Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people get so salty at leeching?

4thBro

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

How you've managed to gleen any of that from what I've posted is beyond me.

In short simple terms: Leech Bad. 

In slightly more elaborate terms: Ignoring a problem in favor of temporary solutions is bad and regressive, just because you can handle a leech, it doesn't mean you should have too, not everyone wants to be in a clan, leeching makes no sense at its core: Why play the game to not actually play it?

The system works if you are playing with people who mutually benefit and know what they are doing.

The system can be abused yes, but only if you allow other people to do so.

One of the things you might not understand is how much freedom Warframe gives players.
Freedom to go to any mission with any set-up and any playstyle they choose.

The biggest problem with leechers is that they do NOTHING to help the team when there are options to do it without killing. I leeched a few times but i brought my rhino built for buff, everybody loves 100% more dmg and nobody complained about it. I could stomp to clear wave if i had to. You can use EV trinity, you can use oberon , hell even limbo with cataclysm to provide energy and stop time when needed is fine. But you are to selfish to even think about that.

5 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

The system works if you are playing with people who mutually benefit and know what they are doing.

The system can be abused yes, but only if you allow other people to do so.

One of the things you might not understand is how much freedom Warframe gives players.
Freedom to go to any mission with any set-up and any playstyle they choose.

If its mutual/planned then by definition its not leeching. So i got no idea what your first point has to do with this.

The game giving players freedom in terms of loadouts and gear doesn't justify leeching. Why would that ever justify leeching? You know what leeching is right? Its got nothing to do with going into a match with low level gear. Its standing around doing nothing but hiding while you afk and make a sandwhich, with zero contribution or effort what so ever. Most people don't play games to have someone stare at a wall.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, StinkyPygmy said:

If its mutual/planned then by definition its not leeching. So i got no idea what your first point has to do with this.

The game giving players freedom in terms of loadouts and gear doesn't justify leeching. Why would that ever justify leeching? You know what leeching is right? Its got nothing to do with going into a match with low level gear. Its standing around doing nothing but hiding while you afk and make a sandwhich, with zero contribution or effort what so ever. Most people don't play games to have someone stare at a wall.

You know there's no justification for leeching right?
It's just human nature to try and take advantage of others especially when it's anonymous and without penalties.

Of course, by playing solo, with friends, or clannies, you can play without such a nuisance.

Now, since I know you'll claim my argument is regressive (?), I'd like to hear what your prosposed solution to the influx of people whining about lazy pugs.

I personally hate leeches. Especially and exclusively in sorties. I can forgive folks taking poor load outs into regular missions, they could have clicked B or C in their loadout forgetting it had no mods in it, they could be leveling somewhere other that dark sectors for some variety, they might be trying to level a bunch of stuff all at once( kinda lame, but i get the idea behind it, get it over with and move on, hopefully its not a regular thing).

But if you are going into sorties with anything less than your best load out and then just sit and wait, you are a leech and deserve to get herpes all over your body. 

Edited by SpinnningSideKick

I think you'll find most ppl don't mind you bringing a couple things to farm. But bringing nothing to the table irks ppl bc you're essentially stating, I'm going to be useless, and you're helping me whether you want to or not.

By doing this you're giving ppl no choice in the matter. It's not hard to go to recruiting to ask for a carry. So in public, I usually always bring at least 1 good piece of gear on my loadout, so should the need arise, I can help.

That's the biggest issue, public leeches who bring nothing, and don't give ppl an option. This is a Co op game, just bc you're ok with something, doesn't mean we all are, and simply bringing 1 good piece of gear, shows consideration. 

I mean you don't go to a pot luck party with nothing, and expect everyone to be cool with you drinking all their beer and eating all their food. I mean who can't at least bring a six pack or a bag of chips

12 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

I think you'll find most ppl don't mind you bringing a couple things to farm. But bringing nothing to the table irks ppl bc you're essentially stating, I'm going to be useless, and you're helping me whether you want to or not.

By doing this you're giving ppl no choice in the matter. It's not hard to go to recruiting to ask for a carry. So in public, I usually always bring at least 1 good piece of gear on my loadout, so should the need arise, I can help.

That's the biggest issue, public leeches who bring nothing, and don't give ppl an option. This is a Co op game, just bc you're ok with something, doesn't mean we all are, and simply bringing 1 good piece of gear, shows consideration. 

I mean you don't go to a pot luck party with nothing, and expect everyone to be cool with you drinking all their beer and eating all their food. I mean who can't at least bring a six pack or a bag of chips

Well said man. Thank you. 

While the all too common leaching doesn't make me angry, it does sometimes make me a bit sad. 

We have such a great community of tennos, and when you see lazy ones it just seems, off. 

There is no need to leach, even at mr10, you can solo 20 waves of akhad with a rank 0 frame and 1 good weapon.

Contribute, take some responsibility.

3 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Then how have I been passively leveling gear all this time?

The wiki isn't always 100% correct. The results speak for themselves.

Go solo into an exterminate and only kill with 1 weapon and you should see that you only get affinity for that weapon.  As a mostly solo player, I know all too well how that goes.

I am fine with helping people do stuff.

but when you piss off to fish or mine during a misson and halt progress, its just stupid.

the worst is what it ither abandones the mission due to it or a prisoner target follows the person who never comes to the point.

in all other missions you can more or less ignor the leechers becasue they have no impact. in PoE, thay actly can prevent people from finishing or domehitng things by being there.

I also tend to do def missions when leveling a frame and attempt to contribute in some way. if someone is wiping the map, i try to put down energy for them and kill waht I can.

I have not run into too many people who dont do much during most missions. other then PoE. its a much larger problume there

21 hours ago, 4thBro said:

You made this post like I should be afraid of repercussions. Is that the forum community? Punishing of one whom speaks their mind, regardless of popular opinion?

