Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Universal Vacuum just happen already?

Crowshrink

We got a small range vacuum on warframes but it is only 3 meter. I personally prefer a 6-7 meter range universal vacuum on frames that is enough convenient also let the sentinels and other companions free choices.

Another part the 6-7 meter is still need you to move toward to the target but you can get the far away or behind the wall loots aswell. This could solve something yet not op.

21 minutes ago, Nimfacsaj said:

We got a small range vacuum on warframes but it is only 3 meter. I personally prefer a 6-7 meter range universal vacuum on frames that is enough convenient also let the sentinels and other companions free choices.

DE has said 3 m is probably the max we will get. The idea is for a QoL change. Not defeating the purpose in the Vacuum mod.

6-7 m will not happen.

3 m is perfectly fine for me. I do not need 6 m.

26 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Yes really. It's only 3m but they aren't going to completely invalidate Vacuum and the Chess kuburow.

Companion AI and how fetch works effectively invalidates Chesa kubrows. They are too dumb to fetch consistently and cannot fetch while in combat, that's completely useless.

The vast majority of people use sentinels with vacuum anyway, it's such a huge quality of life improvement and the whole ordeal with kubrow/kavat upkeep makes them even less favourable.

Make it so everything but health, ammo and energy is shared between the party so long people are within affinity range or something, that will make vacuum far less necessary.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

3 minutes ago, Mavor said:

I use my kavat 100% of the time and I never worry about picking up loot, I just do it. *shrug*

Kubrow/kavat degen def needs to go - it serves zero purpose.

It's a credit sink, so yes it does serve a purpose. Just like the credit costs for Baro purchases.

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE has said 3 m is probably the max we will get. The idea is for a QoL change. Not defeating the purpose in the Vacuum mod.

6-7 m will not happen.

3 m is perfectly fine for me. I do not need 6 m.

It is fine but it is convenience. I have also no problem to go and get every loot by manual but the vacuum mod itself was a bad idea in this implementation. Why? Because it makes an unnecessary gap between the sentinels and other companions. The kubrows and kavats also have a dna degradation and have a bad ai pathfinding or action ai. Sentinels not better in this part and they have weaker weapons but they have some useful ability too. With the vacuum on them they are pretty superior over the other companions. There is no need things like this and make us choose what we could and not what we wishing. These companions both needs tweaks and changes to become something what we wish to use by like and not prefer them just for the better things overall. An universal short to medium ranged vacuum doesn't ruin your gameplay and helps to get the loot which drop far or out of the playable area.

Peoples just defending the devs choices because they haven't better opinions. If you look further then you can see that what I proposed doesn't hurt the gameplay at all. You can not legitimize this once we have had already vacuum on sentinels then a shorter range how could ruin the gameplay if only used as a passive on warframe.

There is no reason to stick with the other ideologies becaus this is by far the simpliest yet not op and not harm to anyone.

Edited by Nimfacsaj

9 minutes ago, Nimfacsaj said:

~~snip~~

You can argue for sentinels all you like.

I have not used a Sentinel (or Vacuum) since Kavats released. My little Kavat follows me on every single mission.

Does a lack of Vacuum bother me? No, not in the slightest.

The poor AI does not bother me, neither does the DNA degradation. I do not like sentinels, its as simple as that.

My opinion is that Vacuum is a fairly pointless thing. It makes loot collection easier, but it is not all that important.

I do not care if we get an improved Universal Vacuum. A 3 m one is perfectly fine for me. I move around, I do not expect my loot to come to me.

Do I think that a 6 m Universal Vacuum is too much? No. 

Edited by krc473

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You can argue for sentinels all you like.

I have not used a Sentinel (or Vacuum) since Kavats released. My little Kavat follows me on every single mission.

Does a lack of Vacuum bother me? No, not in the slightest.

The poor AI does not bother me, neither does the DNA degradation. I do not like sentinels, its as simple as that.

My opinion is that Vacuum is a fairly pointless thing. It makes loot collection easier, but it is not all that important.

I do not care if we get an improved Universal Vacuum. A 3 m one is perfectly fine for me. I move around, I do not expect my loot to come to me.

Do I think that a 6 m Universal Vacuum is too much? No. 

Then we both have opinions which differ but it seems there is no reason to continue this conversation. This is a convenient and qol change which could make it better some thing. I personally haven't problem with no have vacuum but then the minimum is from the devs there should not be loot which locked behind a wall or a bug and the loot instantly go to your inventory. That could solve the loot problems for you for other not sure beause one enemy drop loot to all member. Vacuum implemented to "bandai" this one problem but it is too good for most of the peoples to not use it.

For me when they tested in one day not long ago the universal vacuum it was a warframe passive and I liked it and doesn't bothered me the range at all, but others whom used to like the long range vacuum cried because it wasn't enough. I just want that back and that is fine.  Not hurt anyone to have that range.

2 hours ago, Nimfacsaj said:

Peoples just defending the devs choices because they haven't better opinions. If you look further then you can see that what I proposed doesn't hurt the gameplay at all. You can not legitimize this once we have had already vacuum on sentinels then a shorter range how could ruin the gameplay if only used as a passive on warframe.

I think having vacuum on everything would increase the communities overall resource hording, which in turn could invalidate what's considered rare as a drop. With that considered, I can imagine the devs increasing costs on research and blueprints to make up for this.

You can use the Hema or even the Razorback bp costs as an example of the devs draining resources. (Although I believe the Hema was more of an experiment to see if the community enjoyed working together for a goal.)

14 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I think having vacuum on everything would increase the communities overall resource hording, which in turn could invalidate what's considered rare as a drop. With that considered, I can imagine the devs increasing costs on research and blueprints to make up for this.

You can use the Hema or even the Razorback bp costs as an example of the devs draining resources. (Although I believe the Hema was more of an experiment to see if the community enjoyed working together for a goal.)

The vacuum just need to be on warframes and only a medium range which still can vacuum the lot which out of place yet you forced to mvoe because the range is medium. I don't think this change so big deal for the need to make items cost much more. In a game where the loot is slowly growing and someday you get everything. This not increase the number of loots what you could get and if DE wish to make something expensive or time sink then they could add other systems instead of bothering with weapons.

Hema was a strange experiment which tried to check if peoples could work together but they not calculated the one man clans and the big clans with many idle peoples. There were peoples whom left the game long ago others just took breaks and clans kicked these peoples whom once was their friends and mates. This made some salt and trouble among clans.

The vacuum change is not a big order to do something which helps the quality yet motivate you to do something.

14 minutes ago, Dasmir said:

why you want a band-aid mod to something should be baseline,better buff warframe vacuum range

Universal vacuum is more the band aid since it isn't needed and the mod is utility.

Scott and Sheldon added the increased pick up range likely because items are harder to see in the grass of PoE.

probably not gonna get larger than the 3m innate vacuum they begrudgingly added, Sheldon seemed pretty clear on not giving out a wide range Universal Vacuum. personally I'm not too bothered, and if they buffed Kubrows and Kavats with both improved AI and a statistical increase to most areas, people might find them worth using more.