Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So now that DE have established that more open world maps are coming, which ones are you looking forward to the most?

TheGodofWiFi

Eris would probably bring back some memories from Starcraft.

Yes, snowy maps are life especially a seemingly endless open world one, i was sad when i reached the map boundaries in Skyrim. :sadcry: The Long Dark was almost there but it felt empty due to the scarcity of wildlife and the inconsistency in their AI.

Older games like No One Lives Forever and Gothic also had a nice atmosphere for their snowy maps.

2 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Eris would probably bring back some memories from Starcraft.

Yes, snowy maps are life especially a seemingly endless open world one, i was sad when i reached the map boundaries in Skyrim. :sadcry: The Long Dark was almost there but it felt empty due to the scarcity of wildlife and the inconsistency in their AI.

Older games like No One Lives Forever and Gothic also had a nice atmosphere for their snowy maps.

oh man i had forgotten about gothic...... such a great game - shame about the second one tho...... :/ 

I think the Plains are already pretty high up there as far as what I would LIKE to see in an open world (trees, grass, rivers, wildlife, beautiful vistas, the works) but I do have more: Mountain range, Dense Forest (not with giant trees like on earth tileset), Corpus City, Winter Wonderland (SNOW), Infested Wasteland, Grineer Capital.

1 hour ago, Cupcake228 said:

Uranus,ceres and europe

That last one for sure. I can't wait to go out there and...

On topic. I would like to see what they do for Jupiter. It's a gas planet and as far as I can tell, we currently (IRL and in game) don't know what it looks like under that massive gas layer. I would like to see what the Orokin did when terraforming it to make it inhabitable. Really looking forward to free roaming Europe though! 

I want some kind of "annihilated city". Like, after a nuke or something. And have it filled with either Grineer, Corpus, or both. Or hell, make it a destroyed human city. Have regular humans in it. And zombies. Zombies are always a win.

Edited by o0Despair0o

Ceres would be awesome, having both that poisoned, rusting apocalyptic wasteland and creaking towering grineer industry.

I would love to see a Corpus megacity, like something out of bladerunner or shadowrun, or nar shadda from star wars. I dont know where that would be, maybe neptune or mercury.

Mars would be the next most logical planet as well. It already has kind of an open world feel, and absolutely gorgeous landscapes and skyboxes. With the mix of ancient martian (orokin) ruins and newly decrepit grineer outposts and camps, it would be an epic world.

And of course, like everyone else, infested Eris. I picture a landscape somewhat like silithus from WoW, or klendathu from Starship Troopers.

A vast, dessicated gray desert, but neither barren nor empty. Massive fleshy hives sprawl across the wastes, with twitching claws and spires arcing into the sky. The greatest hives are actually grineer galleons and corpus monoliths overtaken by the infestation and splattered on the surface.

Twisted spaceship superstructure gives way to loathsome, organic spires. Fungal growths and tentacled trees make up the flora of the planet, while spores choke the air.

Glimpsed beyond the off-color and perpetually bleeding clouds, more corpus and grineer ships consumed by the infestation can be seen orbiting the planet, sometimes crashing towards the surface, sometimes crashing into each other and merging.

That is what I imagine Eris to be like.

Also I am kind of disappointed by the lack of hostile wildlife on the plains. I expected feral kubrow, and maybe escaped now-feral drahk and hyekka. Or at least hyekka and drahk masters as common enemies.

11 minutes ago, Crashen said:

And of course, like everyone else, infested Eris. I picture a landscape somewhat like silithus from WoW, or klendathu from Starship Troopers.

A vast, dessicated gray desert, but neither barren nor empty. Massive fleshy hives sprawl across the wastes, with twitching claws and spires arcing into the sky. The greatest hives are actually grineer galleons and corpus monoliths overtaken by the infestation and splattered on the surface.

Twisted spaceship superstructure gives way to loathsome, organic spires. Fungal growths and tentacled trees make up the flora of the planet, while spores choke the air.

Glimpsed beyond the off-color and perpetually bleeding clouds, more corpus and grineer ships consumed by the infestation can be seen orbiting the planet, sometimes crashing towards the surface, sometimes crashing into each other and merging.

That is what I imagine Eris to be like.

This

11 minutes ago, Crashen said:

Also I am kind of disappointed by the lack of hostile wildlife on the plains. I expected feral kubrow, and maybe escaped now-feral drahk and hyekka. Or at least hyekka and drahk masters as common enemies.

And this

Mars (Steel Meridian FOB, Mos Eisley-like town, and Grineer fortress), Titan (industrialized town on Saturn's big moon), Ganymede (urban metropolis on Jupiter's big moon), and Earth (hopefully they come back around to Earth and put a greener landscape on it with civilians who are actually in the open world. Something like Naboo would be cool).

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Accursius13 said:

They should go Venus next just because the game has been attracting new players and you don't want to stick a new area so far and unreachable for new people.

they confirmed Venus to be next to get an open world map before PoE was even released

Mars and..

(I was searching on Google Images for star charts to search up cool looking planets, then I saw 4 different star charts I've seen when playing this game... wow I feel like a vet now, even though I'm only MR9 and I've quit the game multiple times. lol)

and... Saturn?
Also, some planets won't be available because they are gas planets, like Jupiter.

1 minute ago, Nickishero said:

Mars and..

(I was searching on Google Images for star charts to search up cool looking planets, then I saw 4 different star charts I've seen when playing this game... wow I feel like a vet now, even though I'm only MR9 and I've quit the game multiple times. lol)

and... Saturn?
Also, some planets won't be available because they are gas planets, like Jupiter.

Well, actually, It could be on one of their moons.