Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

And how many times did Megan die for the Vitality?

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Well.....I just won 5 Plat, as we just saw an Operator perform a ground slide.

Only Megan was trying to show the Operator Combat.

Rebecca was only in Peacemaker.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Only Megan was trying to show the Operator Combat.

Rebecca was only in Peacemaker.

It is really hard for me not to burst laughing right now.

Megan getting decapitated by a level 10(?) Butcher?  Trying to dash and blast the said level 10(?) enemies? Still getting smashed by fall damage?

I+swear+to+god+if+i+could+see+half+of+_f

And it keeps ramping up the death counter.

PS: Going afk for couple of mins.

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

That one was a big fail on those 2 since Void Mode negates fall damage.

From my point of view, a bigger fail is choosing Nezha for the Warframe on this prime time.

It is extremely jarring to see the difference between the speeds of Operator and Warframe, if they have picked Frost instead...

Come on @BornWithTeeth I want to measure the salt level.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Not just Void Mode, you can use aim glide to prevent falling damage as an Operator.

May be an unintended bug!

Not really, Megan forgot to go into Void Mode and Rebecca tried to be checky and go into it in the last second and failed. Not bugs, just usual fail.

They didnt Aim Glide too.

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

From my point of view, a bigger fail is choosing Nezha for the Warframe on this prime time.

It is extremely jarring to see the difference between the speeds of Operator and Warframe, if they have picked Frost instead...

They just dashed to get energy or sporadically. I am wondering why Megan was not chaining the Dash, I usually use all 3 to get somewhere fast (Which is a bit fster than the Warframe).

But about survivability, I remember the Vazarin Passive increases health by 125 per level from last Prime Time. And then we have the items in cetus itself.

About Energy Capacity and Regen: I noticed that the "Focus Cooldown" besides the energy bar was being used as the Operator's Pool. From What I saw in Megan's it recharge pretty fast, 4 seconds from empty to full and she could use Void Blast a lot.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Come on @BornWithTeeth I want to measure the salt level.

I...am not actually too disappointed. There are signs of an Operator movement improvement, Operators inheriting Warframe momentum, Operators groundsliding, weird effects attached to different uses of Void Mode? Ok. Obviously not enough, but a noticeable step in the right direction.

So, I'd want to see a couple more passives from the different trees, and then find out how some of those Operator Arcanes work, sounds good.

The cost of unlocking those Operator passives sounds utterly, stupendously, pants-on-head goddamned ridiculous though. What the hell.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I...am not actually too disappointed. There are signs of an Operator movement improvement, Operators inheriting Warframe momentum, Operators groundsliding, weird effects attached to different uses of Void Mode? Ok. Obviously not enough, but a noticeable step in the right direction.

So, I'd want to see a couple more passives from the different trees, and then find out how some of those Operator Arcanes work, sounds good.

The cost of unlocking those Operator passives sounds utterly, stupendously, pants-on-head goddamned ridiculous though. What the hell.

They do... but I wonder if the new lens added with the new 250k Capacity and 8x Convergence will make it actually bearable...

Ok, summary :

The new transference system transition is cool.
The movement in the situations that were shown on the Stream was ridiculous in my opinion.
The combat and surving situations were measured up against insignificant level of enemies that would die to a sentinel, and extremely influenced by messing around. 

In summary : Better than before, still far cry from something I would use unless I am pushed into the situation (like with the Eidolons).
W8ktwSR.png?1

90? Make it like 150+, and we shall talk.

12 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

So I missed part of Prime Time. Did they mention anything about improving Void Dash?

It will have many effects depending on the tree...

They used the Dash while earthbound, didnt try any crazy moves like: going up and then passing over enemies, didnt chain the dashes...

They showed only Madurai and Zenurik, so we are in the dark about the other 3.

But what I can I say is... decent. Looks promissing.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Ok, summary :

The new transference system transition is cool.
The movement in the situations that were shown on the Stream was ridiculous in my opinion.
The combat and surving situations were measured up against insignificant level of enemies that would die to a sentinel, and extremely influenced by messing around. 

