Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny players discovering Warframe, mind blown..?!

I-OD

Yeah, I’m one of them... Ignored Warframe for years as I thought it was a bad free to play game. After realizing that D2 don’t give you any initiative to continue playing once you hit end game.

I felt unsatisfied so I’ve started to look if there weren’t any other game who could actually propose what Destiny 2 should have been and ended up watching Skill Ups review of Warframe,  got intrigued and downloaded it last week.

Already I can already see that I found an amazing game and why so many of you known this for a long time. Not only is the community really helpful and amazing, but also the dev team, how transparent they are with their business model, their weekly streams and how they listen to the community made me a fan immediately.

Would be cool if this thread could be a place where we who come from Destiny can share our stories on how we discovered Warframe and why we are so enthusiastic!

Welcome to the community and hopefully you enjoy your stay.

I don't have much experience with Destiny, only played a very small bit of the game when I went with a friend to pick up his copy at a midnight release event several years ago.

Edited by SurrealEdge

warframe has always been advertised as "destiny without all the bad stuff" or "destiny without mistakes"
not officially but its something i have heard nearly every time someone spoke about destiny 1

so yeah welcome to warframe i hope you enjoy your stay

I am the opposite, I will jump on Destiny 2 soon, since I played Warframe for like 3 years and I am more than ready to try something fresh. I also don't own a console so I never touched Destiny before. Warframe is still a great game, but unfortunately, there are not many good games like it aside from stuff like Borderlands, which is not a MMO anyway.

So yeah, things are not always black and while with which game you are playing and you can always play more than a single game seriously.

Welcome to Warfarm aka the Grind.
Where time and progression and a healthy dose of RNGesus can make or break your first 100 hours in the game.

But the shinies and color palettes you paid for ? They are all permanent. Not 1 time use unlike Destiny. 
And the best part ? No season pass or DLC skinner models.
So enjoy your stay.

Edited by fatpig84

Just now, Toran said:

Welcome aboard, Tenno. Enjoy the journey and embrace the everlasting shaders color pallettes! :satisfied:

Ohh snap! :D

New Tenno: may the Grineer come to fear you like a plague ;)

Edited by Dhrekr

Hi a destiny vanilla and destiny 2 player here as well. First things first, I want to welcome you to the magnificent community of Warframe! You'll love your stay here I assure you that. I actually just returned too after 4 years or so because of destiny as well. But as you said destiny 2 has no end game content and I reached max light weeks ago. Anyways enough about destiny, since you're just starting out Im congratulating you already because you're in for the treat of your life! You'll see soon as you progress. If you want to play together feel free to add me up. Again, WELCOME TO WARFRAME! :D

15 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I am the opposite, I will jump on Destiny 2 soon, since I played Warframe for like 3 years and I am more than ready to try something fresh. I also don't own a console so I never touched Destiny before. Warframe is still a great game, but unfortunately, there are not many good games like it aside from stuff like Borderlands, which is not a MMO anyway.

So yeah, things are not always black and while with which game you are playing and you can always play more than a single game seriously.

@-N7-Leonhart

Its definitely fun! My 2 main games right now is Warframe and Destiny so imo its great to cycle between the two. Destiny is fun sure but Warframes content and fast paced gameplay is more immersive to me as of now. Alas, they're still both great games!

I never bought into the D2 hype, I liked D1 up until i'd completed the "story". But after that it was dull, and i didnt stick around for the overpriced DLC.

I remember seeing WF a few years ago, because i recognised Excalibur and the glaive and it reminded me of Dark Sector(i game i loved). But assumed it was a crappy pay to win PvP game, like most free games. Less than 2 months ago I was recommended WF by a youtuber i follow. i thought "well its free, so if i dont like it i can just delete it." But i instantly connected with it, and ive played it every day since.

5 minutes ago, Zelorath said:

@-N7-Leonhart

Its definitely fun! My 2 main games right now is Warframe and Destiny so imo its great to cycle between the two. Destiny is fun sure but Warframes content and fast paced gameplay is more immersive to me as of now. Alas, they're still both great games!

Gonna play Destiny 2 too after having been very impressed by the demo. I'm happy to have learned that Destiny 2 and Warframe are too different to be a problem for each other. You can enjoy both and don't have to leave the one for the other. It reminds me a bit of Forza and Gran Turismo, both racing games that quench different thirsts.