Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Subcription Service???? Please Add?

Tavero

Hi, why is there no ---->OPTIONAL<---- subscription-based service in Warframe? Has anyone ever brought this up? I would be more than willing to commit $5-$10 a month for small perks. Such as 30d boosters, 15% off any full price plat purchase with a 5%-10% off on top of any daily rolled discount, 50-100 free plat a month and maybe early access to non-prime items. Seems strange to me that this isn't a thing in Warframe when 100s of free-to-play MMOs have been doing this for decades now (No old guy jokes please, LOL). Steady income for Warframe and convenience for me (Yes I'm that lazy, lol). I played from 2013 to late 2014 and just restarted Oct 2017,  had a subscription service existed at launch I probably would not have cancelled the service during the years I had not played (assuming the free monthly plat perk was in play).  Think of all the cool stuff that could have been funded for development over the years with all that lost income, lol.  

Sorry if this subject been brought up before, Tavero  

Hmmm.... you know, I wouldn't mind a sub based service either, something like ESO:

Something like $15 USD a month for:

- Innate 10% increase to Affinity and Credit gains (I think the actual boosters are too hefty, and this way the buff could actually stack with boosters purchased on the side)
- 250 Platinum a month
- x3 25% Coupons to be used at any time on select products (like the choices we have for login coupons on console)
- x1 Frame and Weapon Slot per month subbed
- Access to any preexisting colour pallets (but expires on sub cancellation and reverts frames to default color schemes)

I know some people would be avidly against this, but I think as long as you don't lock anything exclusive behind it, and instead make it appealing to long term players - it may just be worth it.  

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Hmmm.... you know, I wouldn't mind a sub based service either, something like ESO:

- Innate 10% increase to Affinity and Credit gains (I think the actual boosters are too hefty, and this way the buff could actually stack with boosters purchased on the side)
- 250 Platinum a month
- x3 25% Coupons to be used at any time on select products (like the choices we have for login coupons on console)
- Access to any preexisting colour pallets (but expires on sub cancellation and reverts frames to default color schemes)

I know some people would be avidly against this, but I think as long as you don't lock anything exclusive behind it, and instead make it appealing to long term players - it may just be worth it.  

Dude, for what you're suggesting there, you should barely get access to the whole classic color picker. I mean, color sets are 75 plats each, and 15$ alone ain't buying you all color sets, even with a 75% off discount. Even with the expiration you mentioned, considering everything else in your quote, it's still a ridiculous suggestion.

Also, ESO is doing terribly, why should Warframe lower to it's level?

@Tavero: If I'm not mistaken, the PSA tag is only meant to be used by moderators, so, you should probably remove it.

Edited by Gabbynaru

Well OP, 30 day booster cost 200 platinum, whch without discounts comes to over $10. If you meant, which I think you did, all the 30 day boosters, then thats 800 platinum. 100 plat is another $5. You now you're getting 900 plat worth of direct materials for $10. That comes close to $40. Going just with the lower end on the next part, 5% off in addition to play purchase is more than you'd think. For the 4300 plat deal, thats $10 off, the price of what you're arguing the price should be. 15% off the 4300 plat dea is a $30 dollar difference. If a person were to get a 4300 plat pack out of blue without discount, it would literally be cheaper for them to subscribe for one month and then get the 4300 plat deal. 

Early access to non-prime items would honestly be worse that early access to prime items since prime items are often better versions of what we already have, while others things would be completely new content. This would offend many players since paying money in a game who's very motto is "Ninjas play free" to get premium access to content violates that motto. This would likely result in a portion of the playerbase leaving. 

So, 800 plat worth of boosters, 100 additional plat comes out to about $40. 5% off is either $10 for 4300 plat, or $5 for 2100 plat. That mean's for the small price of $10, you are getting $45-$50 dollars worth of material. Going by 15% off for the 4300 or 2100 platinum adds $30 or $15 respectively, we get $55-$70 assuming no discounts. 

What you are suggesting wouldn't get warframe more money, it would result in them getting even less money for development. 

