Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is something challenging in this game?

Frayjais

So ive been playing warframe for awhile now (mastery 9, almost 10), and I like to think i'm well versed in what this game has to offer. I know I still have a lot to do mastery, inventory and mod wise, but I was hoping some of this games veterans could tell me something that would be hard for a maxed 4 forma potatoed build (if there is anything).

The hardest things i've done so far are sorties and LoR raid. Ive heard that the other raid is more difficult, and I know nightmare version will be too, but is there anything else? I feel like at mastery 9, there should a lot I still can't do. I've beaten every mission and every boss, can solo sorties, and my record on survival endless was 2h on kuva fortress.

So what am I missing?

Try all the weapons you haven't played yet. Since can solo Sorties and last 2h in the fortress, MR 9 looks pretty low. Did you even bothered trying some weps before doing all the start chart? Or did you just took all the best stuff available right away, Forma'd a couple times and cleared everything just for the fact of doing it? 

Ok that sounds kinda rude... Sorry 'bout that, but still, I think that you might have missed some things in terms of weapons. Other than that, you pretty much did everything "challenging", more or less. The game isn't really challenge-focused anyway. There are some, but people cheese them most of the time, so it just become high level rush where you can F up in an instant. Better enjoy the game in general than always look for something difficult to acheive until everything else gets boring.

mastery rank is absolutely useless and is not representing how deep you are in the game ...

raids are kinda hard, well depends on what you consider hard, that would be probably as close to end game content as you can get, and currently eidolons on PoE are unfriendly ... endless runs are fun too, you can still oneshot half of the enemies with proper weapon even after hour but you get some challenge in running around and staying alive when basically looking in your general direction can kill you

and part that I like on warframe is all that fun you can make yourself, run kuva fortress solo, go on 2 hours long survival, mess around with overextended frost, go farm thousand stacks on nidus and run around immortal for few minutes, pick some nice but superbad weapon waste potatoes and formas on it and do missions with only that

You do not miss anything, the game is not really that difficult.

What I normally do it play with my Ember 40-80 waves of defence or 60-80 minutes survival solo. However given the huge amount of bad mechanics(like getting one shot killed by a toxic ancient behind a wall during melee, absurd aura stacking and the spawn rate of different ancients, getting killed during the forced stun after a commander teleport at higher levels, general scaling damage that one shots kills you at L120+, or animation frames overriding quick CC) are fairly frustrating if you look for something that can be played by pure player skill and normally kills my fun before you could get to a point where you really test how much damage you can actually do with new stuff.

No body has mentioned a one hour run on the Index. The enemies will get to level 400+. Some people get the enemies up to lvl 700+. You may be asking what is the point in doing this though. At one hour John Prodman spawns and if you kill him he will drop his signature (its a poster with his picture and signature on it). If you pick up the signature you can also put it in your ship. 

latest?cb=20170216055105

On 10/31/2017 at 10:03 AM, Frayjais said:

So what am I missing?

I am mastery rank 16 and getting rather close to 17.

Generally my idea of a challenge at this point is taking a frame that's somewhere comfortably between immortal and shredded in seconds and running sortie/floods.

Bounties are also exciting but I need to get better at dealing with Ogmas. I have also though about making an Amesha.

14 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

I am mastery rank 16 and getting rather close to 17.

Generally my idea of a challenge at this point is taking a frame that's somewhere comfortably between immortal and shredded in seconds and running sortie/floods.

Bounties are also exciting but I need to get better at dealing with Ogmas. I have also though about making an Amesha.

Mag Shreds Ogmas.  Freezes them in mid air with magnetize.  And it being the plains, energy orbs drop like popcorn at a baseball game.  No reason why you can't spam every one of her abilities besides your kill speed being too slow.

@OP:  Warframe isn't really a difficult game.  It's more of a puzzler where you figure out which build trivializes the content you're about to run.  If you want anything resembling an actual challenge, step 1 is not using powers and pizzas, since they're your primary cheesers.  A mid-way point might be NOT using power mods and just working with the base abilities themselves.

The truth about the modding system is that most weapons and mods are designed around starchart content.  Level 60 is probably the upper most end of the balance spectrum, and sorties/trials going up to level 100 is just for "challenge" that we cheese through anyway.  When your damage and ability output is beyond overkill, you can step back and figure out where you're willing to sacrifice in damage/control for convenience.  Basically, through being broken OP we're afforded actual customization (I'd still like mods like Serration to have their own special slot though.)  The Astilla is such a beefy piece of equipment I can afford to give up some damage mods for shotgun spazz and ammo stock.  Mind, it's considered a shotgun, which past the Strun are blatantly OP to begin with.

Edited by Littleman88

On 10/31/2017 at 11:03 AM, Frayjais said:

So ive been playing warframe for awhile now (mastery 9, almost 10), and I like to think i'm well versed in what this game has to offer. I know I still have a lot to do mastery, inventory and mod wise, but I was hoping some of this games veterans could tell me something that would be hard for a maxed 4 forma potatoed build (if there is anything).

The hardest things i've done so far are sorties and LoR raid. Ive heard that the other raid is more difficult, and I know nightmare version will be too, but is there anything else? I feel like at mastery 9, there should a lot I still can't do. I've beaten every mission and every boss, can solo sorties, and my record on survival endless was 2h on kuva fortress.

So what am I missing?

Banshee

6 forma Lato

Mot Nightmare

I believe in you Fox.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Try all the weapons you haven't played yet. Since can solo Sorties and last 2h in the fortress, MR 9 looks pretty low. Did you even bothered trying some weps before doing all the start chart? Or did you just took all the best stuff available right away, Forma'd a couple times and cleared everything just for the fact of doing it? 

Ok that sounds kinda rude... Sorry 'bout that, but still, I think that you might have missed some things in terms of weapons. Other than that, you pretty much did everything "challenging", more or less. The game isn't really challenge-focused anyway. There are some, but people cheese them most of the time, so it just become high level rush where you can F up in an instant. Better enjoy the game in general than always look for something difficult to acheive until everything else gets boring.

I used my maxed gear to quickly unlock every planet so that farming would be easier, and of course I use maxed gear for soloing sorties, but I have tried my fair share of weapons. My MR is probably way to low though, as while i was MR 6, i didn't know you had to try new weapons to increase MR, so i just kept using my maxed gear all the time. Recently though, I have been trying a lot of new weapons and frames, and also messing around with fun builds. I guess I just have to find my fun somewhere else in this game, as challenge certainly isn't it. thanks for all the answers guys :D