[DE]Rebecca

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

Yes!

Interesting, Unairu as the stealth-granting school rather than Naramon. I'm glad to see Vazarin retaining instant revives and Zenurik still producing energy for the party.

For visibility:

6 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Since Focus 2.0 is all about the physical Operator, I gotta ask, what happens during that time to our Warframes?

As we all know, Second Dream Ghost Operator mode renders our Warframe (and the Operator avatar) completely invulnerable. We don't have to worry much about our safety while dishing out various mild-to-powerful effects for a very limited window, after which we must wait a minutes-long cooldown to be able to trigger this mode again.

Fast-forward to War Within Operator. Our Warframe is still completely immobilized in plain sight but is now target practice for our enemies- it is utterly vulnerable to damage. The Operator has 100 Health, moves slowly even while sprinting, suffers from fall damage, and his attacks, stealth, and maneuver all share a small energy pool.

Now in Focus 2.0, the Focus Schools augment the Operator's abilities (Void Blast, Void Mode, Void Dash) with extra effects beneficial to us and allies and detrimental to enemies. If we're invested enough in them, we can improve the Operator's health, ammo energy (assuming related to Quills hand beam weapon), Operator abilities energy, and 4 unknown passives from Naramon and Unairu (I assume they are move/sprint speeds, and armor) stats using the 2 Universal Passives per school. That's great, the Operator can be a little tougher to kill, but I digress.

From the demos in the recent Devstreams and in Prime Time, Rebecca's Warframe remains stationary while she is in Operator mode. Not only do we have to worry about our current safety as the squishy warrior-emo-kiddo, we have to keep a very close watch on our defenseless Warframe where we last left them. This leads people to a) outright ignore physical Operator mode, b) hop in, hop out, there's no time to stay in Operator mode in heated combat when my frame will die from the crossfire.

The risk and reward is disproportionate here, and I hope Focus 2.0 will address this. Make the Warframe invulnerable for a time, make it invisible, make it into an autonomous Specter to fight alongside us, I don't really know the solution to that problem- but it can't just stay still doing nothing without protection of some kind, or else Operator mode stays as worry-about-my-frame time.

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Upvote 41
  • Like 1

Thank you for the hype management Rebb ;)

Very exciting to say the least.

Looking forward to these gimmicks, loved the concept that different Operator moves can trigger different abilities.
Hopefully it will create some more diversity all around. I'm quite looking forward to Unairu. damage reduction and extra armor (pls not % based)? count me in.
I'm particulary interested in seeing a bit of encouragement towards the channeled moves, these haven't had much use to be around untill some rivens with channeled reduction started to roll. It's perfectly understandable that things will be looked upon, can't really expect such a massive change to be perfectly fine tuned from the get go (like dmg bonus + maim + channeled + etc), But let's look at these at their own time.  That said, let's hope for the best.

wet dream request: would it be too much to expect the warframe to inherit the void dash? I've allways wanted to see Volt do some sort of split second short range teleport

I understand the dilemma > give too much power to the operator and it's Warperator, give it to the frame and it's too much cheese.

Edited by Duduminador
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Residual: Melee Damage: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more damage on Melee Kills. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Welp, time to dust the old Rhino with Steel Charge aura.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Hey that's not as apocalyptic as I thought it would be. I'm a bit curious still about how these will feel once they land (the actives, I mean) but the rest seems quite nice. I guess the main concern here will be the way Energy Regen is going to play out, so I'm looking forward seeing this and playing them around :)

As a question Rebecca, if I may ask, have you considered shifting some of that power you guys have taken off Focus itself towards Auras? Not in their entirety (ie: Energy Regen becoming nergy Overflow is a no no), but some touch ups instead. It could also help solidify the Mods categories and the schools purposes too (Because Naramon, Vazarin, etc).

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 11

time to focus guys... this is getting seriously juicy 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

DE, we appreciate your effort, but you need to make channeling worth any energy for any extra efficiency to be worth it.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Cross-Focus Unlocks

For players who delve deep into their focus trees, two passive nodes from each tree can be made “universal” once maxed! For a substantial Focus cost, these passives become available regardless of the school you are using. One can only truly “complete” a Focus tree by exploring all 5 of the Tenno ways!

Really... And you don't even want to look int channeling efficiency even if you  shouldn't have chosen zenurik?

• Upvote 3

Wait a second, aren't Marudai and Naramon swapped around?

Wasn't Naramon the school that was "the tactictian" and Marudai that was closer to "berserker"?

Why does Marudai provide invisibility?

PS: Unairu provides invisibility as well? Why?

Edited by phoenix1992
  • Upvote 57
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you for reading almost 4 pages - if you made it this far I salute you!

That was 4 Pages? whoa.

• Haha 4

Just now, Ksaero said:

Do I get it right? We'll be able to use all the passives at once?

As i read, yes and it is ... pretty good...

It is fair, maxed out, then use it anytime (oh... so much good stuff for trinity  and harrow... i am about sinthesis radius)

Just now, DimkaTsv said:

As i read, yes and it is ... pretty good...

It is fair, maxed out, then use it anytime (oh... so much good stuff for trinity  and harrow... i am about sinthesis radius)

That means my Exalted Blade will become even stronger haha

Thank you for giving the Warframes benefits from the new system. That was the major point of contention for me based on the initial discussion on last devstream.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Ksaero said:

That means my Exalted Blade will become even stronger haha

You really made it bad for me...

BUT

Exalted blade power blades aren't melee, so only concentration you will have, as i think... 

But that skill will still have a enemy lvl limit... maybe 150-200?