In summary : Better than before, still far cry from something I would use unless I am pushed into the situation (like with the Eidolons).
W8ktwSR.png?1

90? Make it like 150+, and we shall talk.

Still 1 rank left, so its 100% or 105% at max.

Right, final statement:

Actual signs of Operator movement changes, great!

Customisable, repeatable fun effects for Focus powers, great!

Focus costs increased, eh, understandable.

The specific costs for unlocking the passives which are supposed to make Operators properly playable, genuinely bonkers. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. Eleven million Focus to unlock energy reserves of 90% bonus for the Operator? That would require maxing out the new daily Focus cap of 250k every day for forty-four days. For one node.

Sweet. Jesus.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Focus costs increased, eh, understandable.

The specific costs for unlocking the passives which are supposed to make Operators properly playable, genuinely bonkers. I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. Eleven million Focus to unlock energy reserves of 90% bonus for the Operator? That would require maxing out the new daily Focus cap of 250k every day for forty-four days. For one node.

Sure they said 3mil not 11mil was the 'current' focus cost or something like that, the 11mil was 'dev build' values not 'release candidate'. 

Focus cost increase is fine is we get they actually made getting focus easier, the current method of getting focus is just so slow unless you go and cheese it.

But....bloody hell.

"Here's the new Focus system! If you spend the entirety of this next year maxing out your daily Focus points literally every single day without fail or falter, you will have ninety-one million Focus points! That will allow you to buy the node capacity for, unlock, and then unbind so that you can use them, a grand total of five whole Passive nodes! Yay!"

Guys, what.

@LSG501

Ok, three million. And one million to unbind it so that you can use it, which is what we saw on the stream. That's still sixteen days of utterly maxing out your Daily Focus every single day, just to unlock and use one node, which will serve to give your Operator a doubled energy pool.

I think that DE may have some perspective issues, to be quite honest, chaps.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

But....bloody hell.

"Here's the new Focus system! If you spend the entirety of this next year maxing out your daily Focus points literally every single day without fail or falter, you will have ninety-one million Focus points! That will allow you to buy the node capacity for, unlock, and then unbind so that you can use them, a grand total of five whole Passive nodes! Yay!"

Guys, what.

Oh come on, don't be a drama queen.
They showcased only the casual 45mil per tree (in the stream) . This is like...
270 mil and you gain 250k per day, i am pretty sure you will get them fast ^^

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Oh come on, don't be a drama queen.
They showcased only the casual 45mil per tree (in the stream) . This is like...
270 mil and you gain 250k per day, i am pretty sure you will get them fast ^^

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am genuinely not certain whether you are joking.

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@LSG501

Ok, three million. And one million to unbind it so that you can use it, which is what we saw on the stream. That's still sixteen days of utterly maxing out your Daily Focus every single day, just to unlock and use one node, which will serve to give your Operator a doubled energy pool.

I think that DE may have some perspective issues, to be quite honest, chaps.

To be honest the current 'changes' being shown for the PoE it is actually turning me quite negative towards it if I'm honest, I was all for it at tennocon but with every 'update' I get a little more disheartened towards the direction the games going because it's basically taking away a lot of what drew me into warframe....

15 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am genuinely not certain whether you are joking.

Make an educated guess. 
Hint : I hate affinity grind and blame it for many issues.
PS: While I was testing stuff in game for living, I was forbidden to play with such high numbers, because it would detach me from the actual player experience. If you go in millions, regardless if on purpose or by accident, you goofed up <3. 

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest the current 'changes' being shown for the PoE is actually turning me quite negative towards it if I'm honest, I was all for it at tennocon but with every 'update' I get a little more disheartened towards the direction the games going because it's basically taking away a lot of what drew me into warframe....

Alas this is the bane of us, the players that came before U18.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest the current 'changes' being shown for the PoE is actually turning me quite negative towards it if I'm honest, I was all for it at tennocon but with every 'update' I get a little more disheartened towards the direction the games going because it's basically taking away a lot of what drew me into warframe....

You mean you are not here for the Diablo styled grind?

Archived