Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people hate Operator that much? what is the true reason?

FireSegment

Цитата

seriously?

And what you want to hear? "I don't like pineapples but I like oranges" and someone says "Seriously?" They just don't. Period.

And yes they are indeed weak, quite ugly, have really weird animation, slow af outside of void dash and overall aren't needed outside cinematics and lore. Playing is them didn't bring anything new, once you upgraded all you need in focus and got an amp killing Eidolons takes seconds just like ANY boss so that didn't change anything + now basically entire focus dedicated to them despite so many people not giving a flying **** about them. Operators are just a new shiny toy for developers like many other things before and like many other things before I wonder how soon they will forgot about them and start doing something absolutely different and we will have to deal with the consequences like always.

Plus kds and teenagers in media usually just awful and the only instances when they're not is when they don't look or act like ones (Last of Us or The walking dead game for example). That's not even the case with warframe.

Цитата

If Operator ruins something to you, then what got ruin?

How bout an entire focus when 90% there are for operators and therefore thing no one will even use because just like operators skills are weak af? And the ONE useful skill is tied to constantly switching onand off the operator every 30 seconds as well which breaks the flow of the game.

And now so called end game aka Eidolons is tied to the operators, their skills and their weak wepons. Look at this. It's just new raids while old ones are forgotten and left to rot despite initially the devs promising making one new every 6 months, but despite it being a new raid you get no rewards other than those that upgrade your operator. In short, they didn't bring anything useful for a regular gameplay so thsoe who don't like operators got nothing. 

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, Karthunk said:

Only reason I hate him is because I'm FORCED to use my operator. Give me back my passive energy gain without forcing me to do a void dash every 30 seconds and my opinion might change.

You do know Zenurik has been overall buffed since Focus 2.0 right? You just have to be slightly more active, which is something DE has been trying to get us to do as of late. Energizing Dash regens for 25 seconds at max, and can not only be shared with your teammates, but is also stackable. You also get +50% more energy from pickups. There's no 120 second long cooldown before any of these bonuses come into effect either. Seriously you sound like the people that cried about how you have to move your mouse a little now for Mesa's Peacemaker. Seriously it takes 3 buttons to reactivate a no cooldown ability.

How bout an entire focus when 90% there are for operators and therefore thing no one will even use because just like operators skills are weak af? And the ONE useful skill is tied to constantly switching onand off the operator every 30 seconds as well which breaks the flow of the game.

And now so called end game aka Eidolons is tied to the operators, their skills and their weak wepons. Look at this. It's just new raids while old ones are forgotten and left to rot despite initially the devs promising making one new every 6 months, but despite it being a new raid you get no rewards other than those that upgrade your operator. In short, they didn't bring anything useful for a regular gameplay so thsoe who don't like operators got nothing. 

Have you done Second Dream? Did you watch what was going on? Focus IS the Operator. Every bonus obtained from focus trees are directly tethered to your Operator. The more nodes you gain, the stronger your Operator becomes - not your Warframe. Both lore wise and game wise this is the case, and was the case since before Focus 2.0

However now instead of waiting 120 seconds for passives to kick in, we have to actually wake up our Tenno and have them do something to activate them. With practice it'd take but a second to use an Operator ability (usually void dash) to be given the stronger buffs. Or if you don't like it, you can just stick to the nodes that give purely passive ones - all also available immediately now.

And btw, if you're absolutely forcing yourself to never use your operator because you "don't like them" that is your fault. Not DE's. If you're so focused on hating something to the point of ignoring the huge boosts it can give you with minimal effort, then that's your prerogative. Keep on hatin'.

Edited by SoulEchelon

7 минут назад, SoulEchelon сказал:

You do know Zenurik has been overall buffed since Focus 2.0 right? You just have to be slightly more active, which is something DE has been trying to get us to do as of late. Energizing Dash regens for 25 seconds at max, and can not only be shared with your teammates, but is also stackable. You also get +50% more energy from pickups. There's no 120 second long cooldown before any of these bonuses come into effect either. Seriously you sound like the people that cried about how you have to move your mouse a little now for Mesa's Peacemaker. Seriously it takes 3 buttons to reactivate a no cooldown ability.

