Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring back past events!

(XBOX)MaruKips

Since these timely events have actual lore tied to them I feel somewhat "punished" for not playing the game sooner. It also makes the game feel like it's missing pieces and fragments. I don't care if ammo drum mods are the rewards and clan trophies are removed, I want to be able to experience these events as part of the story/lore. My friends ask why we owe Alad V a favor and why does he have the mutilist scar but is healthy again. Why do the Grineer have more dominance over more areas, etc. I shouldn't have to go to the wiki and read about it like GRIMOIRE. I cannot even find videos of these on youtube without annoying commentary/skips and dubstep in the background.

Please DE, bring them back or somehow make them permanent or weekly/monthly.

And yes I know you're busy with PoE. I'm not demanding you stop work on that for this.

Edited by (XB1)MaruKips

59 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'd be fine with that... provided we got access to all of the other items that came from the events.

But everything is available in invasions and spys. Or are u talking about the sigils?

Any who reasons why u would want to suffer through some of those awful events is beyond me. Aawell different strokes for different folks a suppose. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Sorry, but no.

Most of the rewards from these events are avialable to new players nowadays... And heck, technically, most of the events do end up making it into the game eventually anyway. We do have stalker acolytes, razorback armadas , fomorian fleets, they even brought back the operation defective defectors back as a new game mode recently...

I can understand why new players might feel like them missed out on some events, but guess what, they did ! They weren't arround at that time, and they miss something that happened in the universe.They can still google them on the wiki, watch videos, but the past is the past.

Imho, bringing back event trivialises them. It would make events "uneventful" and kinda pointless. Plus most of these events were pretty grindy and tedious to do in the  first place... So yeah, don't bring them back.

We do need more new events though. Old warframes had events pretty much with every update, nowadays we get only a couple a year

I do get the people that want the story of these events to be brought back to light, but you have to keep in mind the story of these quests is usually a couple inbox messages, maybe two or three short transmissions by the lotus or other NPCs during missions, and often these missions are stuff that's already in the starchart. The events with exotic gameplay usually end up being implemented in the game down the road, so are the rewards these events bring (asides from primed chamber, I guess).

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Imho, bringing back event trivialises them. It would make events "uneventful" and kinda pointless. Plus most of these events were pretty grindy and tedious to do in the  first place... So yeah, don't bring them back.

Invasions are boring as hell. Again, I want the LORE, it's stupid they contained lore in the first place. My clan and I have been bored in Warframe for almost a month now, we want to experience what we never got to.

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

But everything is available in invasions and spys. Or are u talking about the sigils?

Any who reasons why u would want to suffer through some of those awful events is beyond me. Aawell different strokes for different folks a suppose. 

After going through the past operations on the wiki, the few that really jump out as good to bring back are:

• Informat Event because of Primed Chamber
  • Tethra's Doom for the electric/status mods - which is useful for the newer players as they get an alternative way to get them besides Baro.
  • Eyes of Blight for Fire/Status archwing mods

From a pure loot perspective, while it would be really awesome to see Primed Chamber being widely available, I doubt that's going to ever come back but I listed it because it's one of the few rewards that really jumped out at me.

I should probably clarify what I had said earlier, as the rewards I was thinking at the time was the mods, and possibly the weapons.  The cosmetics and trophies should DEFINITELY stay in the past, and not be available if the event ever comes back.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I can understand why new players might feel like them missed out on some events, but guess what, they did ! They weren't arround at that time, and they miss something that happened in the universe.They can still google them on the wiki, watch videos, but the past is the past.

Eh, if the event comes back in a watered down way (with less grind), it allows us a way to see the past content - and that's my primary interest as seeing videos of the events isn't quite as interesting as actually playing through them as videos will only show you so much, and generally leave you wanting to actually play the content.

Plus the older content can be used to help give the players more to do between content updates - which is never a bad thing.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Probably because I never got to play them in the first place, therefore I do not know what this "suffering" is you speak of. I AM however, suffering from absolutely nothing to do in Warframe for about a month and a half now.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

They even brought back the operation defective defectors back as a new game mode recently...

That was always intended though.  Defection isn't the only game mode that was originally introduced through events - Survival, Rescue 2.0, Excavation, and Void / Hive Sabotage were as well.  Many other events took place and introduced things like reworked boss-fights, new tilesets and/or planet(s), and new enemy units. 

Some of the events were more or less glorified tactical alerts - which more tactical alerts in general is something I think people would appreciate.  However, I don't think the other bigger events should make a return... at least not as full-scale events. 

I think it would be interesting if some of the more significant events (lore-wise) were given as secondary quests that players could complete (or at the very least have a codex entry for each event).  As the OP pointed out, unless newer players go to the wiki to read up on past events, they never find out what happens with certain important characters like Alad V. 

