Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't health orbs drop normally from enemies too? [Edit:1]

Dyxis

This is something that bugged ever since I started playing WF. Energy orbs drop from enemies because most WFs don't have a reliable way recuperate energy so dropping from enemies is a natural way for sustain ones self. So my problem is why isn't it the same with health orbs? Why isn't it when you kill an enemy and the drop roll lands on replenishment it rolls 50/50 between energy and health? Is it to give healers a purpose? I don't think it would diminish their role in the game, players despite having an abundance of energy drop still have need to use team restores. Just something I could never really wrap my head around. 

Edit 1: I guess what bothers me is that it should of been a part of the core gameplay since the beginning of the game, not saying that healing in WF is hard or anything like that.

Edited by Dxyz

You can get HP from other sources, the Sentinel Medi-ray or life strike for example...

I Don't feel it's a problem, toss on Equilibrium if you're having trouble with HP, turn all those Engery orbs in to HP as well.

Ultimately Energy is far more useful than HP and needs to be topped up at a higher rate to make the game experience enjoyable, with some skill you don;t need HP orbs in game at all.

Edited by Carnage2K4

My guess would be that unlike energy, plenty of weapons can heal you with certain mods or their effects.

Lifestrike is a mod that gives lifesteal (%damage is given as health) while channeling with melee

Healing Return is a mod that heals a flat amount of health per hit on an enemy affected by status with melee

Weapons:

Hirudo, lifesteal on crits

Sancti Magistar, heals in an AoE with charge attacks

Furis, lifesteal with its syndicate mod

Hema, lifesteal on headshots

There's only 1 weapon that gives energy that I know of and it's not good and you only get energy from dead Osreys.

Edited by Madway7

This just gave me an idea with Infested, since Warframe components are made from related tissues, I wonder if it could be possible that some of their nano related matter could be used by Warframes to heal?

Basically adding Health orbs to certain enemy drop lists could work. I sorta think of them to be the Warframe equivalent to HarJel or super glue as it is already.

The only 'enemy' I've ever seen drop health orbs are the wild kubrows on earth....other than that they seem to drop from lockers and that's about it (excluding frame abilities etc). 

While I usually run lifestrike and/or medi-ray it would be nice to not actually 'need' to use those mods.

It puts a lot of value into high Health/Armor to a point where they will constantly pick up more health orbs than they can lose health. It doesn't really help those with low health and armor. The moment your shield goes down on something with low health and armor, you'd lose way more health from attacks and those orbs wouldn't be able to save you. It just messes with the balance on the high armor end and it doesn't really help the low armor end.