You sound like everyone just squat on Bere 24/7 and just stay in one place but most people actually play the game as it is.

They're already "active". But now warframe just turns into a game "watch your "cooldowns" on various abilities and manage you stacks/multipliers". Watch your health bar and go into operator once it drops, watch your energize dash timer, watch your nidus stacks and cooldowns, watch your gara 2 and 4 timer and all those thinsg inbetween shooting stuff. 

It's not complicated. It's not "making it more active". It's tedious and boring. Yes you had to wait for zenurik but then you only had to activate it once. People wanted passives to be passives. Energizing dash still isn't but at least energy regen is still there otherwise whole focus would be a total trash can.

27 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You sound like everyone just squat on Bere 24/7 and just stay in one place but most people actually play the game as it is.

They're already "active". But now warframe just turns into a game "watch your "cooldowns" on various abilities and manage you stacks/multipliers". Watch your health bar and go into operator once it drops, watch your energize dash timer, watch your nidus stacks and cooldowns, watch your gara 2 and 4 timer and all those thinsg inbetween shooting stuff. 

It's not complicated. It's not "making it more active". It's tedious and boring. Yes you had to wait for zenurik but then you only had to activate it once. People wanted passives to be passives. Energizing dash still isn't but at least energy regen is still there otherwise whole focus would be a total trash can.

Edit: I read slightly wrong, so changed my post.

You must not know exactly how to use your Operator effectively, which is no surprise since you refuse to use them at all. Here's a tip:

Operator key + Crouch + Jump + Operator key.

You can do this quickly and immediately on the fly. There is no "squating" anywhere and you don't have to sit in one place as your operator. Typically they're not even out longer than a second. Some people on youtube can do the void dash so fast it looks like they never even left their warframe. With practice you can do it too.

If you're talking specifically about the Zenurik buff, it stays with you when you leave the bubble. You don't have to sit in it to keep the buff going.

As for complaining about having to keep an eye on cooldowns....No. I'm sorry but that's a really derp thing to complain about in a game like this. For someone who argues everyone doesn't "squat on bere 24/7", you seem really against actually being active.

Edited by SoulEchelon

21 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Everyone calls things they don't like a "gimmick". That's an opinion, not a fact. My opinion however, is that they add a new layer of gameplay that forces us to think quickly and differently in new situations. You can scream "gimmick" all you want, it means jack-all to me.

Is your opinion more important somehow?

And all you've done is complain and insult them. Those aren't suggestions nor even constructive.

To be fair, you're not being exactly constructive either. Very defensive for some reason though.

You do know Zenurik has been overall buffed since Focus 2.0 right?

Opinion, not a fact. It might mean jack-all to someone else, right?

I don't like how they look, even though I've spent 400+ plat on dressing them up they still look awful.

I don't like what they say, it's cringey, does not fit into the lore (the lore that they're actually experienced veteran warriors stuck in a child's body because of the mystery of the void) and the devs themselves have stated that they intentionally made them cringey and wanted them to be hated. So I guess good job? hi-five? you said you would make poo-poo in the toilet and you did it?

I don't like how weak they are. They have terrible mobility and the only reason I take mine out is to either void dash for the energy or hold ctrl and rez a teammate using the invuln/stealth mechanism. Every other node across all 5 trees is just plain useless and it's very clear that focus 2.0 was rushed out to avoid delaying Plains of Eidolon even further. And the evidence is quite clear; everyone said for years "unairu is bad because the armour bonus is % base which makes it useless on everyone except for chroma who doesn't care about that bonus anyways", and then focus 2.0 came out and unairu's passive is literally just 10% bonus armour. Actually WTF. They literally learned nothing and took zero feedback pretty much only made sure zenurik users were compensated for focus 2.0. So now the only worthwhile focus is literally void dash and that's it, which made them even more weak and useless. Are they usable for missions? sure but you're gimping yourself heavily and it'd be much more comfortable and optimal to use actually good gear and setups. Everyone's reaction "operator only sorties" was dear god that sounds awful, and after we got these new operators, yep that's the same opinion.