I feel like you really just applied your own beliefs as facts here. Why am I a bad person because I chose to farm on Ember, my fastest farmer? It's not my fault it inadvertently impairs the fun others get to have. I'm just playing Ember.

But additionally in this scenario, there's a legitimate leech and a guy who unwillingly became one. And my point is that REGARDLESS of intentions, both people are effectively the same thing. THE THING IS, it's not like Ember is the only one who does this. MANY frames do this. You'd be burying your head in the sand to disagree with that statement. And so, in a world where all these runs get dominated by 1 person SO often... Why not bring low level S#&$ that you need leveled up??? Legitimately, why not??? I keep sarcastically saying Earth Earth Earth. But I want a serious answer from the majority of you. Where is one seriously expected to level the HORDES of trash items that you need 30'd for Mastery Ranks?

Ok, aside from your seemingly nonsensical logic, people are saying that leeching, as in, bringing nothing that helps the squad is bad, because the game scales difficulty up depending on the amount of people in a squad, and a leecher is effectively just adding unnecessary difficulty, that MIND YOU, not EVERYONE WANTS. You, sir, may be a person who enjoys using an Ember to carry lower ranked players, but other people enjoy different playstyles, like synergistic team play, so be open mined to how other people feel.

I, personally, bring my "hordes of trash items" to Hieracon, but, even though my primary, secondary and melee may be complete and utter trash, I carry with me a level 30 Rhino, so I can CC lock enemies, boost my allies damage, and keep myself alive. This is not leeching because I am contributing to my allies efforts in the mission. An example of leeching would the same scenario, but I don't bring my Rhino, I instead bring my level 0 Loki, and then proceed to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, it can be very frustrating for other players to see someone who could be doing something, (as a Loki, even level 0 I can bring distraction to the enemy ranks by deploying decoys, being an invisible nuisance, and using radial disarm to create even more chaos). Seeing someone do nothing is, quite frankly, offensive, and I can see why you'd not mind carrying someone, but other people, with different opinions, do mind.

18 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

You know there's no justification for leeching right?
It's just human nature to try and take advantage of others especially when it's anonymous and without penalties.

Of course, by playing solo, with friends, or clannies, you can play without such a nuisance.

Now, since I know you'll claim my argument is regressive (?), I'd like to hear what your prosposed solution to the influx of people whining about lazy pugs.

Good thing I never claimed there was justification then.

I'm simply pointing out that none of those suggestions are a catch all solution that you can whip out of the bag every time someone has a complaint. Nor are they appropriate or viable solutions for everyone. Its bandaid fix at best for something that recently has become pretty prolific.

I also wasn't aware this thread was about proposing solutions. Off the top of my head not a whole lot come to mind, but something a bit more stringent like other games have in place would be nice. like a working AFK system. 

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Go solo into an exterminate and only kill with 1 weapon and you should see that you only get affinity for that weapon.  As a mostly solo player, I know all too well how that goes.

I've never had that experience I generally level multiple weapons at once in solo by using one weapon exclusively. Hek, a lot of people passively level weapons by solo stealth farming and exclusively use their melee.

So I'm not sure where the discrepancy is. I personally have not ever had the same experience as you described with affinity distribution.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

10 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

Do people not realize you get more XP and therefor more focus if you are the one killing things?

Not true.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.

• Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing mode as it has much larger ranges for shared affinity.

1 hour ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I've never had that experience I generally level multiple weapons at once in solo by using one weapon exclusively. Hek, a lot of people passively level weapons by solo stealth farming and exclusively use their melee.

So I'm not sure where the discrepancy is. I personally have not ever had the same experience as you described with affinity distribution.

It's been like that since I started playing a couple years ago.  If I do the stealth focus farm, I bring my Sicarus Prime along just in case I get jumped by a hit squad, and I walk out with zero focus on it, or sometimes as low as 6 focus of so from completing my mission bonus objective (like getting 30 kills or something).  Can you provide a screenshot of it working for you?  Because it sounds like a bug if it is working for you...or maybe you shouldn't if it's a bug that benefiting you, lol.

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Not true.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

It's been like that since I started playing a couple years ago.  If I do the stealth focus farm, I bring my Sicarus Prime along just in case I get jumped by a hit squad, and I walk out with zero focus on it, or sometimes as low as 6 focus of so from completing my mission bonus objective (like getting 30 kills or something).  Can you provide a screenshot of it working for you?  Because it sounds like a bug if it is working for you...or maybe you shouldn't if it's a bug that benefiting you, lol.

Is your sicaras maxed? Because that affects affinity distribution.

This topic is still not locked, even though there is clear baiting in the tittle and op?

First off, OP you are such an amazing Straw man, that you can pursue carrier in politics. In case something fell over your head and made you loose your memories - bringing non maxed loadout, is not the same as bringing underdeveloped one.  If you can't defirante between leaching and leveling gear, it is your own damn issue.

Secondly, OP your escapades in Bere or whenever you farm Focus, is again your own personal issue. Leaching is not limited to those locations.  If you are okay with carrying people in mediocre content - fine. But the same people show up in Sorties, PoE and Axi fissures, and there is the small thing called "more players, more enemies". Leachers forcing other people to play cheese frames in order to get carried, is not cool.

Gonna throw this here.

I play mainly Duality Equinox. And when you play that, damage done by Duality is not registred in TAB screen unless you are host.

(Some fine index leeching. 40 kills 0% dmg done.)

Spoiler

unknown.png

So naturally I've been accused for leeching A LOT. I'm not saying that leeching is alright. But people can be too harsh about it as well. Some person were so mad at me 'doing nothing' that they spend half of the game typing. 

Sure leeching is not a good thing to do. But do you really have to be THAT triggered?