Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE animals?

ChaoticEdge

so far we see birds, fishes, some sort rat (If you play earth there is a creature scurrying quickly into the bush or tall grass), sting ray sand fish,  cat and dogs (whatever name correction, but I don't care), as yet we do not see bears likeness, lion likeness or wild creatures inhabit of PoE which get me wondering why there are not much animals fill of PoE with these (FC3, has plenty animals, maybe team up in the future, but less focusing on their gaming feature, but basicly we r aiming for more creatures/animals), another thing I've noticed there aren't any insects as well get involved with this.

DE did have primtived Dino T-Rex that is infected of its bone, which that would be intresting to see in game in future, but another thing it would get intersting if thous nanoites are able create life of their own like their own animal size and pack.  It would be intresting infested start look like pack of wolves instead the common dogs...yea that would be intresting

Well... considering PoE is a chunk of earth surrounded by a 2.25x2.25 force field, where inside that force field a huge battle occured + crazy teralysts roam the zone bombarding everything they see + grineers shooting everything that moves + hungry citizens who need to kill to eat to live..... I'd guess animal life would be quite hard.

Now, on other planets, I suppose the reason we don't usually see animal life-forms is because most of the tile-sets are within the enemy base of operations. If you had a base of operations, you'd keep it clear of possible hostile animals too, I suppose.

45 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Well... considering PoE is a chunk of earth surrounded by a 2.25x2.25 force field, where inside that force field a huge battle occured + crazy teralysts roam the zone bombarding everything they see + grineers shooting everything that moves + hungry citizens who need to kill to eat to live..... I'd guess animal life would be quite hard.

Now, on other planets, I suppose the reason we don't usually see animal life-forms is because most of the tile-sets are within the enemy base of operations. If you had a base of operations, you'd keep it clear of possible hostile animals too, I suppose.

Put yet again animals still thrive to live again, even in caves.  Ooo it would be awesome if there is a giant worm or centipede creatures pop out and start rampaging the the grineer's base that would be fun show to watch.

Popcorn anyone?

Spoiler

3f8f841392f3a847cff935d340253490.jpg

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Oh come on, people, its not like the animals are stupid, they have developed some range in their bodies, look at the insects and arachnest (the spiders kind) they have fluid to spread stuff on people

Spoiler

big-ass-spider-700.jpg

move things show these animals become like huge and hard to kill even they prove they are pest.

It start sound like earth defence force game...

Giant insects, while cool looking, could never survive in Earth's current atmosphere - especially the kind of giant insects seen in fossils from the Carboniferous period.

Why?

Not enough O2 in the air to support their respiratory systems. 300 million years ago, there was far more O2 in the atmosphere than today, levels so high in fact that it would be lethally toxic to humans.

On the topic of PoE wildlife, it's nice to see an environment that's "alive" as it were. In fact, I'd even like to see more wildlife and more types of wildlife - with the important caveat that the game doesn't slow down to slide show speeds.

15 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Giant insects, while cool looking, could never survive in Earth's current atmosphere - especially the kind of giant insects seen in fossils from the Carboniferous period.

Why?

Not enough O2 in the air to support their respiratory systems. 300 million years ago, there was far more O2 in the atmosphere than today, levels so high in fact that it would be lethally toxic to humans.

On the topic of PoE wildlife, it's nice to see an environment that's "alive" as it were. In fact, I'd even like to see more wildlife and more types of wildlife - with the important caveat that the game doesn't slow down to slide show speeds.

You forgot, we keep on leaving material laying around that is compact to make what to be chemicals reaction, we can blame either the grineer with their terrible liquid stuff including the remade "BIG GIANT JUNGLE!" if you didn't the sliver grove quest then you were messing with chemicals from natural plants.  It doesn't make sense why there can't be bit forest here and there in the map and yes I know the grineer chop it down quick with in speed of seconds, but it doesn't mean they can't just chop down everything what they see because thanks to "New Loka" they would place their life trying protect the TREES and the "sliver grove", it wouldn't be rare see them trying protect plants.  I understand O2 is a thing kill human still, it doesn't mean they can't possible not be in that size at all still today because we have jungles and tons unknown creatures even in a rumor about giant seen in south america somewhere in the bloody jungle for it said it by pouchers, tourist, and few villgers will tell tall tales stories about them.

We can't even explain why Whales are HUGE and claiming they are short.  Yet we got another thing giant and could possible true story about Giant Squid and that was in the ocean and science prove found one the large eyeball to be size I think remember close size bowling ball when they found that giant squid dead.  There is tons creatures still able lived without O2 so excuse me I kick that bucket of dislogical being because 1 I believed it was made up lie about it about O2 in dino time when littery there was just commonly giant creatures either being hit by giant stone or either they die from unknown virus which either way the matter we know there still giant among giant hidden somewhere we don't even know they exist to be.  Oh like our ancestors there was Giant human likeness that is size of flipping building.

It doesn't mean creatures aren't giants because they force to be small, there is always possible chance one the accident someone accidently unlesh one accidently chemcial to make giant creatures on the planet.

Take jungle of Thailand's jungle and their animals and insects and take the American's bug and animals for they both the same?  Same some what, but the size change them alot.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

14 hours ago, Cyndocrit said:

Someone hire a wildlife expert for DE so they can create a beautiful, scientific, immersive, yet natural dangerous world. Perhaps add seasonal changes? I think there might be snow capped mountains according to what I saw from the map Steve posted.

a wildlife expert? for alien creatures that dont exist?

Just now, Littleman88 said:

Someone with a grasp of what makes an ecosystem work, I think is what Cyndocrit was trying to say.

Though for most of us, a bunch of plants, prey, and predators will do nicely.

i get what your are saying, but when talking about aliens and other planets, all earths animals and eco systems are null and void to them..

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deadly Moves said:

i get what your are saying, but when talking about aliens and other planets, all earths animals and eco systems are null and void to them..

And again I must mention, a bunch of plants, prey, and predators will do nicely.  Most people aren't looking for something totally accurate, they're looking for a busy environment.

Edited by Littleman88

Much Over-thinking.  Some try to push their Idea of (chicken).

And then talk of "Aliens".  which show even more "lacking" of Information about the Plains and actual Real Life Discoveries.

o.o WE NOT TAKING A ZOO HOME, Period.

Why should "Alien Creature" come out and Greet you, they are not that "Domesticated", we are talking actual Game Creatures. that are not always Friendly.