I don't like the grind, which was designed to give you a reason to keep playing and gathering exp past 30, but the grind is so immense that it feels futile and pointless to try and max things out. And the constant changes to exp gain; what they wanted was to avoid draco farming metas from popping up; they don't want players playing one node one specific way and that being the most optimal method. Except grind is so bad that everyone just does adaro sedna stealth exterminates; it's literally a draco farming meta and the grind is so big it's as if they've tuned the grind around it because everyone knows for a fact that you are not going to hit the cap or get any reasonable progress playing the game the normal way.

I don't like how their powers are explained or how they work. When I first started this game it was a cool sci-fi about super high tech futuristic combat. And after you do the second dream and every quest after it, it's actually about space magic. Freaking space magic. "Oh man the infinite power of the void"- all having that lore added has done, is just make a superman-mary sue solution to literally everything. One of the great points about sci-fi is that the limits and weaknesses exist, whereas when magic is involved, power can be unlimited and you can always "push higher to access even more power"  which is a terrible solution and has been used to death. Rather than finding a smart and clever solution using limited resources to beat an unsolvable problem. What's the point of having a story or quest line when you know the solution is going to be void magic, when you know that you cannot be stopped, when you know that the villains are just specks of dust compared to what you have and that everything they say is basically a joke? The best stories have strong villains where you feel like the under dog where you feel helpless and you genuinely need to reach deep and search for something (even better when that something isn't more magical power, but something simple used in an interesting way) and you feel a great deal of satisfaction overcoming the great obstacle.

and yeah, I don't like how they eat into dev time. It's called Chains of Harrow. That quest had about 5 seconds of Harrow and everything else was about Rell. And going back to my last point, Remember that scene when you pick up the relic and she goes "oh no rell is here you need to run!" except I don't. I don't because I'm not in any risk because of my magic void powers enabling me to beat everything. There is no threat here. There is no fear. From a lore perspective I'm unstoppable and what rell does to my warframe is futile. Why. Why, would you lady, of all people who knows what I am ask me to run when there is no threat? 

15 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Is your opinion more important somehow?

No. Nowhere in that statement did I even insinuate my opinion was more important. If you're going to try and glean something like that out of it, then you're off to a very, very bad start in this conversation.

To be fair, you're not being exactly constructive either. Very defensive for some reason though.

I'm being quite "constructive". I asked the person I was speaking to why he thought such a way, and also gave answers to his grievances. I'm also not baselessly denouncing something without giving a reason to do so. THAT is not being constructive. If you're going to say something sucks and fling insults about it, give a reason why. Also, where am I being defensive? I haven't been directly attacked nor insulted. If asking for an explanation and giving my own view on things is being "defensive" then I guess you're also being very defensive as well. Everyone who strikes up a conversation and adds their own input that might be slightly contradictory to another person's input is being "defensive". This is what happens when you use a nebulous word as "defensive" in the wrong context.

Opinion, not a fact. It might mean jack-all to someone else, right?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is indeed a fact and I've already stated why. It's not my fault you stopped at the first sentence and became defensive about it (see what I did there?). But sure, if you reeeeeaaaally want to go down this extremely dark path for you, then go ahead. Post reasons why Focus 1.0 for Zenurik was better. I'll be more than happy to debate the issue, if you're up for it. Just be ready, because I love a good debate. Edit: Actually, let's not. At least not in this thread. It'd go completely off topic and derail it. You're welcome to make a new topic about it, or find the many topics talking about it already. Up to you. PM me a link to your post when (or if) you do.

Edited by SoulEchelon

On 11/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, FlyingDice said:

Mythologically: Nothing at all like what we were told about the Tenno prior to TSD/TWW. We got S#&$ty whiny kids (in terms of personality and worldview) when even the extant lore about them says that they should be mature and intelligent warriors, if a wee bit brainwashed.

