Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stocking up on vaulted items?

khangalanga

What do you mean "given out for free"? Do you mean unvaulting or is there something else going on I don't know about?

*Edit nevermind, I saw the post.

My guess is that it's probably not safe to hoard for too long because at some point it will/may be unvaulted or given away.

Edited by Aveu

Ok, here comes the salt train.

Listen... Stockpiling primes and trying to accumulate interest in them, was and always will be a black sheep among trades, with a big risk-reward scenario. While I understand your pain, anguish and salt over the fact that you will loose some precious plat, consider the following : 
a) Warframe changes. A lot. Expecting anything "for sure" is naive.
b) Holding on parts for over half a year is not... Hard work that automatically should grand you ze moneys. Harsh and I feel your salt level rising, but... maybe try to keep up with times and demands of trade chat, instead of trying to accumulate interest based on people that came in the game on later day, hm?

PS: A big fat, warning due to tendencies of people to jump to assumptions. I am not saying that I agree with how they handle Twitch Prime (because I don't). I am not saying that I won't be hit in the plat trading as well (because I will be hit, with a relatively nasty sting). I am just not agreeing with how Prime Vault is treated and I don't agree with "new players should have played 2 years ago in order to get primed gear, or they should pay 1000+ plat in order to attain vaulted gear". Are we good?

Edited by phoenix1992

10 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Listen... Stockpiling primes and trying to accumulate interest in them, was and always will be a black sheep among trades, with a big risk-reward scenario. While I understand your pain, anguish and salt over the fact that you will loose some precious plat, consider the following : 
b) Holding on parts for over half a year is not... Hard work that automatically should grand you ze moneys. Harsh and I feel your salt level rising, but... maybe try to keep up with times and demands of trade chat, instead of trying to accumulate interest based on people that came in the game on later day, hm?

PS: A big fat, warning due to tendencies of people to jump to assumptions. I am not saying that I agree with how they handle Twitch Prime (because I don't). I am not saying that I won't be hit in the plat trading as well (because I will be hit, with a relatively nasty sting). I am just not agreeing with how Prime Vault is treated and I don't agree with "new players should have played 2 years ago in order to get primed gear, or they should pay 1000+ plat in order to attain vaulted gear". Are we good?

Yeah, I completely understand what you mean. I used to play a lot of runescape a lot when I was younger and witnessed the rise of the santa hats/party hats, so whenever I see something as a limited edition item, I try to collect it in hopes of the easy profit that will ensue. I was just worried about my investments and, as you said it with complete truth, easy money. However, not all money earned has to be hard earned. Work smarter, not harder.

Either way, I don't like the way DE is going with this. Not even mentioning the "give all the newbies free godly weapons" argument or speaking on behalf of it, DE is hurting the economy and turning it into one giant riven as we wait for the next "roll" of free prime items.

19 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

No one is forcing them to pay "1000+ plat to attain vaulted gear" they can wait. Plenty of other choices of items to use to get over mr 16 to be able to use everything that's mastery locked.

Just now, Feltal said:

No one is forcing them to pay "1000+ plat to attain vaulted gear" they can wait. Plenty of other choices of items to use to get over mr 16 to be able to use everything that's mastery locked.

Sure, imagine the thrill :
"Hey kiddo, glad you joined the Tenno! 
Just don't invest too much in certain weapons and frames, because there are direct upgrades for them in the game, if you are willing to pay coin. Oh, you want to.. grind them - sure you just have to wait up to 11 months. No biggie, I am sure you are a big boy and you will stay long enough for that.

PS: Yeah, don't kid yourself - over 60-70% of the primes are vaulted, but you can do it.
PSS: If you want to actually pain the coin, it will cost you only... hm around 2-3 k plat for all vaulted sets?"

24 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

It's not like DE is forcing you to dump your soma and scindo sets because of this offer. All you have to do is hold onto them until the offer is over, just like with frost prime, and the price should go back to normal. No big deal. 

Agreed. And many can't even get twitch prime. I'm really at a lose with all this salt. Plus, I'm always down for free slots.

The prime with prime thing is only for people who have twitch prime acounts, and 99% of people already used the free month when frost prime came. So I don't see why all the salt when it's a free benefit for having a paid account in twitch. It's not like what happened with frost prime, this time there are no tourists on twitch.

2 hours ago, khangalanga said:

So with Soma prime and Scindo prime being given out for free, is there any point in stocking up and investing in vaulted items? Is it worth the risk of hoarding up boltor primes if they're going to be worth zilch once they're given out for free?

Define free. Most people used there free 1 month from the vista prime sydnana and frost prime already. Technically your paying for these items off of twitch 

4 minutes ago, khangalanga said:

New question that I'm curious about: What's the point of this promotion? What's the incentive of doing this promotion if they already have an ongoing twitch prime promo?

The points is to help new players who are coming into the game for Poe. It benefits them and it benefits DE because they are doing a promo with twtich serrvices