Spoiler

While you learn that Alad V is owed a favor in the Second Dream, newer players have no indication in-game as to what becomes of that favor.  They never learn that we repaid Alad V in the Shadow Debt event where we saved his butt from the acolytes that Stalker sent after him.  Something like this, I think could be made into a secondary quest that could be made available after the completion of the Second Dream. 

There are other events that I think could be turned into required quests to gain access to other planets like Operation Breeding Grounds. It could serve as a junction requirement to get to Eris instead of having to complete some of the simple objectives it currently has (open 3 neo relics, complete 15 waves on Stofler, kill Lephantis) and it would make more sense as Patient Zero is given as a reward for completing the junction, which takes place after the event does lore-wise.  This would also help explain to newer players how and why Alad V got infested in the first place. These are just a couple examples, but you get the idea.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I disagree with this point. As long as It isn't a frequent "bringing them back" it should be fine, however if it turns out to be a common occurance that devaules it.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

Since these timely events have actual lore tied to them I feel somewhat "punished" for not playing the game sooner.

It's called "the past" for a reason.  BTW, no one is punished.  You just weren't here.  BTW, while newer player have missed some things, they also have incredible advantages the veteran players didn't.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

As long as they don't include clan trophies, I don't see an issue. 

I do, but I guess it depends on what Warframe is.

If you want nothing more than a game that runs in cycles, like every other game, then who cares about trophies?  After all, it's just a game that goes around in circles like monopoly.  If every event going to repeat every year then what does it matter if someone completes it the first year or the fifth?

However, if you want a game that's more than just a shoot-em-up because it has lore, a history with events, then most events shouldn't be repeated.

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

It's called "the past" for a reason.  BTW, no one is punished.  You just weren't here.  BTW, while newer player have missed some things, they also have incredible advantages the veteran players didn't.

I do, but I guess it depends on what Warframe is.

If you want nothing more than a game that runs in cycles, like every other game, then who cares about trophies?  After all, it's just a game that goes around in circles like monopoly.  If every event going to repeat every year then what does it matter if someone completes it the first year or the fifth?

However, if you want a game that's more than just a shoot-em-up because it has lore, a history with events, then most events shouldn't be repeated.

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Some if not most Quests will eventually be or are repeatable.

There are some events repeatable. 

Why not give the other events a node (maybe a flashback node of sorts) that way newer players can experience those events. Maybe something in the simulation room with Sumaris. 

Anyway It shouldn't be a problem as it won't effect veterans or overall game play. 

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

Since these timely events have actual lore tied to them I feel somewhat "punished" for not playing the game sooner. It also makes the game feel like it's missing pieces and fragments. I don't care if ammo drum mods are the rewards and clan trophies are removed, I want to be able to experience these events too. My friends ask why we owe Alad V a favor and why does he have the mutilist scar but is healthy again. Why do the Grineer have more dominance over more areas, etc. I shouldn't have to go to the wiki and read about it like GRIMOIRE

Please DE, bring them back or somehow make them permanent or weekly/monthly.

And yes I know you're busy with PoE. I'm not demanding you stop work on that for this.

I'm down with this.

Hek, drop them into the Simulacrum and offer up Event keys or put in a Dojo room that allows clan members to replay any event.

As to the rewards; most are already in the drop tables. They aren't exclusive to players that went through the event for a long time, so I don't see why having the replay events drop the same rewards would be an issue.  The only things that's truly exclusive to the old events are the badges and event scores on our profiles, so just don't reward those two things on the replay.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

Like what exactly?

They're not paying 800p for a Rhino prime part.

Their logins are immediately counted for rewards.

There are actual login rewards.

They can rank up much faster than veterans in the less time. 

They have a ready made varied warframe inventory available and can farm it or outright buy it immediately.

They have a larger selection of weapons at hand immediately.

Forma bundles.

They can rush items in the foundry.

They didn't have a single sentinel locked into vacuum. 

They won't lose a pet due to not feeding it.

Numerous anti-scam features built into trading.

They can trade warframes in a single trade.

They won't lose that one void item that someone finally got after 30 wave C rewards after a disconnect.

Prime mods aren't 800p and over.

I can keep going on and on and on.

Oh no, some player missed some event that was a huge hassle to slog through but they can still get the mods.  Big deal.

Honestly, nowdays, people are so infatuated with having every single item no matter how late they come into the game that we have events with "early access to syndicate" mods and other lame rewards like that.

Pretty much every past event reward has been made avialable numerous times, making them feel non special... All this because people can't accept the fact a veteran has an ugly red version of an existing gun that deals 5 more base damage or something and they don't...

And now you want the event themselves to come back... It's like asking Woodstock to come back because you weren't born back then... Sorry, but time passes, "events" happen, and when DE gives you new methods of acquiring previously exclusive gear AND usually brings the exotic gameplay of the event into the main game in some form (Rathuum, Index, Ambulas Reborn, Defective Defectors, Toxin Injectors, etc, all of them are now in the game)... People still complain that they didn't get to experience the five dialogue lines lotus had in these generic quests themselves.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Oh no, some player missed some event that was a huge hassle to slog through but they can still get the mods.  Big deal.