Props to this summation, my man

Not only do I like silent protagonists, but Warframe supposed a particularly dark spin on the idea. We were silent but cunning demons to the NPCs, possessed of a ruthless and at times rather selfish efficiency and modus operandi. We were barely even human, a conclave of what advertised itself as honorable warriors but were also unmistakably mercenary killers. And sometimes payment was an afterthought, the killing just what we did because we could; it was a perfectly valid interpretation that we killed the Orokin not because the Orokin were a bunch of evil enslaving decadents, but because we were bored. And on top of all that, we were rather silly at times. We slapped pictures of enemy bosses on our chests, and the game let us choose our reasons for doing so -- some players, thinking Stalker is cool, did it out of a bizarre hero worship of the guy. We would dress up in hot pink with pumpkins on our heads, feed and walk our domesticated future wolves, then go slaughter an army of clones with boomerangs and sawblade launchers

In many ways, a transliteration of the actual video game players

Nowadays we play as innocent superheroes, and a lot of the above was lost. We killed the Orokin because they killed Margulis. We have kubrows because kids love doggies. We're demons because the Orokin were a bunch of xenophobic jerkwads who couldn't accept the fragile sowflakes

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Props to this summation, my man

Not only do I like silent protagonists, but Warframe supposed a particularly dark spin on the idea. We were silent but cunning demons to the NPCs, possessed of a ruthless and at times rather selfish efficiency and modus operandi. We were barely even human, a conclave of what advertised itself as honorable warriors but were also unmistakably mercenary killers. And sometimes payment was an afterthought, the killing just what we did because we could; it was a perfectly valid interpretation that we killed the Orokin not because the Orokin were a bunch of evil enslaving decadents, but because we were bored. And on top of all that, we were rather silly at times. We slapped pictures of enemy bosses on our chests, and the game let us choose our reasons for doing so -- some players, thinking Stalker is cool, did it out of a bizarre hero worship of the guy. We would dress up in hot pink with pumpkins on our heads, feed and walk our domesticated future wolves, then go slaughter an army of clones with boomerangs and sawblade launchers

In many ways, a transliteration of the actual video game players

Nowadays we play as innocent superheroes, and a lot of the above was lost. We killed the Orokin because they killed Margulis. We have kubrows because kids love doggies. We're demons because the Orokin were a bunch of xenophobic jerkwads who couldn't accept the fragile sowflakes

I see your reasoning and kinda agree as well.

I did like that dark, mysterious atmosphere surrounding everything, including "ourselves". I love a game that keeps me guessing and, while Warframe still has tons of secrets to unravel, the introduction of the Operator definitely removed a huge one. There was a subtle pivot in story direction at this point, and I believe it's mostly due to the fact that DE felt ready to actually divulge the main crux of their game's lore to us and continue it from there. This is the way I view it, at least. I world-build, brainstorm, and write stories daily; and was struck more in awe at the reveal than anything else as I didn't entirely see it coming. I see Warframe's story as what it is: a tale made by an author (or group of authors a.k.a. the devs) that is continuously unfolding not unlike an interactive book. Seeing it in this light keeps me from feeling like any particular event in the story is directly towards me as a player. It's...actually hard to explain. I see it as reading a book. I can like or dislike what's inside it, but I refuse to demand its author to change something within it just because I feel it should be different. It's not my story. It's theirs. (I'm not saying you're doing this btw, I'm just trying to explain my view on it.) But yeah tl;dr I see what you're saying and understand your view on it.

As for what the players do with their warframes and domesticated future wolves, well we can't really fault DE for giving us that much freedom. That said, think of it this way: The Tenno are so damn mentally imbalanced, they're more than happy to pilot weapons of mass destruction and slaughter everything in sight for the sake of misguided "balance" and a mysterious "mother" figure. They're so enamored with their duties that they paint rainbows on their massacre machines, stencil their victims' faces on them, and become as hypocritical as possible whenever treasures or rewards are concerned. To quote my favorite Grineer boss Sargas Ruk: "Are you just mercenaries? Fighting for scraps? Where is this so-called Tenno Honor?" This one line introduced years ago gave me goosebumps, because it was both 4th wall breaking and not at the same time.

Operators add nothing. They are a sudden and terminal reduction in my power that where not introduced well. My first impressions of these void-scarred children, Monsters of uncontrollable power forever altered by exposure was a generic energy beam and a similar concept to neon genesis. Now this in itself could work. IF we'd lived up to that, instead we're children and teenagers with some funky almost-scarring. Our powers all manifest in the same initial way and we look close enough to normal.

Later we had the operator gimmick for kuva. Again void touched monsters. Creatures the orokin feared and we're reduced to a handful of tricks?

and today we can fight. We who have existed for an age in dreams are now strong enough to survive the outside world and brave its perils?

