Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Submersible with other eyes :D

---Swaggi---

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deadly Moves said:

I dont think it would work, because you would always be in your archwing, which most people dislike. at least on land you have the option of 'on feet' and the archwing.

I think the idea would be that every seamount with a structure could be enterable, with perhaps tram systems connecting different facilities. And sharkwing can be adjusted faster just for open map. Archwing is mostly disliked because of LACK of content not the content itself, and 6D movement with no adjustment to make 6D useful in maps making it a awkward vomit coaster.

If spacious enough, could also incorporate a multicrew sub for tenno sub on grineer sub/monster fights working with Steves prototype of multicrew space combat.

I would totally humor the idea of Guns of Icarus style pvp if Steve put it out there.

Edited by Firetempest

In the 1993 Alien:Colonial Marines comic* there's this waterplanet which is used for farming kelp/seaweed. Unbeknownst to the farmers there be horrid monsters under the water.. The marines, at one point, end up on a platform at the surface, of which there are multiple interconnected ones. I've always considered this an awesome setting for a game-level... (If only those @$$h@t$ over at gearbox had any clue about where A:CM actually came from...) 

It would make for some awesome platforming action, having to move between sections ON the water to OVER the water and then IN the water... Just leaving this here in the hope it'll jolt someone's creativity...

Bracken%E2%80%99s_World.jpg

CTXjPLZ.jpg

(*sadly not related in any way shape or form to that horrible eyesore of a 'game', apart from there being "Alien" in the title
http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines_(1993-1994_comic)

Edited by ComCray

the problem I have with an underwater open world is that it'd take forever to actually go anywhere, and underwater areas look pretty samey after a while. I think a better idea for the Uranus' Landscape (or rather, Waterscape?) would be a floating city, run by the grineer. there could be bands of Pirates using Grineer watercraft, Marine Patrols, and big sea monsters to hunt!

You know, I have a particular fear of deep murky waters and the creatures that lurk within them, particularly in video games.

I can only tolerate Uranus archwing because it's super clear and the big things can't get to me.

So while the concept sounds like it'd work, I have a hard time supporting it for personal reasons.

Plus most people hate archwing.  Well, they hate the current, limited iteration of it anyway, and unfortunately can't imagine it ever getting better.