1 hour ago, Tavero said:

Hi, why is there no ---->OPTIONAL<---- subscription-based service in Warframe? Has anyone ever brought this up? I would be more than willing to commit $5-$10 a month for small perks. Such as 30d boosters, 15% off any full price plat purchase with a 5%-10% off on top of any daily rolled discount, 50-100 free plat a month and maybe early access to non-prime items. Seems strange to me that this isn't a thing in Warframe when 100s of free-to-play MMOs have been doing this for decades now (No old guy jokes please, LOL). Steady income for Warframe and convenience for me (Yes I'm that lazy, lol). I played from 2013 to late 2014 and just restarted Oct 2017,  had a subscription service existed at launch I probably would not have cancelled the service during the years I had not played (assuming the free monthly plat perk was in play).  Think of all the cool stuff that could have been funded for development over the years with all that lost income, lol.  

Sorry if this subject been brought up before, Tavero  

Usually when games add subscription services, it makes players feel the game is pay to win. None of the game companies that I know of have have done subscriptions without ultimately being labeled as Pay to Win. WoW is Pay to Play, Runescape pretty much fell out of the train a while ago, etc. Most of these games with subscriptions have lost their free to play aspects and it just grants the paying player too much of an advantage (and making new players feel bad).

The subscriptions service model will create toxicity because it makes player look down upon players that don’t pay. I guarantee you that it will happen not matter what.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

- 250 Platinum a month

1: something that stacks with boosters = exclusive to the subscription and thus pay to win since its the only way to get the additional boost on top of boosters.

2: just buy plat

3: coupons exclusive to the subscription, see #1

4: Thats more frames slots than DE makes frames. It also makes it where you effectively never buy frame slots. Revenue lost for DE there.

5: Lost revenue on all color pallet sales. Also is worth way more than 15$ so you are paying to pay less than everyone else does, making yet another exclusive deal that non subs cant get equally.

Don’t know if it’s been brought up already but prime access accessories pack or main bundle, can’t remember at the monument, the $60 dollar one, I think, gives you a 90 day affinity booster and credit booster. That’s basically $20 a month for a great set of boosters. Not to mention the plat that makes slots a non issue. I get it almost every time. Not that anyone has to but it is basically a subscription option. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

12 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

1: something that stacks with boosters = exclusive to the subscription and thus pay to win since its the only way to get the additional boost on top of boosters.

2: just buy plat

3: coupons exclusive to the subscription, see #1

4: Thats more frames slots than DE makes frames. It also makes it where you effectively never buy frame slots. Revenue lost for DE there.  No revenue lost because you would still be paying a sub... you're talking about 32p in slots friend, not $60 in content.  

5: Lost revenue on all color pallet sales. Also is worth way more than 15$ so you are paying to pay less than everyone else does, making yet another exclusive deal that non subs cant get equally.

1. It was a suggested 10% boost - hardly worth keeling over and crying about.  That's not pay to win, or else boosters in general would already be pay to win.  And don't give me that "but you can get them in-game" trash, you know as well as I do you can only get 30 min to 3 hours in-game.  You have to buy anything higher than that.

2. Just another reason to spend money on the game, the idea is of a package deal and I was looking at ESO as an example, they offer Crowns in sub.  The point is to add some appeal to a sub package, not to make it as trash as possible.  

3. Coupons already come from logins on consoles, so no, not exclusive at all - PC gets plat discounts, so having coupons wouldn't be an earthshattering addition.

4. There's like 50 frames, so I really don't know what you're on about, it would take like 3 years of subbing to get enough slots for them all

5 Again, ESO... they allow you to do dying on your costumes and such with plus.  Temporary access to colors is a perk, not an exclusive.  

Any "lost revenue" is made up by the fact they have a steady subscription flow - guess what, I already own every single pallet and I'd still sub under this model, meaning no lost revenue at all, only gains.  

You're really grasping for straws to contest a hypothetical subscription service that wouldn't even be forced upon you by any means.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

You're really grasping for straws to contest a hypothetical subscription service that wouldn't even be forced upon you by any means.  

1: Doesnt matter, it is an exclusive passive boost to affinity giving those players a definitive advantage over others for paying more. The current booster system that you pay for covers all the boosting properties that the devs have deemed acceptable. Adding another stacking layer on top of that would go against their system they specifically have built and have spoken against changing.

2: The plat you are suggesting they get is fairly worthless for the value put in while the other goods you are getting far out value what you are paying for. DE is overly loosing revenue with this system over all if they are giving you slots, free color pallets, exclusive discounts, and stacking boosters.

3: Coupons replace plat discounts on console, stop making them into something they are not. They are not things that would fit in seemlessly here on PC as the only reason why they exist on console is to bypass the cut console companies require on all purchases on their platforms and thus they disallow discounts like those for plat. Unless you want the entire plat purchase system to change then your suggestion of coupons being something of equal weight on PC compared to console is illogical and fatally flawed.