The idea of the operator is alright but we as players should never have been able to screw around with them. I dislike them because the power fantasy is broken, they can't be what lore tells us they are and what we have now makes limited sense. Take the teralyst. Why do we need to pop out to strip a sentient's shields? That's never been a requirement before and it goes against what we know for something to completely ignore a warframe

5 minutes ago, Spiral.mp4 said:

Take the teralyst. Why do we need to pop out to strip a sentient's shields? That's never been a requirement before and it goes against what we know for something to completely ignore a warframe

Too sleepy to answer much else (That dumb post notification sound literally woke me out of my bed), but I think we can easily assume that Teralysts are stronger than the Sentients we find on the moon or during the Second Dream quest. They're pieces of an even bigger and ancient sentient the Tenno took down during the Old War. But even then, the "new age" sentients are pushovers for the Operator and yet far tougher for warframes to defeat since their shields adapt to counter them. This is the same for the Stalker, who is made to counter other warframes. The Operator is able to circumvent his adaptability as well. And before you point out the Operator needed help during the Second Dream, I'm sure waking up after countless years of sleep will make anyone just a tad bit sluggish. Anyway, back to bed.

Because of the focus trees. They need you to grind millions of focus points and invest them on things that won't see the light of the day. I mean, who would use their operator in an actual mission in a realistic scenario ? And why do you need to invest so much on something that you will only be using for a very short burst a couple of times you are running a mission.

Long story short, while the premise of the operators is cool(2nd dream was my favorite quest) their application in the game has been lackluster, along with the focus tree they brought along.

It isn't hatred. I think people are dissapointed more than anything.

Edited by White_Matter

I dislike them because they weren't ever necessary to begin with. Now there's so much time and recourses being wasted on them. Even the new Warframe quests aren't even about the Warframes anymore.. I want to learn more about them much more than some kid that came from a shounen anime. It doesn't bother me that they do exist, I just don't like them. Not going to let that ruin my time with this game. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Yeah, let's not. Your opinion doesn't mean all that much to me so I'll save both of our times. Rant away sir.

Ah, good to know! But next time? I suggest not starting crap when you're unable or refuse to back it up.

I dislike them because they weren't ever necessary to begin with. Now there's so much time and recourses being wasted on them. Even the new Warframe quests aren't even about the Warframes anymore.. I want to learn more about them much more than some kid that came from a shounen anime. It doesn't bother me that they do exist, I just don't like them. Not going to let that ruin my time with this game. 

According to DE the next big quest revolves around warframes and what exactly they are, so your wish will be granted soon enough.

Edited by SoulEchelon

19 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

According to DE the next big quest revolves around warframes and what exactly they are, so your wish will be granted soon enough.

The funny thing there is that a quest about what the Warframes really are is of course going to involve the Operator, as the quest is therefore going to involve the Operator finding out what the Warframes really are.

Now, as this thread is apparently for complaining about Operators, here is my complaint: their dialogue is dire, and is desperate need of a second pass, or at the very least a bloody dialogue wheel so that players can make decisions about their speech other than the strictly binary ON/OFF.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The funny thing there is that a quest about what the Warframes really are is of course going to involve the Operator, as the quest is therefore going to involve the Operator finding out what the Warframes really are.

Now, as this thread is apparently for complaining about Operators, here is my complaint: their dialogue is dire, and is desperate need of a second pass, or at the very least a bloody dialogue wheel so that players can make decisions about their speech other than the strictly binary ON/OFF.

Well asking DE to completely remove them from the rest of the storyline is a bit much. They're part of the story now, and part of the reason why warframes are in existence. Whether one likes it or not they're going to be around in some way or fashion. I was just pointing out the next quest won't revolve directly around them as much as the last two did (of course that's an assumption).

1 minute ago, SoulEchelon said:

Well asking DE to completely remove them from the rest of the storyline is a bit much. They're part of the story now, and part of the reason why warframes are in existence. Whether one likes it or not they're going to be around in some way or fashion. I was just pointing out the next quest won't revolve directly around them as much as the last two did (of course that's an assumption).

