[DE]Rebecca

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

It is funny as well that the devs have been trying to crack down on mindless gameplay, but included both Energizing Dash and Energy Pulse which are both based around generating larger amounts of energy in short amounts of time.  With the two of them you can get 150 energy within 30s, plus 1.5x how many energy orbs you get.  This is a god send for frames with toggled abilities like Ember who run around with WoF active every chance they get, and for players who ult every 2 seconds.  I just don't see how this makes less cheese than a truly passive 4 (or less) energy/sec regen.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Insizer said:

It is funny as well that the devs have been trying to crack down on mindless gameplay, but included both Energizing Dash and Energy Pulse which are both based around generating larger amounts of energy in short amounts of time.  With the two of them you can get 150 energy within 30s, plus 1.5x how many energy orbs you get.  This is a god send for frames with toggled abilities like Ember who run around with WoF active every chance they get, and for players who ult every 2 seconds.  I just don't see how this makes less cheese than a truly passive 4 (or less) energy/sec regen.

Old Zenurik didn't allow you to spam abilities endlessly.

New Zenurik doesn't allow you to spam abilities endlessly.

Old Zenurik was passive and thus didn't disrupt gameplay.

New Zenurik disrupts gameplay and is thus unfun.

• Upvote 6

On 10/15/2017 at 9:18 PM, Insizer said:

On a separate issue, why do we need to first activate the operator to get the residual passives?  Just make it passive from the beginning.

Who the hell do you think you are? Making statements like that, saying sensible, practical things like that. There's no place here for that! Begone I say!

What we need is greater complexity, the use of ever increasingly convoluted, complicated, confused systems; I can't wait for the 2019 huge reveal of the 'jockey' the even younger Tenno; who operate the operators and use Hocus points to perform...:facepalm:

bubble-guppies-ebook-app_59808-96914_1

• Haha 6

On 11/10/2017 at 7:15 PM, Dark-Vortex said:

Old Zenurik didn't allow you to spam abilities endlessly.

New Zenurik doesn't allow you to spam abilities endlessly.

Old Zenurik was passive and thus didn't disrupt gameplay.

New Zenurik disrupts gameplay and is thus unfun.

1. I Agree.
  2. All I meant was that it increased the regen rate which caters to such playstyles more than Old Zenurik.
  3. I very much agree.
  4. I especially agree.

We are on the same team.  I was just pointing out something funny.

Edited by Insizer
put things in a list for people to better understand

On 11/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, StabbyTentacles said:

bubble-guppies-ebook-app_59808-96914_1

This picture raises so many questions...

Edited by Insizer
  • Haha 1

The logic behind New Zenurik seems pretty obvious to me; DE wants players to have to work for their free* energy, not be handed to them simply from waiting for a minute and a half.

Granted, they could have done it better. Popping Transference to Void Dash in a random direction every 30 seconds feels unrewarding and like you're jumping arbitrary hoops, especially coming after getting a similar buff with less effort. If it were, instead, Void Dash into an enemy to create the same field, or to trigger an stacking energy cost reduction for the next X abilities/seconds... those things IMO would make mastery of jumping in between your warframe and operator feel more rewarding, and less like an arbitrary chore.

*free as in no energy orb drops or pizzas are required

so a friend of mine got about 140K with his banshee during one mission. as i woke up today, he notified me he was banned till 2035. He plays normally like any player and has never cheated once. this is a ongoing trend of being too good and being #*($%%@ just because you were better then most players. working hard in this rewards punishment. it's not like he bragged or found a exploit, which either one is still stupid in itself to be banned, he simply went into a mission as his banshee prime, farmed up as much focus as he could and left when he needed or wanted. 

• Woah 1

wtf happended with zenurik? no more energy overflow? energy recovers slows as **** now -_- all that to make things worse.
And how i can use the operator ability now? i mean, the one you used to make enemies levitate for a few seconds while in bad situations...

On 11/14/2017 at 6:57 PM, (PS4)Hiei-YYH said:

wtf happended with zenurik? no more energy overflow? energy recovers slows as **** now -_- all that to make things worse.
And how i can use the operator ability now? i mean, the one you used to make enemies levitate for a few seconds while in bad situations...

Zenurik's energy acquisition was completely redone to make the operator actually serve "more" of a purpose.  Basically, invest (a metric butt-ton of focus) in Energizing Dash.  At max rank it gives you 5 energy/sec for 30 seconds, forcing you to stop combat every 30 seconds to maintain an active buff that pretends to be a passive.

Aside from literally its most important part, Zenurik is better because now it has actives that serve a purpose without harming its "passives".

We are now forced to stop playing the game to gain energy.

As for that operator ability... its gone.  But hey, you can turn your operator into a vacuum that shoots electricity.  Enjoy Focus 2.0.

