Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes vs Prestige

CptMeep

Question

I've presented my self with a question I couldn't answer; Are Primes better than a prestige 1 regular of the same frame? example; Ash Prime versus Ash prestige 1, which one is better, Double mod capacity or higher stats? I asked myself this because I was wanting to know if Ash prime or Rhino prime was worth replacing the regulars, Ash is my prestige warframe so that's where the question came. So let's say I've already gone through the stalker 2 hunting squads, and a nightmare 20 jackal at the same time and back no revives,  to get all the parts for the prime parts fast forward a year and a half for Ordis my good ol' chum to build the thing, is it worth replacing my prestige 1 Ash?

9 answers to this question

I assume by "prestige" you mean forma.

95% of the time, a Prime piece of gear is going to be stronger than the non-Prime version. This varies of course; Fang-->Fang Prime is a tiny buff, Sybaris-->Sybaris Prime is a large buff. A max formaed non-Prime will likely be better than a Prime piece of gear due to being able to fit more mods, but you can always just forma the Prime piece of gear.

By virtue of having higher base stats, Primes will almost always be more useful in higher levels, even if only marginally. I would highly recommend getting a Reactor for Prime frames and upgrading to them when you can.

13 minutes ago, CptMeep said:

I've presented my self with a question I couldn't answer; Are Primes better than a prestige 1 regular of the same frame? example; Ash Prime versus Ash prestige 1, which one is better, Double mod capacity or higher stats? I asked myself this because I was wanting to know if Ash prime or Rhino prime was worth replacing the regulars, Ash is my prestige warframe so that's where the question came. So let's say I've already gone through the stalker 2 hunting squads, and a nightmare 20 jackal at the same time and back no revives,  to get all the parts for the prime parts fast forward a year and a half for Ordis my good ol' chum to build the thing, is it worth replacing my prestige 1 Ash?

By "prestige #" I assume you mean the number of forma you've installed on the frames? Because if so, you're misunderstanding what formas and primes actually do

Formas change the number of mods you can install on a frame. Nothing more, nothing less

Primes have better base stats, assuming all mods are equal

Clarification: There is no such thing as 'Prestige'. The word has no connection anywhere beyond Frohd Bek's Ambulas adverts.
You must be referring to the fact that you polarized (added a icon to) a mod slot on Ash, which only halves the mod's capacity requirement to be installed. It does not buff the item said Forma is installed on.

Primes have superior innate stats, better looks (depending on the frame), a Void-related passive (250 energy when in melee range of a Death Orb - those golden spherical-ish cube trap things), and (if they're not vaulted) are, sometimes, easier to acquire (such as Vauban Prime). Prime weapons are often even better when their stats are involved.

Also Ash and Rhino Primes are both Vaulted, their Relics will not drop and can only be gotten via Trade Chat if you're willing to sell other Prime Parts you've been getting from Fissures to get Plat to get them.

Consider looking for a different Prime than the ones you said, due to this addendum. Good news is that they may get unvaulted in the future.

In summary: You mean 1 Forma'd Ash. Ash Prime has superior innate stats but he and numerous others such as Rhino Prime are Vaulted, so you'll have to shift your 'Prime targets' until they get unvaulted or you find a trade opportunity.

I don't know.

the-prestige-cover.jpg

Prestige is one of the better Nolan movies, imho. Also's got one of the rare Bowie acting roles.

But hey, Prime has got Maryl Streep. She must be worth something.

v1.bTsxMTIwMzgyMTtqOzE3NTQ0OzEyMDA7MTE4O

Oh and if the question was "1-forma Ash versus Ash Prime", just put a forma on your Ash Prime if you need. But that's a question so simple to answer that I can't think OP started a thread to hear the obvious being repeated by everyone.