Jesus Christ I only want it for story/lore purposes. I DID say I didn't care if I got ammo drum mods for the rewards. 

Some of you are missing that key point and Alad V happens to be my favorite character.

Edited by (XB1)MaruKips

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

They're not paying 800p for a Rhino prime part. - Other prime parts we farmed were worth more too - so net net its kind of a wash

Their logins are immediately counted for rewards. - As they do for  veterans - No advantage to new players

There are actual login rewards.- As they are for veterans - No advantage to new players

They can rank up much faster than veterans in the less time. - - As can  veterans with any new gear - No advantage to new players

They have a ready made varied warframe inventory available and can farm it or outright buy it immediately. - So they can PAY to win  (the farming applies to both) - not sure thats an advantage

They have a larger selection of weapons at hand immediately. - 

Forma bundles. - Available to veterans

They can rush items in the foundry. Available to veterans

They didn't have a single sentinel locked into vacuum. Available to veterans

They won't lose a pet due to not feeding it.Available to veterans

Numerous anti-scam features built into trading.Available to veterans

They can trade warframes in a single trade.Available to veterans

They won't lose that one void item that someone finally got after 30 wave C rewards after a disconnect.Available to veterans

Prime mods aren't 800p and over.Available to veterans

I can keep going on and on and on.

Not sure how any of this list is an "advantage".

Besides  - the OP was asking for the experience of playing the event.  not the rewards (which are for the most part available or have been made available again through recurring events)

19 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'd be fine with that... provided we got access to all of the other items that came from the events.

Forget about the items, Baro brings those back already. Just having them available to add flavor to starting planets and to recreate a sense of the flowing story we've experienced over the years would MASSIVELY bolster the new player experience between finishing vors prize and starting a certain quest on uranus.

Having to EXPLAIN the lore holes to new players i help by saying "and then that happened in an event 3 years ago" is one of the very few things that actually turns people off of the lore of Warframe - because otherwise it's such a cool universe we get to play in

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Besides  - the OP was asking for the experience of playing the event.  not the rewards (which are for the most part available or have been made available again through recurring events)

I dont understand why people to played through an older (inferior / less complete) version of the game are mad at new players having a better starting experience. It doesnt negatively impact you whatsoever. What is the logic there? i had a less enjoyable start, thus it must also be miserable for everyone else starting the game? That's idiotic. Those players are the foundation funding future free updates for veterans. If we alienated them all, the game would die. That's the entitled arrogant side of the veteran playerbase flashing its face right there.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

You're missing the point.

1)  Veterans HAD to pay those prices at the time.  You're missing the point.

2)  I've got probably close to 2 years of logins without counting to rewards.  People are complaining about needing almost 2 of logins to get a reward, forgetting that many players have over four years.

3)  Players now get logins rewards.  Veterans didn't for a long time.

4)  You're missing the point.  It's tough to level up to 20 when there is only 6 warframes and forty weapons.  New players have everything available now.

5)  Yes, they can pay, but again you're missing the point.  The available inventory is the point.  Veterans didn't have dozens of warframes and hundreds of weapons immediately available.

6)  Same as above.

7)  Again, you're missing the point.  Veterans didn't have the forma bundles FOR YEARS.

8)  Once again, you're missing the point.

9)  Sure, NOW.  Not for years.

10)  Again, NOW.

11)  Again, NOW.

12)  Again, NOW.  You missed the loveliness when there were three slots for trade.

13)  Again, NOW.  Ask on the forums how many people that happened to before.

14)  Again, NOW.

You don't know it's an advantage because you don't want to.  It's like a ten year old knowing nothing but iPhones while being completely oblivious to the fact that thirty years ago if your car broke down you had to deal with it then by walking to the nearest house and calling someone then going back the next day to pick it up or try to fix it.  Warframe is a rich game with dozens of warframes, hundreds of weapons, hundreds of mods, and so on.  But you're ignoring the fact that it wasn't for a long time.

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

Jesus Christ I only want it for story/lore purposes. I DID say I didn't care if I got ammo drum mods for the rewards. 

Some of you are missing that key point and Alad V happens to be my favorite character.

Nope, you're missing the key point.

"Is Warframe a game or is it a universe?"  That's the point.

If it's just a game, then repeat everything, give out all the trophies each time, and make it a game that each player can play as long as he wants.

Or

Make it a universe with history, lore, and a semi-persistent state.  

If the same unique events are constantly repeated, then Warframe is simply a game just like Doom.  Larger than Doom, but the exact same thing.  If events don't repeat and real history and lore happens, then Warframe is a universe.  Considering how rich and varied Warframe is, I think Warframe is in the unique position to be a Universe.