I just think it’s a little funny that some folks seem to be pinning their hopes for an Operator-free future on Excalibur Umbra. 

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I just think it’s a little funny that some folks seem to be pinning their hopes for an Operator-free future on Excalibur Umbra. 

And some folks are greatly enjoying the duality of having both. That said, it's incredibly doubtful Umbra will force you to give up your Operator. They put too many resources into it and have expanded the lore surrounding them exponentially. People latched onto the small teaser about sacrifice to the point of drawing their own conclusions and narratives. If Umbra's quest is released and none of this comes to pass, the forums will (once again) be filled with the vocal minority screaming angrily about disappointment they created within themselves.

5 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

And some folks are greatly enjoying the duality of having both. That said, it's incredibly doubtful Umbra will force you to give up your Operator. They put too many resources into it and have expanded the lore surrounding them exponentially. People latched onto the small teaser about sacrifice to the point of drawing their own conclusions and narratives. If Umbra's quest is released and none of this comes to pass, the forums will (once again) be filled with the vocal minority screaming angrily about disappointment they created within themselves.

I can think of one way that could actually work, mind! The quest comes with a prerequisite: have an Excalibur ‘frame. In the first mission of the quest, Operator loses control of this Excalibur due to exposure to [Plotanium], and from there on the Quest shows the Operator tracking this Excal between missions, with the missions featuring the player but not the Operator controlling the Excal. Excal is crippled, cannot use Focus, has a hard time regaining or channeling Energy, but slowly does [Plot Stuff], tracking this ‘Umbra’ thing and upgrading itself along the way.

Quest ends with this Excal Umbra returning to the Orbiter and forging a partnership with the Operator. Operator gains access to an upgraded Excalibur. The Excal gains a reliable source of the Void Energy it needs to do its thing.

Spoiler: this is not what’s going to happen.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I can think of one way that could actually work, mind! The quest comes with a prerequisite: have an Excalibur ‘frame. In the first mission of the quest, Operator loses control of this Excalibur due to exposure to [Plotanium], and from there on the Quest shows the Operator tracking this Excal between missions, with the missions featuring the player but not the Operator controlling the Excal. Excal is crippled, cannot use Focus, has a hard time regaining or channeling Energy, but slowly does [Plot Stuff], tracking this ‘Umbra’ thing and upgrading itself along the way.

Quest ends with this Excal Umbra returning to the Orbiter and forging a partnership with the Operator. Operator gains access to an upgraded Excalibur. The Excal gains a reliable source of the Void Energy it needs to do its thing.

Spoiler: this is not what’s going to happen.

I can see it happening that way, however with all the hype surrounding Umbra I'm almost positive DE wants to explode everyone's brains again with its reveal. We'll just have to see.

I do want to add though: If by some wild chance we have to sacrifice the Operator somehow, I won't be sad or angry or anything like that. I'd be amazed, really. But it's hard to see such an event happen with so much being put into them and their connection to this universe.

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

I can see it happening that way, however with all the hype surrounding Umbra I'm almost positive DE wants to explode everyone's brains again with its reveal. We'll just have to see.

I do want to add though: If by some wild chance we have to sacrifice the Operator somehow, I won't be sad or angry or anything like that. I'd be amazed, really. But it's hard to see such an event happen with so much being put into them and their connection to this universe.

If getting Umbra is a tradeoff, sacrifice Operator to get Umbra, then I’m sure Umbra’s nice, but I’m not touching it with a ten foot guandao. It’s fine for the people who would/do make that choice, mind! But the player character of my account is my Operator.

I have a question for people who dislike Operators.

What if a Warframe was not an "infested mindless golem" but another, equaly important half of a Tenno? Or what if Operator was another NPC ally, like Lotus and your Warframe was a main hero of the game? Would it make them less annoying for you? And if not, what else aside from a complete removal of the kids (like it or not, they are gonna stay)?

22 минуты назад, BornWithTeeth сказал:

Would love to see a better dialog, but I think that keeping it simple is a wise move. Adding more options will lead to choice and that is a road to complaints (justified or not) about player choice having no impact on the game.

16 минут назад, SoulEchelon сказал:

Oh my. Part of the headcannon is accepting it for what it is: a personal hypothesis that may not survive past next update.