Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So hard for me to scam people these days

Olga

8 minutes ago, kyori said:

It just shows that now WM is the place that dictate how much something is worth in the game.... as in people will check there first.

Yes and no. You can find all kind of prices in the game chat and prices on the market are average. It's worth using only if you don't really care about the price and want to just buy or sell x. It doesn't mean that everyone will agree with those prices, especially when it comes to really expensive stuff which is actually minority of the deals.

Plus it's def better than some new players going in and buying some crp like vaulted sets for 500-1000p. Even if it's kinda funny when people say "but mah wf market - it says that x costs y (menaing they don't want to sell for less)" but they soon find out that if that is so, people won't bother with them. Like seriously you think you're the only one that knows about wf market? And if x costs y there, why bother with you in the trade chat in the first place?

Edited by -Temp0-

I can imagine the situation because that person was new and you tried to tell him that 100 plat ammo drum was a troll. Most peoples not aware of the scam thingies but if you begin with an explanation that common mods cost, uncommon mods cost, rare mods cost etc then you could easier convice him that what you said is right and you don't wanted to scam him. Also not sure what you wanted to give him but better for you not did it.

Peoples whom new to the game and have no idea what is what for those peoples you should link a wiki to be clarify those things.

33 minutes ago, DasHurz said:

I've had something similar happen to me in another game, don't really remember where. It's a bit frustrating, you try to be nice, but at the same time you can't really blame people for being extra careful. Still a shame ><

Well you don't really have to be that nice. Especially when no one asked for this so it ame out of nowhere.

It's one thing if someone will ask for some mod like streamline and you can basically gift it instead of taking those 5p it costs. Or something like this. But just going around and offering stuff is like.. why. At worst it will make another person feel like he owes you something.

OK that's golden lol

Remind me the time I was hosting a relic share... A new player asked me If he had to have the relic to participate.

Told him that was what "RadShare" means... Dude proceded to say he was a new player, didn't knew what the chat language means and that I was a &#036;&amp;*^... WTF?! LoL

You should have let his Nick show. Someone could just go to him and explain a few things before he end up actually believing warframe market word is rule... And actually get skammed 100pl on ammo drum 😂

Edited by LuLu_HoHo

6 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

I gotta know...What were you giving this player?

6 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

Me too

It was a Carrier, at that moment the price was 50-55p, now it's a bit more.

I agree with one of the Tenno here that maybe I shouldn't have done that, as even in the best case it looked a bit condescending. It's just he was asking for a discount, I checked his profile quickly, and suddenly recalled how poor I was myself, selling those hard-earned cheap mods, running out of trades, etc. Remembered how I was saving penny by penny to buy the stuff I really wanted. 

I always try to make it sound as more of a Warframe thing though, not mine. Like — "welcome to the game".

Actually, I met one of my good friends, ign Danimalegeb this way. I rolled a very (very) good Sonicor riven for myself (usually am quite unlucky), and then received his unrelated WTB from W.M.

What happened next was hilarious, literally pure comedy.

Being in a great mood, I said — you know what, I just struck gold, rolled a great Soni riven, almost max multishot & dmg, with the zoom curse (linked it), and want to do something nice. Take this stuff for free (about 40p worth), think of it as my sacrifice to RNGesus.

What I didn't know is that Dani is from China, with very limited English (which is much better now btw). He switches regions from time to time.

The following couple of minutes was a linguistic circus. He had all sorts of theories, including that I'm trying to sell him the damn riven and such, but NOT that I'm giving what he wants for free.

At the moment he was poor, and when he understood it (and that I'm not doing it for my ego), he sorta lightened up. Saying that it's good to finally be surprised in a good way for a change etc.

We talked a bit about sharing, greed, etc. The fact that is was all done in most simple English we both can understand added some additional comedy bits to the dialog. Like "Greed bad. You good. No you good. Good game. We fun. We play?".

...But what he doesn't know is — that it's all been a long con. All these long months I was actually planning to rob him of an Ammo Drum, or maybe even two. Muahahaha! One day they will be mine!

Edited by Olga
typos

@Olga

Let no good deed go unpunished, eh?

Here's the thing on having reduced the price to free... Stuff like that balances your karma and, ideally, gets paid forward at some point. Responses like the one you got just assert that they weren't worthy of the gift to begin with. Don't let that keep you from doing good deeds in the future. 

Oops, maybe i should stop confusing new players with ridiculous prices on Warframe Market?

Spoiler

Nah, it's just too funny. Check the newest Ammo Drum price on Warframe Market in 2 days.

Spoiler

1000p is a reasonable offer in my opinion! :P

Edited by Sarcasm4Free
Spelling