your sub-topic, Corpus could always do with the comeback of the Corpus Braton as an alternative weapon for Crewmen, as to add variety.

Regarding Ivara, if/when she goes Prime:
Ferrox is another Primary weapon. Opticor is a primary weapon already. Both are Corpus armaments.

Regarding Prime bows, we already have Paris, Cernos, Ballistica Primes, so how about we go with a Prime crossbow to add to the collection?

And while we're at it, we should go with Castanas Prime, because Ivara likes setting up traps to lure out the rich, yes?

Yeah, Helios Prime. Carrier was the first thing that came to mind.

I would have thought maybe Talons Prime, but Castanas does make sense, giving the Sancti class of weapons having prime counterparts, and adding to our list of side-grades/upgrades. We already have Prime/Telos Boltor, Prime/Sancti Tigris, Prime/Rakta Cernos and Ballistica, now we just need one more variant for Castanas, then Red Veil and New Loka would be tied. We'd also need a Prime Boltace, but that's probably for a different frame

Opticor Prime - DEFINITELY doesn't fit the archer frame that Ivara is.

Ferrox Prime - Isn't Ferrox a Corpus design? + We would need a bow prime to suit Ivara

Dark Dagger Prime - Another dagger instead? I just feel that Ivara would have a separate dagger that is for her and her only, kinda like how Euphonia Prime is for Banshee Prime/ says it is in its description. Just saying.

Edited by EndermanBeast
Added some notes

Having replayed with daikyu i have come to the conclusion that a daikyu prime geared as a true sniper bow for icara would be supremly awsome.

Def give it faster draw/charge time.

But what i would want the most is for it to have some sort of armour/shield ignore mechanic if your in stealth/unseen to fit in with the whole sniping thing.

Aesthetically id like it to look simmilar to cernos prime absolutely fab design that thing but with the splitshot thing, but theres a particular thing i want.

Id like it to have some sort of alt fire like i dunno some sort of proximitry explosive or something or maybe an extra large arrow that ignores a % of resistence