Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Currently We only have 1 "gun fighter" frame DE. Can we change that soon?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

19 minutes ago, Mavor said:

I still think we need an 'artillery' frame. A frame that has something like a shoulder mounted ult - cannons or missile racks. Perhaps arm mounted twin cannons or such. An entrench skill that makes it immobile but tanky and does more dmg. A passive that is a slow trickle of ammo regen.

Basically, if Mesa is the agile gunfighter - this guy would be a walking gun emplacement.

Shameless plugging in own concept:

One thing that I think is worth pointing out is that no matter what frame you play, guns are a big part of Warframe.  That's probably why there aren't many gun-themed frames.  If I had to choose between adding either a gun-themed frame or a frame like Nyx, Nidus, or Saryn, I personally would always choose the latter, because I see these as adding whole new aspects to the game rather than simply enhancing an existing aspect.

This isn't to say that they shouldn't make your dreams a reality, but I think it makes sense how we got here.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I concur. let's have another gun frame!

- a loosely soldier-based frame with abilities suited to automatic rifles, grenades  and the ability to call in an artillery strike

- a sniper/sharpshooter frame that can mark enemies, grant homing capabilities to projectiles and offer huge crit boosts.

- or perhaps a Gunzerker frame that allows you to dual wield a Primary and a Pistol at the same time!

I like this as 1 frame possibly. 

13 minutes ago, UMBRACORP said:

I agree. I've always wanted a frame that really transforms into something else during its powers on a massive level. I think a sniper-based gunslinger-class warframe that can turn its heard or arm into some kind if deadly beam weapon or rocket launcher would be awesome. 

Something like this:

Hell yeah. 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

I like it. Kinda a War machine theme?

Is one of the influences, in that the Warframe would have built-in Weapons along with what is carried into battle.

Since we have parkour and Archwing, no need for the ability to fly though. :cool:

42 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- a loosely soldier-based frame with abilities suited to automatic rifles, grenades  and the ability to call in an artillery strike

- a sniper/sharpshooter frame that can mark enemies, grant homing capabilities to projectiles and offer huge crit boosts.

- or perhaps a Gunzerker frame that allows you to dual wield a Primary and a Pistol at the same time!

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

I like this as 1 frame possibly. 

Agreed. I could see some sort of special forces frame be designed by combining these.

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Holy cow that takes me back. 

I was just watching a gameplay video, realizing how it still feels to hold up rather well after all these years.

Can't help to notice all of the progress bars having to deplete enemy health in the sequences I watched, but the movement, art style and sound was nice to reminisce about.

22 minutes ago, Mintaro said:

So you want a frame that has its own exalted gun? Or buff guns damage output? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

1 hour ago, UMBRACORP said:

I agree. I've always wanted a frame that really transforms into something else during its powers on a massive level. I think a sniper-based gunslinger-class warframe that can turn its heard or arm into some kind if deadly beam weapon or rocket launcher would be awesome. 

Something like this:

54 minutes ago, Pyrolizer27 said:

Agreed. I could see some sort of special forces frame be designed by combining these.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Looks my idea got archived:

Might have to repost it with updates.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Rambo?

OH! I meant ACTUAL myths and legends, not movie her. . . wait. . . . hm. . . . I wonder. . .could the tale of Lyuda perhaps be of use here? The White Death of World War 2?

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

OH! I meant ACTUAL myths and legends, not movie her. . . wait. . . . hm. . . . I wonder. . .could the tale of Lyuda perhaps be of use here? The White Death of World War 2?

Simo Hayha is white death I believe ...Gotcha..well mmm George S. Patton (also known as "ol blood and guts")is also another one from WW2.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Simo Hayha is white death I believe ...Gotcha..well mmm George S. Patton (also known as "ol blood and guts")is also another one from WW2.

Demit, am I getting two heros mixed up again? My apologies, but, thankfully, you get what I'm saying. Men and women with overexaggerated deeds (some more then others, others less) who get a badge of honor,like Vauban and his creation of the Bastille.

Hmmm. . . oh say can you say "Hayha-den Tenno" warframe?

Edited by Unus

24 minutes ago, Unus said:

Audie Murphy, Alvin York and Mad Jack Churchill are three others to consider, along side Simo Hayha, according to what I've read online.

Just now, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Audie Murphy, Alvin York and Mad Jack Churchill are three others to consider, along side Simo Hayha, according to what I've read online.

More possibilities are always good. Happy that Digital didn't disown legendary humans when they worked on warframes. With the precedent set, I think it's justa matta of aestheticafication, kink steamrolling, and ability adjustment.

Alas, that's for better men then I. . . but. . . I think I know a man who could make it work, if he's interested.

Honestly, when I think 'gun themed frame' I just think Bastion.

That's not a bad thing ofc. Big robots with big guns is pretty standard for Warframe.

So I propose we go one step further, we make a frame... thats just a big fecking gun. Nothing else. A walking talking shooting gun. The hammer could look like a head, so repeated firing would look like head banging. Get 4 people playing this frame together and you have a moshpit.

So, anyone want to invest in my idea? No? Okay...

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Honestly, when I think 'gun themed frame' I just think Bastion.

That's not a bad thing ofc. Big robots with big guns is pretty standard for Warframe.

So I propose we go one step further, we make a frame... thats just a big fecking gun. Nothing else. A walking talking shooting gun. The hammer could look like a head, so repeated firing would look like head banging. Get 4 people playing this frame together and you have a moshpit.

So, anyone want to invest in my idea? No? Okay...

warframe_fan_concept___jenoss_by_daemons

So this guy?