4: Frame slots are a large revenue for DE as every player wants to increase the number of slots. And its weapon slots as well. Someone somewhere buys plat, and it gets into the hands of people that want to spend it on slots specifically, meaning that plat was directly bought and funded that purchase. Giving it out free faster than DE makes frames would lead to people ending up passing DE and thus never having to spend plat on slots, removing a source of revenue for them that has played a significant part in this game's survival. Also, its only 50 if you are counting all the primes and rounding up, and most players would have no reason at all to have non primes and primes together at the same time.

5: Thats ESO, they built their game on allowing that and they have a marketing strategy that is entirely different than that of Warframe. It also launched as a buy then pay to play game, which is a stupidly large way to explode revenue in the first year of a game's life as players have to buy the game then pay to play it after that. This is Warframe, which is free to play and is supported by micro transactions for pay to skip convenience, where you pay for color pallets because they are a desirable cosmetic that people are willing to pay for. You are asking DE to give up all revenue for color pallets for every single pallet for every person that subs. Due to the number of pallets that exist, how many of them are bought, and how desirable of an item they are, thats yet another large revenue loss that is not covered by the sub you suggest. Most players tend to buy a few pallets, and a good number of the types of people that would buy subs would they exist even without the free pallets would be the same kind of people that would collect all of them. Your sub system is flawed there was well.

It isnt something that should  be hypothetically spoken about. DE has repeatedly stated to the very suggestion specifically raised that they have no interest in a subscription system because the game was never built with one in mind or with the foundation for it. Most players would be against the idea as free to play games that then add subscription systems instantly because of the numerous times in the past where games have done this and the game went downhill. It would also heavily invalidate a lot of the marketing for Warframe as being a place where you play free. A subscription system in a game you play free isn't exactly something sitting parallel with that statement, so it will cross for some people and that will lead to players leaving the game. This game does not require a sub system, period. You can buy plat if you want to support the developers, and with that plat you can buy everything you are suggesting being given to people for a payment which would be a lot less than the actual value of the goods they receive for only a month payment. If you want to support the game monthly, buy plat. Thats all they need to survive and thrive. If you want another method, get PAs or PAAs, which alone are worth their price for pre-discount plat coupled with boosters and items as a gratitude gift they designed the system for and thus see as a fitting reward for the purchase. Those come once every 3 months and can add up comparatively to your flawed hypothetical subscription plan.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, (PS4)lagrue said:

- 250 Platinum a month

$15 a month is way too high, that's $180 a year!!!!  I myself would never pay that much no matter what the perks were. I was thinking of something much more reasonable around $60--$100 a year. A price that most could justify spending without killing their wallets. 

This seems more ethnic reasonable. I'd pay for a subscription service to give slight boosts. But of course it would need a hard limit on what is included. Small amount of Plat each month sounds good. 10% to 20% boosters on certain things is good. Warframe slots is definitely no go in my opinion. A weapon slot a month or so seems like it could be good. Maybe as an extra, once a year it could give away a random or chosen prime access.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea if its somewhat limited so it's just a small boost for players who subscribe. It could bring in an extra revenue stream and, especially for players who are entering late, give them a way to boost their progress and help them catch up to veterans.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

Don’t know if it’s been brought up already but prime access accessories pack or main bundle, can’t remember at the monument, the $60 dollar one, I think, gives you a 90 day affinity booster and credit booster. That’s basically $20 a month for a great set of boosters. Not to mention the plat that makes slots a non issue. I get it almost every time. Not that anyone has to but it is basically a subscription option. 

Problem with that is that Prime Access is a one-time purchase That you cannot be repurchase till they release a new Prime. I'm suggesting a (set it and forget it) option.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:25 PM, tolivetodie said:

Go play a p2p game and don't mess with this game please...

By p2p which means (peer to peer) I going to assume you meant (pay to play). What I am suggesting is a purely OPTIONAL service for us laze Job having, homeowning, multi-car note, cell phone bill, Netflix and about 15 other bills to track, kid having ADULTS. Whom would love to sit down with what short time we have and relax playing a game we like, without having to think about whether or not boosters are active then wasting precious time leaving the game to go buy plat to rebuy boosters so on and so on. Not suggesting anything we can't already do in the game anyway just trying to make it more covenant for those of us that can afford it.