Edited by Insizer
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, Foefaller said:

The logic behind New Zenurik seems pretty obvious to me; DE wants players to have to work for their free* energy, not be handed to them simply from waiting for a minute and a half.

Granted, they could have done it better. Popping Transference to Void Dash in a random direction every 30 seconds feels unrewarding and like you're jumping arbitrary hoops, especially coming after getting a similar buff with less effort. If it were, instead, Void Dash into an enemy to create the same field, or to trigger an stacking energy cost reduction for the next X abilities/seconds... those things IMO would make mastery of jumping in between your warframe and operator feel more rewarding, and less like an arbitrary chore.

*free as in no energy orb drops or pizzas are required

They could also have shifted the energy regen from the actually passive energy regen over to the energy orbs by lowering the amount of passive energy regen and adding New Zenurik's Energy Pulse.  "Kill stuff for energy", that seems more rewarding and practical that what you suggest, imo.

Honestly what I still don't like is that only zenurik has got an energy regen... at least now the effect can be shared with anyone in the area of an operator's dash, but this doesn't solve the fact that if you want accettable energy regen with clauses, you must take zenurik!

I would have preferred if all schools got their way of regenerating energy.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Honestly what I still don't like is that only zenurik has got an energy regen... at least now the effect can be shared with anyone in the area of an operator's dash, but this doesn't solve the fact that if you want accettable energy regen with clauses, you must take zenurik!

I'd rather that energy was more reliable by default (like all Warframes had 1.0 energy regen), so that Zenurik was more a really nice bonus, rather than simply being the best focusschool choice the majority of the time. That, and maybe add a self-only energyregen mod (meaning, a non-aura Energy Siphon), so that we have more options for passive-styled energyregen. Then you could choose to either go Zenurik or using that mod (or both, although it would likely just be a waste to do so)

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Zenurik 1.0 also had a way of giving energy to allies, in fact it had two of them.  One made acquiring an energy orb cause a radial AOE (small but there) that regen'd allied energy, and another made a energy regen zone like energizing dash.  The problem is that no one used those because they naturally conflicted with Zenurik's more important energy regen.

Also, the current system allows you to carry over aspects of schools into other schools, making them innate to your useless child mode.

17 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I'd rather that energy was more reliable by default (like all Warframes had 1.0 energy regen), so that Zenurik was more a really nice bonus, rather than simply being the best focusschool choice the majority of the time. That, and maybe add a self-only energyregen mod (meaning, a non-aura Energy Siphon), so that we have more options for passive-styled energyregen. Then you could choose to either go Zenurik or using that mod (or both, although it would likely just be a waste to do so)

I could get behind that, so long as the way zenurik provides that energy is not by forcing you to play with children.

11 hours ago, Insizer said:

Zenurik 1.0 also had a way of giving energy to allies, in fact it had two of them.  One made acquiring an energy orb cause a radial AOE (small but there) that regen'd allied energy, and another made a energy regen zone like energizing dash.  The problem is that no one used those because they naturally conflicted with Zenurik's more important energy regen.

Also, the current system allows you to carry over aspects of schools into other schools, making them innate to your useless child mode.

I could get behind that, so long as the way zenurik provides that energy is not by forcing you to play with children.

Get over operators.

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, SolarDwagon said:

Get over operators.

Since when was I hung up on them?  Read my arguments, they are clearly focused more on something other than them.  I just refer to them as "children", "useless character mode", etc, because I find them hardly worth their weight in salt outside of a few situations where you are forced to use them.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood my poking fun at them and my relatively small argument against just them for something else.  I truth I don't give much of a rat's &#! about operator mode in and of itself.  I find them largely a waste of time as such I find it largely a waste of time to get actually passionate against them (in and of themselves).

My issue again, is that I'm forced to perform a chore every 30 seconds (taking me away from the actual gameplay) in order to keep up an unreliable active buff that tried to replace the old passive buff that was completely harmless and non-disruptive (like an actual passive), and fails terribly at doing so.  Do not mistake this for criticism of operator mode in and of itself, because its not.  The operator is merely the tool used to perform this game-disrupting chore that pretends to create a passive buff and fails hard.  I am not criticizing the tool, only the chore and the idea that being forced to perform this chore was somehow better than an actual passive buff.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood this.

Some say "It gives more energy" and I say "Yes, too much energy, and I want more gameplay"

Some say "This expands gameplay" and I say "expanded gameplay means more options, not forced routines"

Some say "you can regen your allies energy" and I say "you could already do that before in two ways, and they could have done something else to accomplish the same thing, and now I'm forced to answer the call for 'energy!' from allies again and again"

Some say "Its just a simple button combination" and I say "a combination that becomes a chore of micromangement and doesn't work when you are pointed down and/or do it quickly (in my experience)."

