Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If your warframe is muted, sortie lua rescue is literally gambling

PerishedFraud

Without the hostage's voice to notify you, there is enough time to get through two/three consoles and getting all five is literally impossible.

It's possible with a team. It's possible if you unmute warframe.

However, if if you run alone without sound, the mission being beatable depends 100% on your luck.

Please make some visual indicator for which console/gate is correct.

Edit: No I don't want a glowing console. I want the portal to show what's behind it. How about that? If I can tell which one's right using sound I should be able to look at an opened portal to tell too.

Edited by BeeOverlord
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

And it's muted in the first place because...?

30 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

And I'm sure you have your reasons for muting Warframe in the first place.

How many reasons do you want to justify a bad design decision?

Edited by Epsik-kun
  • Like 2

Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

That's literally the same as saying Five Nights at Freddy's 4 needs to be changed from sound based to visual because you can mute it.

You don't really know what "literally" means, do you?

Why can't DE do it?

Because in the whole game except for Lua Rescue there are no mandatory audio-ques. The next closest thing is searching for caches - and even then it only helps, as opposed to being required, as caches are:

a) mostly optional or don't have tight time restrictions (even on PoE the time you get to find caches is very lax); 
b) can be mapped with any kind of loot radar;
c) don't appear in Sorties.

So, excluding Lua Rescue, Warframe is perfectly playable without sound for years already with the only drawback being a slight disadvantage while searching for caches.
Meanwhile, regarding your "literal" example, FNaF4 is virtually unplayable without the sound as audio-ques are the cornerstone of its gameplay. How can you genuinely think you can compare the two is beyond me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

Are deaf people not allowed to play and enjoy video games? The fact that it would be virtually impossible for a deaf gamer to choose the correct one should be reason enough to warrant some sort of additional indicator.

Was gonna add this to the thread, but you beat me to it. As someone who has had no access to speakers when playing vidya before, and no headphones, it's frustrating, but we can always remedy that. Deaf people can't. It's a major design flaw.

However, since DE has been good about correcting things for people with handicaps, ie colourblindness, I'm confident that we can add this to the list.

• Like 1

In design, visual cues are a lot more noticeable considering we get so much information from our eyes. Other senses generally don't need to be as strong but can help. It's a lot better to see the enemies that to hear them, but hearing them before you see them can give you the drop on them.

Fishing and mining in PoE also requires sound if you want to actually find fish and resource nodes.

If you have Warframe muted so you can listen, what I'd do is learn how to play with low music and only having sound effects on.

Otherwise, hope that DE adds some kind of Hearing Impaired mode that gives visual cues on screen for vital audio cues. Perhaps a ring on the screen that thickens and jumps in the direction of the sound.

I doubt you can hack, enter, leave, come out, and repeat up to 3 more times in the 60 seconds - the time it takes to hack the first panel and the delay for doors to open.

I play with sound really low, and I hate lua rescue sortie because it's all luck to me lol. 

I wish the separate panels opened seperate portals rather than all of them switching the one big portal.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Also, I did this alone today, and I didn't even know there was a sound cue. I had time to open every single one before I found it.

I did have something to say

Friend, you had ignored the whole post, took a single point out of the three you've seen listed, ignored that they aren't anywhere close to the main focus of both the post and the discussion here, and barked something completely irrelevant.

That's not an argument, it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

1 minute ago, Ozent said:

I doubt you can hack, enter, leave, come out, and repeat up to 3 more times in the 60 seconds - the time it takes to hack the first panel and the delay for doors to open.

I play with sound really low, and I hate lua rescue sortie because it's all luck to me lol. 

I wish the separate panels opened seperate portals rather than all of them switching the one big portal.

It gave me a minute thirty, lol. I din't know about you guys but it took 5 seconds for each console. Maybe I was a bit lucky?

I cant believe that someone is complaining about not getting any other hints than a voice/sound from the hostage which is locked away in a room.

Yeah.. this mission was clearly designed to see a bright glowing console which says "im the right one of the 5".. (sarcasm)

Just unmute the game... or "gamble".. or even be quicker .. 

But really.. there is nothing to complain about this

Running a sortie alone and without sound? For one, sorties are designed to be challenging so if you aren't using all of your faculties, that's a challenge you yourself must deal with as it is your choice to mute the game, thus removing any form of audio cues which aren't just for that mission, but are present in several quests, the Plains, and even in general stealth gameplay. However in the case of the hearing impaired, it would in fact be nice to have a visual cue. Otherwise, just run a team of 4 and have everyone hack a console at once. Much less likely to choose the correct one if you open 4 out of the 5 cells.

4 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

And I'm sure you have your reasons for muting Warframe in the first place.

Music.
Voice chat.

What the heck are you saying

I'm not even gonna start on the deaf people argument. I know deaf gamers irl who'd be angry at this. urgh.

For you "it's meant to be challenging" bafoons, tell me why every other sortie mission doesn't need me to unmute the game or waste time on nothing.

All we need is for an open portal to be recognizable when correct. No one wanted an instant solution, just a visual equivalent to what sounds are doing now.

I feel that this is one of those things that will get changed eventually on its own due to bad design. A thread like this can just speed it up.
 I bet you won't complain about it actually being fixed, you'll say "about time" when it happens. Jeez, people...

Edited by BeeOverlord

21 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

Music.
Voice chat.

What the heck are you saying

I'm not even gonna start on the deaf people argument. I know deaf gamers irl who'd be angry at this. urgh.

For you "it's meant to be challenging" bafoons, tell me why every other sortie mission doesn't need me to unmute the game or waste time on nothing.

All we need is for an open portal to be recognizable when correct. No one wanted an instant solution, just a visual equivalent to what sounds are doing now.

I feel that this is one of those things that will get changed eventually on its own due to bad design. A thread like this can just speed it up.
 I bet you won't complain about it actually being fixed, you'll say "about time" when it happens. Jeez, people...

So did you just mute music and voice chat or did you mute the entire sound? Even when muting music and voice chat you should still be able to hear the rescuee after opening his/her portal.

8 hours ago, Ozent said:

Are you still going in via the front door?  If so that's your issue, take the route that bypasses that and you've more than enough time to hack all the panels.