Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

This sucks...I, personally, can get into Warframe. However, I refuse to go into the plains without my friend who can't get in yet. Its been something very special for the both of us seeing how we are both very far away from each other and its one way we spend time together. Here's hoping DE realizes the magnitude of this issue and finds a fix soon!

23 minutes ago, Asphopickle said:

This sucks...I, personally, can get into Warframe. However, I refuse to go into the plains without my friend who can't get in yet. Its been something very special for the both of us seeing how we are both very far away from each other and its one way we spend time together. Here's hoping DE realizes the magnitude of this issue and finds a fix soon!

Well, there is a temporary work-around, but it's understandable if your friend doesn't want to try it. It sucks that this issue is effecting people in such different and important ways. I too hope DE manages to fix this. It seems to be more important than they realize. If they have the fix, I'm surprised they don't push it asap. If not, then I find it depressing that they're prioritizing other things (I understand why they would, from a business perspective, but still...)

Edited by Alaestor

24 minutes ago, IlKaithe said:

Guess i never wanted to come back to Warframe after all...

I have a friend with over 1,900 hours into Warframe and he basically came back because I started playing the game. Now that I can't play he refuses to play, so you're not the only one :P

Edit: At least he still has the option to even play :/

Edited by TheronGuardxx

1 minute ago, RecreesCZ said:

Personally I havent had any problems until the new hotfix released few hours ago, but now im having the same problem. Workstation workaround doesnt help. Am i missing something?

Sounds like a new problem... Does it just say login failed? post your EE.log (from appdata local low(?) i think) in a spoiler tag.

Did the workaround say success or not? if not, what failed?

For those looking for the workaround Click Here. I'll keep moving this comment to my latest post.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:17 AM, Alaestor said:

Sounds like a new problem... Does it just say login failed? post your EE.log (from appdata local low(?) i think) in a spoiler tag.

Did the workaround say success or not? if not, what failed?

For those looking for the workaround Click Here. I'll keep moving this comment to my latest post.

It says ''Login failed. Check your info'' same as guys above basically. Password works perfectly fine on website of course. The workaround doesnt really matter considering workstation was already turned on for me.

Edited by RecreesCZ
Removing EE.log

Please edit your post and delete the ee.log, as it contains your email. (probably should have told you to censor that, my bad)

@RecreesCZ

But it says " HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden " ... seems new to me. I don't think this is the same problem. Try a dns flush (google).

Edited by Alaestor

11 minutes ago, RecreesCZ said:

I was wondering if posting my email was a good idea or not when i posted it. Thanks for the heads up. Also, DNS flush didnt help.

Hmm... For a sanity check, reboot your pc, verify the game cache via the warframe launcher, delete your ee.log, and try to log in again. If it fails, it will generate a fresh ee.log. Censor your email (sorry, again) and post it

Edited by Alaestor

22 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

Hmm... For a sanity check, reboot your pc, verify the game cash via the warframe launcher, delete your ee.log, and try to log in again. If it fails, it will generate a fresh ee.log. Censor your email (sorry, again) and post it

No worries about the email thingy. Anyways, seems like i cant really start the launcher right now because its giving me message ''update failed - content servers not available'' right now. Not sure if thats just a thing on my side or not but ill probably take a nap, redownload the game, and if the issue persist ill post message here later. 

EDIT: Also its worth mentioning everything worked perfectly fine before the hotfix few hours ago. I've been having fun all day today on PoE without any issues.

Edited by RecreesCZ

19 minutes ago, RecreesCZ said:

No worries about the email thingy. Anyways, seems like i cant really start the launcher right now because its giving me message ''update failed - content servers not available'' right now. Not sure if thats just a thing on my side or not but ill probably take a nap, redownload the game, and if the issue persist ill post message here later. 

EDIT: Also its worth mentioning everything worked perfectly fine before the hotfix few hours ago. I've been having fun all day today on PoE without any issues.

well most of us here havent been able to "have fun" for the last 4-5 days now so welcome to the freaking club

37 minutes ago, DrRig said:

well most of us here havent been able to "have fun" for the last 4-5 days now so welcome to the freaking club

Speaking of club (it's been quite a few pages since I said this...)

@RecreesCZ Here's your complimentary waifu pillow. Welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay of indeterminate length.

But yeah, I'm fairly confident that you're problem is unrelated to this.

Edited by Alaestor

17 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

Speaking of club (it's been quite a few pages since I said this...)

@RecreesCZ Here's your complimentary waifu pillow. Welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay of indeterminate length.

But yeah, I'm fairly confident that you're problem is unrelated to this.

I was bit bored so i decided to give it another try, i reinstalled the game, restarted my pc and such but yeah...turns out now i cant even update my game through launcher after flushing the dns lol. Guess ill just take the waifu pillow then and see if anybody else will show up with the same problem.

12 hours ago, RecreesCZ said:

I was bit bored so i decided to give it another try, i reinstalled the game, restarted my pc and such but yeah...turns out now i cant even update my game through launcher after flushing the dns lol. Guess ill just take the waifu pillow then and see if anybody else will show up with the same problem.

Well, feel free to join my public discord lol. I'm going to sleep.
Tomorrow, if you haven't found a fix or no one else has your problem, message me there and I'll see what I can do to help.

Good night everyone. Don't let the war bugs bite xD

Edited by Alaestor

9 hours ago, RecreesCZ said:

I am having the exact same problem as you.

Get the same message, launcher wont connect to their content server to update, so not even getting to the login part.

I found a minor error in the workaround batch files. I've corrected a mistake that was causing the "ON" file it to error inconsistently. 
It would appear for those files to work, you need to first manually set the Workstation service's startup type to "manual".
I've explained how to do that in the simplified work-around post.

Edited by Alaestor

Set the workstation service to manual, used the on.bat file - logged into the game - then used the off.bat immidiately and set the service back to disabled. So... yay, game is working. But still - FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME DE!
Now... fishing.

Thank you for updating the developer message at the top of the thread to acknowledge the issue is ongoing, I just keep opening the launcher every few hours in hopes of a new patch. Since repetition seems to be the theme of this thread, I'll just say again that I butchered my Workstation functions some time ago while removing malware and have no access to workarounds as a result.

I simply hope this is getting the priority it deserves. The update must be MASSIVE and broke things across the board, but accessing it in the first place still seems more important. Warframe is especially interesting when it's partly broken, anyway!

Edited by LostAlbatross