Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jet Stream becoming a exilus slot

(PSN)Zer0-Rama

1 minute ago, Lluminate said:

Escape Velocity can already be put into the exilus slot. Hysterical Assault too, but those are currently the only two augments that are exilus.

The argument against this isn't that augments aren't allowed into the exilus slot, it's that Jet Stream might be too powerful for that. On top of the movement speed for Zephyr, Jet Stream also buffs your allies' speeds and everyone's projectile speeds. Similar argument for Infiltrate, since that also has a very powerful secondary effect.

I wouldn't mind this but I don't think DE will go for it. It's been a long time since any past augments have been changed.

Oh gotcha. Been a while since I touched augments after Exilus became a thing. Thanks for the correction. 

21 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Ok, why is it that Hysterical Assault is an exilus but Swing Line isn't? Because Swing Line is even more movement based the Hysterical Assault.

You cannot inflict damage with Hysterical Assault.

Escape Velocity and Hysterical Assault share a trait. They are purely for movement. There is no damage they do and they do not increase the damage you do.

Jet Stream increases your movement speed... and the projectile speed of you and your squad. If you would like to get rid of this aspect of Jet Stream and make this augment purely about your squad's speed, then sure, make it Exilus.

This same argument is used by people saying Armored Agility should be Exilus because it increases Sprint Speed. Either people ignore or think they are clever by leaving out the bit about the increased Armor.

Just now, peterc3 said:

You cannot inflict damage with Hysterical Assault.

Escape Velocity and Hysterical Assault share a trait. They are purely for movement. There is no damage they do and they do not increase the damage you do.

Jet Stream increases your movement speed... and the projectile speed of you and your squad. If you would like to get rid of this aspect of Jet Stream and make this augment purely about your squad's speed, then sure, make it Exilus.

This same argument is used by people saying Armored Agility should be Exilus because it increases Sprint Speed. Either people ignore or think they are clever by leaving out the bit about the increased Armor.

I said nothing about Jet Stream. I was asking about Swing Line.

Read before you quote.

I hate to say it...but Augments brought us back to the SAME issue we had before....when the abilities were cards (and we had 10 slots instead of 8 + exilius) it really sucks and REALLY needs to be combined into the abilities page...in a way that at most 2 at a time are active (I see builds with no more than 2 augments most times)

as for OT..i really think that it should JS should be in exlius.

The only other augment that makes sense as exilus is swing line. Because it is ONLY for movement, period. I think the fact swing line isn't exilus is just an oversight.

But all the others also add something that either helps combat in some way (such as jet stream and projectile speed), or that Ivara's augment doesn't just increase her movement speed, but allows her to bypass laser barriers. 

If you want to take those things away and just make them movement only they could be exilus, but I think Zephyr and Ivara players would rather have the projectile speed and laser bypass ability then have speed only mods that they can use in exilus.

Be careful what you wish for. 

29 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The only other augment that makes sense as exilus is swing line. Because it is ONLY for movement, period. I think the fact swing line isn't exilus is just an oversight.

But all the others also add something that either helps combat in some way (such as jet stream and projectile speed), or that Ivara's augment doesn't just increase her movement speed, but allows her to bypass laser barriers. 

If you want to take those things away and just make them movement only they could be exilus, but I think Zephyr and Ivara players would rather have the projectile speed and laser bypass ability then have speed only mods that they can use in exilus.

Be careful what you wish for. 

Rip Line does damage, the augment doesn't remove the damage and makes it free for 4 casts in mid-air. It doesn't fit in Exilus based on the existing Exilus mods.

If Swing Line were to remove the damage from Rip Line, then sure make it Exilus.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Rip Line does damage, the augment doesn't remove the damage and makes it free for 4 casts in mid-air. It doesn't fit in Exilus based on the existing Exilus mods.

If Swing Line were to remove the damage from Rip Line, then sure make it Exilus.

I see what you are saying, because the augment doesn't remove the damage from the free casts (even though the ability is clearly designed so you can do some kind of spiderman mobility thing), it doesn't really fit. Good point. They would have to make the augment perhaps not remove the damage from the first cast, but at least remove it from the free casts while airborne or it wouldn't fit the mold right. 

I never thought of it like that.