Some say "It gets rid of mindless gameplay" and I say "Energy regen doesn't make the game mindless, our OP CC and damage make it mindless.  If 4 energy/sec is 'mindless' then how is 5 energy/sec + increased energy gain from energy orbs any better?"

There is nothing better about being forced to perform a chore every 30 seconds in order to get a greater energy regen than getting an actually passive lesser energy regen.  It only distracts from the rest of game, makes you micromanage a quickly expiring active buff, and further breaks the energy economy.

Edited by Insizer
grammar edit.
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

As far as I can tell, Naramon offers absolutely nothing that helps in the Eidolon fight, unique to the active school. It buffs melee, which is pretty useless against Eidolons. 

Other schools all offer something, healing, energy, shared protection, damage buff, things not available in waybound passives. 

Am I wrong? Can Eidolons be confused and disarmed?

9 hours ago, Kinetos said:

As far as I can tell, Naramon offers absolutely nothing that helps in the Eidolon fight, unique to the active school. It buffs melee, which is pretty useless against Eidolons. 

Other schools all offer something, healing, energy, shared protection, damage buff, things not available in waybound passives. 

Am I wrong? Can Eidolons be confused and disarmed?

For the *current* eidolon fight, the only thing it offers is enhanced mobility, which is... not exactly important. However, current Naramon passives can be a great timesaver for some of the more efficient ways of focus farming.

I'd like operator-warframe interactions put in.

For example, here's a skill for the madurai tree:

Skyfall:

Summon warframe to smash into the earth from above, delivering an aoe ground pound for massive damage at reticule.

Upgrade to any of :

1)Leave behind fire hazard (for cc)

2)Create rolling wave of fire scaling with enemies killed

3)Create singularity that sucks enemies in

3 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I'd like operator-warframe interactions put in.

For example, here's a skill for the madurai tree:

Skyfall:

Summon warframe to smash into the earth from above, delivering an aoe ground pound for massive damage at reticule.

Upgrade to any of :

1)Leave behind fire hazard (for cc)

2)Create rolling wave of fire scaling with enemies killed

3)Create singularity that sucks enemies in

When you mentioned this I immediately flashed back to Neir: Automata, specifically the air dashes where you grab your POD and without missing a beat have it throw you a distance.  It doesn't have to be the exact same, nor even mobility related, but synergies where both things are doing something at the same time would be pretty neat in warframe.  And I don't even care for operator mode than much.

Your idea is pretty neat, but there are some issues.  Specifically, dungeon crawler tiles like the grineer galleon and many corpus tiles don't have much head room to summon a warframe orbital-esque strike.  Why not have it summon right behind you, then jump and basically rhino charge to the reticle (a max of 20m maybe).  It could also be used to move your frame around so you can better set your respawn point for when (not if) you die as your operator from being in the open for more than a second in the middle of combat.

4 minutes ago, Insizer said:

When you mentioned this I immediately flashed back to Neir: Automata, specifically the air dashes where you grab your POD and without missing a beat have it throw you a distance.  It doesn't have to be the exact same, nor even mobility related, but synergies where both things are doing something at the same time would be pretty neat in warframe.  And I don't even care for operator mode than much.

Your idea is pretty neat, but there are some issues.  Specifically, dungeon crawler tiles like the grineer galleon and many corpus tiles don't have much head room to summon a warframe orbital-esque strike.  Why not have it summon right behind you, then jump and basically rhino charge to the reticle (a max of 20m maybe).  It could also be used to move your frame around so you can better set your respawn point for when (not if) you die as your operator from being in the open for more than a second in the middle of combat.

It's tossed as a rough idea. You can just have your warframe immediately materilise and have the explosion to simulate the impact. You need not see it fall from a great height.

Pretend it gathers velocity in hammerspace, haha.

Just now, Evanescent said:

It's tossed as a rough idea. You can just have your warframe immediately materilise and have the explosion to simulate the impact. You need not see it fall from a great height.

Pretend it gathers velocity in hammerspace, haha.

fair enough

On 17/11/2017 at 10:12 PM, Insizer said:

Zenurik's energy acquisition was completely redone to make the operator actually serve "more" of a purpose.  Basically, invest (a metric butt-ton of focus) in Energizing Dash.  At max rank it gives you 5 energy/sec for 30 seconds, forcing you to stop combat every 30 seconds to maintain an active buff that pretends to be a passive.

Aside from literally its most important part, Zenurik is better because now it has actives that serve a purpose without harming its "passives".

We are now forced to stop playing the game to gain energy.

As for that operator ability... its gone.  But hey, you can turn your operator into a vacuum that shoots electricity.  Enjoy Focus 2.0.

is that it? so who thought leaving the wf in mid battle to recover energy was a good idea? wtf -_- great "passive" ability

• Upvote 1