Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

9 hours ago, DustyB216 said:

So... What does this .bat file actually do?

My batch files will attempt to enable dependencies in a least-dangerous-first manor. It doesn't start ALL the dependencies as they change based on windows version. This focuses on the SMB 1.0 and 2.0 miniredirectors.

First it will try to start the workstation service (L33). If it fails, it will enable SMB 2.0 (L40) and try again. If that fails, it will enable SMB 1.0 (L48) and try again. If that doesn't work, it resorts to an error message informing the user it didnt work, and telling them they should run the " OFF " batch file to disable the things the ON file enabled.

The reason for this is some people only require SMB 2, where as others, unfortunately, require SMB 1 as well.

For those looking for the workaround Click Here. I'll keep moving this comment to my latest post.

Edited by Alaestor

2 minutes ago, Kel-Thuzad said:

Since the update I have not been able to log in, waiting for an early solution.

Yes, they seem to be breaking it more than fixing it... Though your reason for not being able to log in is different from ours. We haven't been able to log in since PoE dropped.

For those looking for the workaround Click Here. I'll keep moving this comment to my latest post.

I just ran into something potentially very strange. I was testing a media converter and maxed out my hard drive. When I opened the launcher to see if another patch was released as I've been doing, it stopped me and said I needed 100MB to function. After clearing the space, no updates started. Could this be something to do with the issue at hand or is it just a fundamental behavior of the launcher I wasn't aware of?

Verifying the cache (again) didn't prompt me about any missing files either.

2 hours ago, LostAlbatross said:

I just ran into something potentially very strange. I was testing a media converter and maxed out my hard drive. When I opened the launcher to see if another patch was released as I've been doing, it stopped me and said I needed 100MB to function. After clearing the space, no updates started. Could this be something to do with the issue at hand or is it just a fundamental behavior of the launcher I wasn't aware of?

Verifying the cache (again) didn't prompt me about any missing files either.

Pretty sure this was to ensure it had a minimum amount of space to page things out to the disk, or to hold temporary files that would be required if there was an update.

This is becoming a bit disheartening. I wish they would at least let us know what is going on and help us out a bit. Like I said before, I have no problem logging in, but I won't touch the plains until my friend is able to. Warframe is something very special to us and its saddening that we can't share this new exciting chapter together. I've been checking the website and this forum every few hours and it feels more and more frustrating. Just an acknowledgement would be very much appreciated.

I know you are working hard, DE. I can see it in all the hotfixes you have launched in this labor of love for us, the Tenno. I appreciate all you do, truly. I just hope that this issue has priority as some of your loyal Tenno are without this masterpiece that you have toiled over for so long. Please don't mistake our frustrations for any lack of love. We just want to share in this exciting new chapter with you and aren't currently able to without, at the very least, putting ourselves at risk. I'm sure this wasn't intentional. I know you love us. We eagerly await your reply.

18 minutes ago, Asphopickle said:

Please don't mistake our frustrations for any lack of love.

That goes for some of us, anyways

18 minutes ago, Asphopickle said:

We just want to share in this exciting new chapter with you and aren't currently able to without, at the very least, putting ourselves at risk. I'm sure this wasn't intentional.

Well, we hope. I mean... That would be crazy, wouldn't it? :D

Edited by Alaestor

Just now, Alaestor said:

That goes for some of us, anyways

Well, we hope. I mean... That would be crazy, wouldn't it? :D

well, if we didn't want to play we wouldn't be complaining here. I highly doubt DE would intentionally put any of us in any kind of risk. I'm trying to be optimistic :/

[DE]TimYesterday at 19:37

Hello DrRig,

Thank you for letting us know! I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any more questions.

You can stay up to date with the latest changes in Warframe by keeping an eye on our patch notes:
Warframe PC Update & Build Notes

Enjoy playing Warframe!

All of my faith is lost. ALL OF IT!

1xumol.jpg

Edited by DrRig

[DE]TimToday at 00:38

Hello DustyB216,

Thank you for letting us know! I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any more questions.

You can stay up to date with the latest changes in Warframe by keeping an eye on our patch notes:
Warframe PC Update & Build Notes

Enjoy playing Warframe!

-----------------------------------------

We riot now!

3 hours ago, DrRig said:

All of my faith is lost. ALL OF IT!

50 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:
We riot now!

Well, I'm not so sure about that... They did confirm it was a bug, and Glen said he was working towards getting it patched (though, his wording did make it seem like he had already solved it... Or at least part of it) .

I think all we can do is wait. Give them more time. Nothing else would be productive.
... Of course if nothing comes of it or they try to sweep it under the rug, then feel free to raise hell.
Personally I've set a grace-period of Monday the 23rd. If it's not fixed or there's no new feed back by then, I'll start making a fuss.

But for now let's give them some breathing room

Edited by Alaestor