Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support your team and fill your role, especially in a hard mission

BoomyGordo

Today's sortie included a defense with enemies having increased puncture damage and huge resistance to physical damage. This meant they did a lot more damage to everything and as a result we had a 10 wave defense where the enemies could easily squad wipe you and the objective.

Spoiler

fybtB6Z.png

in this game i was titania with a glass cannon build. we had a frost though i cant remember who it was, i dont know what the other frame was, and 3 was a trinity. You can see i carried the team since my build let me kill them in 1-2 shots each. Everyone else went down a lot but i focused on keeping the hoards at bay. I noticed that 3 would only use blessing right before she was about to go down, the rest of the time she tried killing things and occasionally used EV on enemies. I said "just spam ev and blessing" since that would help everyone stay alive and make things go much smoother. she said "no".

I went down a few times and everyone else on the team went down alot more but we managed to beat the mission. so please, If you join a game as a support frame, and see that the others have damage but cant stay alive.. please keep them alive, don't ignore your frames abilities and try and do damage.

and for the love of the void, if you join a pug dont ignore your team mates and treat it like a solo game.

Just now, Stoner74 said:

That's a lot to ask for public games but I agree. 

Tbh, always go in pugs expecting to carry. That way you won't get frustrated as easily. 

i dont mind carrying, the frost was doing amazingly, just couldnt keep up with the damage the enemies were doing. the thing that got me is that while im hard carrying 3 told me "thanks for helping revive"

7 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Could you tell us the MR of these players? They could be newbies for all we know.

MR means nothing. There are plenty of skilled players that don't go past a certain point because they already unlocked all available content that isn't a riven. I've also run into my share of MR 20+ that still don't know how to mod weapons.

The new trend is to go in sorties and lvl gear... "What?! There will always be a "stupid" player to carry the whole team, no?" 
Happened to me too often... Same for kuva flood. Snowflakes! And the "trend" is for high MR players (over 20).

Edited by DualParadox

27 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Do you really think that people that perform like shown in your OP will care enough to go down to the forums and stop leeching?
*EV LF Bere*

nah they wont. but the thing that really sparked this thread is them trying to call me out for not "helping revive" when i was carrying

There really isn't much you can do about this. People will always have their own playstyle, wont cooperate, or whatever else you want to call it. You can tell them to play differently but as long as they're getting the job done it doesn't really matter.

When they're NOT getting the job done though, it becomes a real problem. Like this. And taking the time to explain why it would really help is, well, time consuming. 

I had a spy mission where a guy just did not know how to do spy missions. It could be that they just don't know how the game works, or what they can do to help, but that's extremely unlikely considering they just flat out said no to you. 

I don't mind carrying the team if they're actively trying to contribute to the mission. I can easily plow through almost every mission just by playing Nidus. However, when I see people obviously leeching by hiding in corners or permanently invisible while doing nothing to complete the objective (ex. Ivara wandering around the interception map in perma prowl doing nothing), I just leave and bid the rest of the team good luck.

I really wish DE would give us an ingame report feature, so I can report leeches. Normally I don't take the issue seriously, not unless its in sortie missions where the enemies are tougher than usual.

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

I just leave and bid the rest of the team good luck.

i was tempted to do this. there were only 3 waves left and if i had left they would have had no chance of completeing the mission. still that would have been a **** move to the other two who were actually trying to help and participate so i didnt

giphy.gif

Let me tell you about a infamous creature called "Randoms".

It's horrible, it's a living nightmare, it's absolutely reckless and brutal, it's...

.. it's...

...it should be expected. Seriously. If you join a PUG and expect them to be a bunch of professional mass murderers who are fighting for the greater good or whatever you want to call it, then I'm afraid your dream must come to an end.

But sarcasm aside, you just can't expect everyone to do as you wish. Some people will be glad to work with a team and succeed together, others, however, as my Fallout 4 Character would say, "I'm on my own side, Garvey", will just be in it only for themselves. You just gotta deal with it, or find another group.

You expecting WAY too much out of Public. (Sortie Even).             Co-Op Games suffer this too!

Note: Sortie Spy would mean you are likely to carry, or one of the four is going to trigger timer.

@--Laughing-Soul--

Since 2015, Draco Ceres Interception even.

DE did try to solve the Leeching issues but that not simple.

Eh, just got out of Sortie 2, 10 Wave Defense. 

Wave 5, Host Disconnect, (Saryn, and Trin left). Leaving with Chroma, and Inaros (Chosed to, sort of Health, but enough Enemies, and you go down).

Yes it just happened  just now as the time finished typing this word.

If you are tired, of dealing with Public Randoms, that 50/50 Good, Bad, and ???? You are not forced to go Public.

Optimally, Go FriendsOnly/InvitesOnly/SOLO for Plains.                  "Go at your own pace".

Edited by DesFrSpace

I wish more folks in pugs understood what the conditions actually mean, and geared themselves as best they can to negate the conditions.

To use the mission in OP's post as an example, when I saw Enemy Physical Enhancement with Puncture damage, I knew that A) I should bring a loadout of pure elemental weapons, and B) I should bring a Frame that doesn't really on armor/health to stay alive, since Puncture shreds our armor pretty well. So I brought Arca Plasmor and Zenistar (can't remember my secondary, never had to use it), along with Zephyr for high shields (which resist Puncture), Turbulence to ignore most of what the Grineer could shoot at me, and Tornado (with the Augment) to spread Corrosive, Viral, and Radiation procs around.

Whenever I see a full loadout of IPS weaponry in Enemy Physical Enhancement, I groan.

3 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

That's a lot to ask for public games but I agree. 

Tbh, always go in pugs expecting to carry. That way you won't get frustrated as easily. 

This is the exact reason I went into todays sortie defense as Titania instead of my usual high duration Cloak Arrow Ivara build.  I saw the "huge resistance to physical damage" message for the mission, and just knew there would be some that wouldn't have the right gear to kill the enemies fast enough.  I'm glad I did.  

5 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

0601_humblebrag.png

Do you really think that people that perform like shown in your OP will care enough to go down to the forums and stop leeching?
*EV LF Bere*

^this. It doesn't impress me when someone is obsessed with the scoreboard in a COOP VERSUS BOTS game that rewards your ability to contribute to said board by simply playing for a long time, amassing a bunch of resources by walking over them, and modding your gear in a menu. That's not skill, that's just time investment.

and anyways, if you go into any kind of public event with randoms expecting to rely on anyone to pick up any kind of slack on your part, that's entirely on you. I go into every mission prepared to solo carry, then sit back and relax as I let my team fight each other for top damage on the scoreboard.

Edited by Legion-Shields

7 hours ago, SurrealEdge said:

MR means nothing. There are plenty of skilled players that don't go past a certain point because they already unlocked all available content that isn't a riven. I've also run into my share of MR 20+ that still don't know how to mod weapons.

That's REAAAAAALLY stretching it though. It's more likely that a low-MR is low-MR because they're just new.