Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Longer warning for Hotfix

Shockwave-

DE, with POE missions taking even longer you need to give us more than 3 min warnings for hotfixes, lost my entire mission AGAIN with this hot fix, that is 5 in a row now, including an Eidleon lens. I am frankly sick and tired of the middle finger DE gives to the players every time there is a 3 min warning for a hotfix. I know you want to fix your game but give the players 15 minutes. Sorry just do it. When the hotfix is read wait 15 lousy minutes, maybe run a final test on it.

There is really no reason to treat players this way. We deserve a chance to finish our missions and opt not to start a new one before the hotfix since we tend to lose all our mission gains.

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

what's stoping you from staying in the plains?

You lose your rewards, if he's in a mission. It's not like he can't extract at anytime without failing or again losing your drops.

Hotfixes shouldn't happen at night time due to Teralysts Hunters.

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

nothing, but every hot fix i've been in the plains on it has failed on returning after the hotifx, every one, and that was true for many others. I did stay until it said it was safe to restart the mission, then it failed (network not responding), as it has every hot fix i've been in the plains on so far. There are also syndicate defense missions that are hard to time, the fact that someone might end the mission when you don't want to, etc etc.

What is the reason not to give players 15 minute warnings?

Edited by Shockwave-

2 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

nothing, but every hot fix i've been in the plains on it has failed on returning after the hotifx, every one, and that was true for many others. I did stay until it said it was safe to restart the mission, then it failed (network not responding), as it has every hot fix i've been in the plains on so far. There are also syndicate defense missions that are hard to time, the fact that someone might end the mission when you don't want to, etc etc.

What is the reason not to give players 15 minute warnings?

This happens to me as well, if a hotfix got me in mid of a bounty, never got the final reward afterward or standing.

13 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

after a hotfix, servers like cetus for example dont wo0rk for plays on older version. so for example it was night when they released this, people on the plains capturing teralyst. now thats a timed farm 50 minutes all you can eat. then theirs the fact with the hot fix you might not get your reward because you cant load out to cetus aswell as the fact you have to close open wait for update then wait for squad mates before you can go again. now look at right now. network not responding. the hotfix had broken the game. till de fixs that thats more time of the night and potential teraylst kills being taken away. you cant just say in the old version because you cant load out to cetus or back into the plains because your stuck in them which means no new teralyst to capture. 

Edited by Grimm

12 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

DE, with POE missions taking even longer you need to give us more than 3 min warnings for hotfixes, lost my entire mission AGAIN with this hot fix, that is 5 in a row now, including an Eidleon lens. I am frankly sick and tired of the middle finger DE gives to the players every time there is a 3 min warning for a hotfix. I know you want to fix your game but give the players 15 minutes. Sorry just do it. When the hotfix is read wait 15 lousy minutes, maybe run a final test on it.

There is really no reason to treat players this way. We deserve a chance to finish our missions and opt not to start a new one before the hotfix since we tend to lose all our mission gains.

I agree, the 3 minute warning is far to short, it could at least be 5 minutes, there have been so many times that if I had a just a few minutes more I could have made it to extraction in time.

Just now, Sonicbullitt said:

I agree, the 3 minute warning is far to short, it could at least be 5 minutes, there have been so many times that if I had a just a few minutes more I could have made it to extraction in time.

it should never be during a plains night and i think 10 minutes would be nice 

4 minutes ago, maj.death said:

You don't need to leave your mission before the hotfix though. You can just hang around in the mission until the hotfix is over. Course with the constant connection issues lately you're screwed either way.

No you can't, MANY hotfixes result in those who stayed getting errors on leaving. So again, what is the reason not to give a 10-15m warning, they MUST know a hotifx is coming. Even if they said "hotfix sometime this hour" I'd be fine taking a break and coming back later.

4 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

No you can't, MANY hotfixes result in those who stayed getting errors on leaving. So again, what is the reason not to give a 10-15m warning, they MUST know a hotifx is coming. Even if they said "hotfix sometime this hour" I'd be fine taking a break and coming back later.

Well said, I totally agree, staying in mission in no way guarantees you will not lose your loot and rewards, unfortunately.  

8 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Whilst I applaud DE for doing what most other Gaming companies don't do, and that's trying to stay on top of things with fixes etc. they do need to be a little more considerate when it comes to pushing them out. If a person only get's to play for an hour a day, they choose to do a mission that takes 20 minutes, then a hotfix comes in. It not only currently sends the mission to the grave, but you loose any loot or resources gained. So you've lost roughly 20 minutes of your time, you're never getting back, plus the loot/resources you worked for. I agree with a 15 minute warning.